March 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change (2/17-2/18)

1.How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. Any upcoming appointments this week?

3. Any new symptoms?

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions?

5. GTKY: we're all getting so close! What last minute preparations do you need to do?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (2/17-2/18)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    38 weeks! Baby is the size of a winter melon. Ovia says a ukulele or a pomeranian, which is a little more fun.

I had my 38 week appointment on Friday and it went fine. 39 week appointment this coming Friday and that will be my last one!!! C-section the following Monday. :)

3. Any new symptoms?
    I can't sleeeeep.  All I want to do is sleep, but night time comes and I'm just wide awake. And (probably TMI sorry) my mucus plug came out this morning, so that was... interesting/disgusting/surprising.

Nothing in particular... just stressing out about being a week away from meeting this little girl. I'm so done being pregnant and I'm excited to see DS as a big brother, but man, newborns are tough. Not sure I'm ready for that stage all over again.

5. GTKY: we're all getting so close! What last minute preparations do you need to do?
    Still need to install my car seat bases and wash the cover and strap pads for the car seat, too. And a thorough deep clean of the house. We've done a good job de-cluttering and getting everything where it needs to be, but now we just need to scrub and dust and do some detail vacuuming.  I'd like to make time to get a haircut too this week, just can't quite pull the trigger on if I want to chop it pretty short or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Shout out to @ashleyf911 for doing this because I just realized this is the weekend....what a life  :#

1.How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 weeks yesterday. He's a winter melon or Swiss chard depending on your preference of produce.

2. Any upcoming appointments this week? Weekly with delivering OB on Monday. 

3. Any new symptoms? Not sure if this is pregnancy related, but for the last two weeks when I wake up/am inactive my wrist is killing me near my thumb. Didn't help when an IV was attempted in the vein near there, which was missed. Thought the pain would be gone by now. I'll wait until LO gets here to see someone for it.

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? DH made the "joke" that I didn't need cerclage/bedrest these last 5 months since LO is still in 1.5 weeks after having cerclage removed. This was Friday. I just started back speaking to him this morning. My hormones have made me a crazy woman lol

5. GTKY: we're all getting so close! What last minute preparations do you need to do? I'm cleaning my house now, prepping his birth announcement, making padsicles and a week's worth of freezer meals before Wednesday. After that I think we are pretty well set. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cford08 your wrist might be pregnancy carpal tunnel. I got it with my first and am starting to get it now. The only time I really have trouble with it is right when I wake up in the morning, and it went away pretty much as soon as I had DS.

@fatstagnation totally not too late for the panicky thoughts! Every once in awhile I catch myself thinking "oh crap, why did we think we wanted a second kid?" haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ashleyf911 thank you for making me feel better about this wrist. I was thinking this could be pg related because it is the most random thing. I hadn't done anything strenuous before it started hurting and I've never dealt with it before. Just crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    35 weeks today - pineapple

Ultrasound and MW appt with a GBS swab on Thursday

3. Any new symptoms?
    Nothing new, but I did have a stomach bug this weekend. I didn't have a fever so I think I just ate something bad, but it has been no fun this long weekend. I got nothing done AND had to postpone my shower. 

I am almost hoping this baby comes soon bc I am so over work - how bad is that?!

I may want this LO to come already, but we are so not ready!! I thought with my shower this weekend, we would get some stuff we needed, but since it got postponed now I'm freaking put just a smidge. I know we don't need much at the beginning, but stilllllllll.
    So basically our last minute preparations include all the things!! 
  • Options
    1.How far along are you? How big is baby? 35 weeks

2. Any upcoming appointments this week? not until next week

3. Any new symptoms? hemmorhoids and acid reflux

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? I'm starting to panic. I know nothing about babies. 

5. GTKY: we're all getting so close! What last minute preparations do you need to do? DH installed the carseat yesterday but I think he did it wrong so I need to take it to the fire station to get it checked. I still need to pack my hospital bag. Just found a pediatrician today. Back to the carseat- this caused a mental breakdown for me because I've never used a carseat before and it seems so complicated and it made me realize I'm in way over my head. 

• Options
    Sorry I'm late--busy weekend!!

@amanning2011 that's so nice your MIL is coming to help! I can't imagine having to pack and move right now, so I'm sure the extra hands will be put to good use!

@fatstagnation we installed one of our car seat bases this weekend, and it was WAY easier than I was expecting! It honestly took less than 5 minutes (maybe 10-15 if you include the time spent reading the manual beforehand), so maybe if you tell him that, he'll be more willing to tackle it?

@ashleyf911 you're so close!! I can't wait to see your birth announcement! :)

@cford08 your husband and his jokes..... *eyeroll* He'd probably get along great with mine too :lol:

@amylonghorn I hope you're feeling better after your stomach bug! Do you have a new date set for the shower already?

36 weeks yesterday - papaya

I had an appt with my OB this morning with GBS swab and cervical check. This week is crazy with baby stuff. Infant care class Tuesday, our last childbirth class Wednesday, work showers on Friday, and breastfeeding class Saturday.

3. Any new symptoms?
    I had some swelling in my feet and ankles last week which was new for me, but it seems to have gone down a little.

My parents are wonderful. They came to visit this weekend to help us get things done around the house (we moved into a new house in October and still have plenty of projects we wanted to do). With their help we were able to do a lot. We have the nursery pretty much ready to go, new light fixtures hung, a new kitchen sink installed, new blinds and curtains, car seat base installed, some more freezer meals, and all the boxes unpacked. (Yes, we still had a few boxes sitting around. Don't judge.) So productive!

This weekend helped a ton with my anxieties about not being ready, but we definitely have some more tasks still. I want to get the pack n play and swing set up soon so my dog gets used to them being there before baby is home, and we need to put together the co-sleeper my sister gave us. Our bed is pretty low, and I'm afraid it won't work with it. I've been avoiding it because I'm not sure where the baby will sleep at first if it doesn't work, but that's something I need to find out now rather than our first night home with the baby!
  • Options
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who isn't ready. :D We have our shower this Sunday and I'm hoping we get some things we actually registered for. Plus, I just realized there isn't one diaper in this house! 

As DH says, babies survived when humans lived in caves. We'll be alright without all the things.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @stlbuckeye132 yeah he's a hot mess  :D we should make them both be comedians since they probably think they're hilarious!

@amylonghorn that sucks about your shower! I was really hoping you'd be magically cured by Saturday...but you will get all the things very soon  <3

@sarahhedger7 I.am.terrified. right along with you. Feels like children are such fragile little beings, and unfortunately no manual! I've had plenty of moments like @fatstagnation ....can we back out or put him back until we are ready?!
    Pregnancy Ticker