May 2018 Moms

Physical Health Check-in 2/16

How far along?

How did this week go for you? 

How are you feeling about your exercise? 

GTKY: What is your main motivation for consistent exercising (to look good, to get endorphins, to be fit, to live longer, to eat pizza every day, etc.)?
Me: 32 | DH: 35
Married: 8/22/15
BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Physical Health Check-in 2/16

• How far along? 
    28w5d. (Also I initially wrote 25weeks and was like, "Wait! I'm third tri. Woo!")
    Okay. I only did barre and prenatal yoga. No running this week. I'm debating running just  a mile tomorrow...I really don't want to.
    Things have been feeling kind of wonky and achey the past few weeks, so I'm kind of okay with me being more lax lately. I do want to at least try to run this week or next, but I'm not in a rush or beating myself up over it this week.
    GTKY: What is your main motivation for consistent exercising (to look good, to get endorphins, to be fit, to live longer, to eat pizza every day, etc.)?
    Now that I'm pregnant, it's mostly just bc I am hoping consistent exercise will help with labor and delivery. And I read that exercise is good for the LO. 
    When not pregnant, my main motivation is to look fit. I started exercising when my ex dumped me bc I wanted to be in the best shape of my life to regain confidence and find someone new. Too bad I kept going back to him and getting re-dumped. Eventually I figured it out  :D

• @silverhope lol I'm glad you found someone better, I've done the same thing in the past.  :D

How far along? 29 + 2

How did this week go for you? So far so good! Still running. Work was crazy so I didn't do as much other gym stuff but I'm usually better about that over the weekend. Working out in the morning feels so much better on my pregnant bod.  :D

How are you feeling about your exercise? Still feeling good for the most part. I had a good workout this morning and then I got a 90 minute massage, it was amaaaazing. I feel so good this afternoon.

Usually to be fit & get endorphins but also to eat pizza and dessert. The same reasons now but also because I know it's good for the babe and for labor!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along? 
    26w5d 

This week went great. I even went valentine's morning so I got to spend all night with dh and our kids. 

Better this week. My last 2 times going I've done well and haven't been exhausted after the hour was up.
    My biggest issue now is getting my gym shoes on and off.

Before pregnancy it was to keep losing weight. I hated how I looked in photos with my kids and avoided the camera and didn't want to do that anymore. So I wanted to keep going so I could keep toning up and losing weight.
    Now I keep going because I know it's best for me and baby to try and stay fit. And it's helping me keep up with our toddlers.
    I do feel a lot better this pregnancy overall and I know the gym has been a big part of that.
  • @rachelg777 my husband gifted me an IOU prenatal massage for my bday last month and I still haven't cashed in. I can't wait though. I think I'm going to use it when we go on our a babymoon bc there is a spa at the hotel  :)

• How far along?  28w5d

How did this week go for you? terrible...80 hour work weeks are keeping me from the gym. but, managing to fit in a quick walk during lunch most days. 

How are you feeling about your exercise?  meh. I feel good when I do it...but, its hard to find the time. 

When pregnant, similar to @silverhope I do it in hopes of feeling better, having a healthier pregnancy, and hopefully it will help a little with labor and delivery. 
    When not pregnant, I also do it mostly for health reasons. I work a desk job, and I feel much better when I am able to excercise. 

@rachelg777 I'm getting a 90 min massage next week! I cannot wait. So glad you were able to get one. 

@suchaglencoco love that you had a successful week! 
  • @silverhope so glad you came to your senses. Way to go on staying active this week!

@rachelg777 lucky you for the massage!! 

@kpc914 80 hr work week sounds crazy- I hope you get to relax this weekend.

I’m 29+4

i made it to the gym every day except for today and felt good about my workouts this week! Well, I did make it to the gym today but I didn’t work out, which is definitely a first for me. I put the kids in childcare and then sat and talked to my BFF for about 45 minutes. When she left I decided I needed a nap so I grabbed the kids and left. No regrets.

When not pregnant, my motivation for getting fit was much like @suchaglencoco I just didn’t want to take pictures plus I want a fit family and that starts with me. I also continue to work out while pregnant because I believe that doing so last time played a big part in having an easy delivery.
  • How far along?  29+4

How did this week go for you? Good.  I’m tracking my food and watch my iron intake. It’s working and I feel less tired. 

How are you feeling about your exercise? I missed one day this week because I was running a low fever, but other than that, I’ve walked or done yoga every day. 

GTKY: What is your main motivation for consistent exercising (to look good, to get endorphins, to be fit, to live longer, to eat pizza every day, etc.)?  all of those?  I want to look good, be healthy, manage my stress, and not feel bad if I want to indulge in a treat. 

@silverhope @rachelg777 I’m impressed you’re still running. 

@suchaglencoco the struggle is real with shoes

@kpc914 glad you’re still able to fit walks in

@MissusTexas I agree about it helping with labor. I felt like it helped me mentally and physically last time. 
  • @mileswithmyles,  how long or how far do you walk?  
    I think I need to start walking our treadmill for 30 minutes on my off gym days to get in the habit of doing something else so when I stop the gym, I'm still semi active. I'm just not sure if 30 minutes is a good goal or not.

Also, I had a giggle fit last night at the gym. I was holding a med ball and then couldn't stop comparing it to my belly and then laughed like a weirdo by myself in the corner. Is losing your mind a symptom of pregnancy? 
  • @suchaglencoco during the week, I only really have time for 30ish minutes. I start at 3.0 and go up by .1 in speed every 5 minutes until I hit 3.5, and then do a 5 minutes cool down. On the weekends, I try to shoot for an hour of the same thing or I’ll walk the 4.5 mile loop with my running buddy. 30 minutes is a good goal and I feel like it’s doable for me on days I work. 

• How far along?
     25+4

How did this week go for you?productive week! My mom is in town and helping me get organized and purchase needed stuff for babe. 

Fair. Yoga twice, several dog walks, but no hiking or weights this week. Ate pretty well. 

GTKY: What is your main motivation for consistent exercising (to look good, to get endorphins, to be fit, to live longer, to eat pizza every day, etc.)? typically, it’s a stress reliever for me, and I want to look good! But while pregnant, it’s about preparing for labor and for the health of the baby... like many of you said!! 
  • @mileswithmyles I should really start tracking what I eat. My iron was just below the normal range at my last OB appt and I don’t particularly wanna supplement beyond my prenatal. I used to use myfitnesspal, but I haven’t used it in ages. I have such a hard time staying motivated to track my diet.

• @suchaglencoco Haha! Love the gym shoes comment! It’s so true. I’m always the crazy person cracking up at my own jokes. 
    @mileswithmyles Love your routine!  I am getting to be the laziest exercise person. I give myself a ton of breaks. 
    @MissusTexas Sometimes a talk with a friend and a nap is what you truly need! 
    How far along? 
    27w + 2
    I’m getting so lazy!  If I feel the least bit tired I make excuses. I’m still on my running streak (Day 435) we were on vacation so it was extra tough to be motivated. 
    I’m glad I’m on a streak bc I would definitely make excuses and quit. This thread is helping a ton too!! Knowing you ladies are keeping up the routine is inspirational!
    GTKY: What is your main motivation for consistent exercising (to look good, to get endorphins, to be fit, to live longer, to eat pizza every day, etc.)? A little bit of all of these! Right now it’s mostly to stay healthy and eat what I want!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @roomsu So impressed you kept up your incredible running streak even on vaca while pregnant! That is amazing. Also I think breaks while running or squatting or lifting or whatever are super important right now. Don't want to over exert and regret it, so shouldn't beat yourself up over breaks. Exercising with breaks is way better than zero exercise :)