1st Trimester
Options

NT ultra sound

We had our 10 week ultra sound Wednesday and baby A had thick fluid behind it's neck so we have to have a NT ultra sound. Has anyone experienced this? Our OB assured us he dont think it's anything to be worried about but he wants to do the NT ultra sound just to make sure. We are a nervous mommies to be here.

Re: NT ultra sound

• Options
    NTscan is normal procedure in most states and practices. I wouldn’t be concerned. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Did they recommend blood work? With each of my pregnancies they did the NT scan and blood work for a more conclusive understanding. I’m not high risk, it was a normal procedure with my OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A lot of people choose to do an NT scan so it can be normal procedure but it specifically measures fluid behind the neck as one of the measurements they really look at 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Similar situation..  at 9.5 weeks tech told the same thing but then dr said that the neck measurements are not reliable until after 11 weeks so not to worry. I am not thrilled to hear that but as DH said.. dr said not to worry at this stage. Will have the same scan at 12 weeks. I have looked into this a lot and found several people who were told before 11 weeks that there might be a concern but by 11/12 weeks it was normal!