Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

No Heartbeat

Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself here. I've gotten used to having a birth month needed to talk to and now find myself here. After 3 ultrasounds we realize the inevitable and know that I'm going to miscarry. I'm in the process of waiting it out until Monday in hopes I can do this naturally at home. I've miscarried once so I somewhat know what I'm getting into but it's been a long time and I'm further along this time than last. I'm thankful for a group of ladies who are going through the same to come talk to. 

Re: No Heartbeat

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you find peace and wish for you to have your rainbow soon!

It's a lonely thing, losing a baby, but I'm glad to know there are folks out there who get it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also had no heartbeat on an ultrasound last week (where I also found out I was having twins). I had a d&c though on Monday. I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this also! :( It sucks getting all excited only to have this happen. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I also had no heart beat on an ultrasound on Tuesday and I have a d&c scheduled for tomorrow.  So sorry for your loss. ☹️
  • I have my pre-op for D/C tomorrow, and honestly I'm terrified! @chelletn, hope you're doing well.
  • @chelletn@bmxerbaby had to chime in after seeing familiar names. I went with the home approach (misoprostol) again, this is my 3rd MC, and it does not seem to be working as expected. Started it on Sunday and had them refill for another 2 doses without much result. Today I’m cramping horribly and hoping that means my body is finally getting the message. I think if this happens again (God forbid) I’m going with the D/C - how did yours go @bmxerbaby? @chelletn what did you decide to do?
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 I went in yesterday for the D/C. I was hoping my body would have done it naturally over the weekend, but it hung on. The process wasn't too bad, very minimal pain during. I did have some issues on the way home, vomiting and cramping but they went away fairly quickly. This morning, nothing. Best of luck to you.
  • I’m so sorry. I went in last week at 8w2d to find a sac and no heartbeat. The doc is saying blighted ovum is likely. I am giving my body the week to naturally pass. I’m hoping I don’t have to medically intervene. I’m not even sure what route I’ll go. I’m scared of a procedure but I’m equally nervous about the side effects of the medication. 
  • I had a d&c Feb 2nd. After having an incomplete miscarriage naturally, I would definitely opt for a d &c if I ever find myself in this position again. I didn't need any pain killer and was back to normal the next day. There seems to be a trepidation about the procedure  ( I know I felt it before I had the procedure ) and for me it was unnecessary. I'm so sorry to everyone having to make these decisions.