Trouble TTC
Options

Quick story I wanted to share... *TW*

*TW*

I felt compelled to share something with you guys this morning.  I don’t know if you’re religious or not, I guess I am...kind of?  Haha.  But this post is religious and I certainly don’t want to offend anyone, it’s just something that has brought me a lot of comfort this week so I wanted to share it.

A friend of mine had a baby boy about 6 months ago, perfectly healthy in every way except he was born with a cleft lip/pallate.  They didn’t know about it until he was born so she talks a lot about the mixture of joy and terror and heartbreak, which I know a lot of us can relate to.  

She shares a lot about his life on Facebook, right now he has to wear this mouth piece that looks (and from what I understand, is) very uncomfortable if not painful.  (But every picture she posts of him he has this big goofy smile behind that awful piece of plastic...another good lesson.)  

Anyway, she wrote this beautiful story the other day about having to wake up her beautiful, milk-drunk baby to put that mouthpiece back in before she put him to bed.  He was screaming and crying while she wrestled to get it back in, and she said the whole time (through her tears) she was saying to him “it’s okay, you’re okay, I’m so sorry, I know it hurts but this is for you, it’s good for you I promise, you need this...” and she realized that that is what God is, and always has been, saying to her.  To us.  

I’m honestly not very religious.  Especially now because something I really struggle with is believing that this is all somehow a part of “the plan”...somebody sent me a song a few months ago (Thy Will) which was written after the singer had a miscarriage, and she says “I may never understand that my broken heart is a part of your plan” and that really hits home for me, I guess that’s where I am right now in trying to understand my life over the last two years.  

But that image of God holding me while I cry in pain and saying to me “I’m so sorry, I know this hurts, but it’s good for you I promise, this is for you...” has brought me a lot of peace this week.  So I wanted to share it with you, too.  
Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)

Re: Quick story I wanted to share... *TW*

• Options
    Thanks for sharing!  One of my favorites is Ginny Owen's "If You Want Me To."  IF sucks, and there are no easy answers.  <3
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!  I’m fairly religious and that song has always really spoken to me. It’s tough to believe in the ultimate plan but sometimes it’s all that gets me to put one foot in front of the other.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @soehlerk I will check that one out!!!!! 

@Worldtravler0522 I sing it almost every day for sure, I have to believe that there’s a reason this is happening, and I believe that God is good...so this has to be a good plan...right?  Haha.  Somebody told me this time is shaping me into the mother I will be one day...on the days when I can believe I am going to be a mother, that really helps!
  • Options
    @BWhitta that is a beautiful story. I have always believed in God and attended church before this battle with infertility but now I struggle with my faith and believing that part of the plan is for me to hurt. This story really touched me so I'm glad you shared. 
  • Options
    @meganttc3 it’s definitely enough to lose faith over, but I hope we can both stay strong :smile: I’m so glad this story helped you, it still really helps me too!!!
  • Options
    @BWhitta its easier to stay strong when you have a community of support to lean on