May 2018 Moms

Due Date Check In: Second Week of May (5/6-5/13) w/o 2/12

Weekly check in for people who are due the second week of May: 5/6-5/12

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: Has anyone ever told you that you look like a celebrity and who? 

Alternate or bonus GTKY: What is one of your biggest pet peeves? 

Re: Due Date Check In: Second Week of May (5/6-5/13) w/o 2/12

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    Due 5/12. 27+2. Size of a bunch of bananas?? 
    A little nervous. We had a 3D US this weekend and the tech said she’s measuring 29 weeks according her her measurements. This was a boutique place (with certified techs) and she said she had been doing it for 17 years. Gonna wait until my next US with my doctor before I panic that we may have a big baby or having her 2 weeksish earlier than planned. 

BTW I am REALLY sure about my ovulation date so I don’t think it could be that was off. I was temping, testing, and monitoring CM. Also I get ovulation pains so I am pretty sure that I didn’t ovulate 2 weeks earlier than I thought. 

Feeling ok. Just effing tired. Too tired to list symptoms. Getting a little nervous for my GD test next week (2/22) but excited for the ultrasound after! 

Not until 2/22

Nope! Although people tell me DH looks like Jack from this is us, and I am 100 percent ok with it! It’s the crooked smile thing. 

I was just discussing pet peeves with DH so that’s what made me think of this. I find it so annoying when people make broad statements like “never get married young,” or “never have kids after 30.”  Regardless of the statement, I think it’s annoying when people assume that this situations that may have applied to them will apply to all of the human race. The articles that are like “20 reasons why everyone should have kids before 25,” or the other side “20 reasons why no one should have kids before 25.”  I find that so irritating. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sandbar517 agree with all of your pet peeves! Perpetually late drives me nuts! 

Yeah I’m trying not to think too much about the measuring stuff. I don’t want to get my hopes up that she’s going to come early and have her like 10 days late hahah. 

GL on the house search! I loved looking at houses! It sounds like yours should be snatched up quickly! 
    27+2, due 5/12. Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower.
    I'm feeling fine. Nothing to rant or rave about this week. 
    One on 2/20. Just a regular check-in.

When I was in college a few ppl told me I sort of looked like Kourtney Kardashian... I don't see it. 
    Late people. Aside from emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, I think tardiness is a sign of disrespect. I see it as a statement that you don't value other people's time. I've actually stopped seeing friends I've had for a while because they were constantly late. I'm not even talking 15 - 20 minutes, I mean 45 minutes to more than an hour. I went to a bar to meet a friend at 6:30pm. Knowing she'd be late I arrived at 6:50/55 and she didn't get there until 7:10pm. I wouldn't have cared so much if I was able to drink and take advantage of happy hour. Being that I'm pregnant I just sat there drinking water and having some bar snacks. 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 27w3d, 5/11, lettuce

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? valentine's day? Ha. Im excited about some yimmy chocolate! Not a lot going on pregnancy wise. Little guy is a big mover, he weighed 2lb 4oz on u/s last Thursday  (40th%tile) and was breech,  but has flipped since then and it back to kicking up high, which I love. I passed my glucose test! Yay!

Any upcoming appointments? repeat 4D next week since he didn't cooperate for a single picture last week. 

a couple in passing, when I was younger I was often told I favored Julia roberts.. I don't see it at all. 

Bad grammar and one-uppers/people whose good is always better than everyone else/bad is always worse than everyone else. Annoying.

@bjkay22
    I wouldn't worry about size at all at this point. There's usually no concern until baby is 4 weeks off on a measurement and it's too early to correlate current weight to birth weight at this point. 

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 27 + 5 / May 10th

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? I noticed recently that when sitting down on the floor, my belly feels like it's in the way for a few seconds until I get situated or pull it up a little. I feel huge compared to last time, but I won't know for sure until I hit 30 weeks and have a picture to compare with. @bjkay22 I'm scared that my baby will be huge too! With DD, the day I had her, they estimated 8.5 pounds and she was 8, so they can definitely be off.

Any upcoming appointments? I have one next week and DD's preschool is closed, so she'll have to come with me. I hate when she has to come as it's so hard to concentrate on the doctor and ask questions!

I've heard a lot of things, but most often, Alyson Hanigan or Hope Davis (most people don't know her).

Loud breathing, except in an exercise class or something. Drives me up the wall.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    28weeks today. Hello 3rd trimester. 5/11. Eggplant I think. 

So much has gone on. Monday I made the mistake of checking my BP at one of the machines at a drug store... 141/97, I waited 8 hours did it again at a different drug store and it was 154/96... way to high so I freaked and went to my OB the following day which it was at 124/84 then, so in the normalish range but obviously increasing from my norm 100ish/60ish BP. Had to go to the OB today for another BP check and it was 134/88. Even if the machines were off, it's evident that my BP is going up. So I get to do another 24hour pee in a jug test, and we are going to do steroid injections to develope baby's lungs in case we don't make it to the c/s, which now has to be scheduled for 37weeks instead of 39. So I will have an April baby :'(

My next OB appointment is Feb 22nd. 

Nope

lol right now it seems that everything is a pet peeve. But I think the biggest thing is house guests or company messing with the settings on my tv. Step brother in law actually turned on subtitles on my hulu and it took me days to figure out how to get it off ;) I wasn't impressed.
  • I wanna add that I am sorry I haven't been here in months. There isn't much of an excuse other than I have been really stressed and didn't want to take it out on anyone. I am still stressed but hoping that I can get through the next couple months with you all. 
  • @Kendrajos so sorry about all the stress you've been having during the pregnancy. And I'm so sorry about the raising BP--I'm sure the stress hasn't been helping on that front :( I'm glad your OB is a solid plan for you and your LO and is keeping a good eye on your and your baby's health. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Thanks @silverhope having a plan makes me feel a lil better! I hope you are able to get lots of naps. 
  • @Kendrajos sorry about your BP! I was I induced at 37+3 due to high BP with DS. No fun :( 

if it makes you feel any better, I’ll probaby have April babies too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lincbeesmom I made it to 38.5 weeks with my first son before being induced. Do you know if you are having BP issues also? I just wanna make it to full term. I am sorry that you might have BP issues again as well. 
  • @Kendrajos my BP has been good this time around so hopefully it’s not an issue :)

Pregnancy Ticker