TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Week of 2/13

Better late than never! 

1. Introduce yourself (if new)
2. Status?
3. Rants/Raves:
4. GTKY: Favorite winter Olympics sport?

Re: TTCAL Week of 2/13

• Options
    1. Not new
    2. TWW 12 or 14 DPO so far BFN
    3. Is it the weekend yet?
    4. I like snow boarding, the luge and skating.  It all fascinates me 
  • Options
    @Kath525 thanks for starting thread
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2. WFAF and then on to FET #2.
    3. Sorry I've been a lackluster contributor the last couple of weeks. I found the TWW after the embryo transfer pretty anxiety-inducing since there's so much pressure/hope for things to work once you get to this stage of treatments. It all had me thinking about my first loss more and more and getting really upset over it since I wouldn't even be in this position if she had just lived. I would have an 8 month old right now, not be going through IVF. It's just made me stay away from the boards or just pop in to say something when I feel I can handle it. Sorry guys.  
    4. Um, I'm not a big Olympic fan in general, but I do enjoy watching the snowboarding, freestyle skiing, and the figure skating. All the stuff with tricks!

@Mack2342 I can't watch the luge or skeleton events. I try but I sit there super tense and nervous waiting for someone to die so then I have to change the channel lol!!!!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    1. Not new. Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. WTO CD 11.
    3. Rant(ish): sooo i scheduled my DHs sperm analysis a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really pay attention to when i was scheduling it. I guess i scheduled it for Wednesday... Valentine's day! It's an hour away and the appointment is at 6. We don't usually do much for Vday any ways but it would have been a nice excuse for a date night. Oops!
    Rant/Rave: *TW living child mentioned*
    My DD is officially potty training and it's going really well. Leading me to have all kinds of is-this-my-last-baby emotions. I love the idea of being done with diapers while hating the idea of being done with diapers. I'm a hot mess today. *end TW
    4. I LOVE the figure skating. Snow boarding is also interesting to me.

@tosh24 sorry that this is creating so much anxiety for you but it's very understandable. What a hard journey this is! Thinking of you.
  • Options
    1. Not new, 3mc in 2017
    2. WFAF, will likely show up tomorrow. It's a good thing I don't celebrate Vday either @Kath525
    3. Been a bit quiet over on my end, somewhat similar to @tosh24 but for slightly different reasons. We have yet to fully take the plunge to TTC again after our third loss and yet I'm 41 so each month that slips away is difficult. 
    4. probably snowboarding and curling because I love to do both. Years ago we went to a few Olympic events and it made them even more exciting to now watch. We saw luge, bobsled, biathlon and alpine skiing, all were very cool. But we also saw skiing in the paralympics and those athletes blew me away. I wish the media would give more coverage to the paralympics. 
  • Options
    @40momma DH and I were just talking about wanting to go watch sometime. We were wondering if it was worth it. If you could actually see and hear what was going on.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): Still fairly new, cp 4 weeks ago.
    2. Status? Technically TWW, but 99% sure I'm just waiting for AF now. CD31 and BFN.
    3. Rants: Work is both boring and stressful at the same time lately. Raves: Got way too excited when I realized I had forgotten about a chocolate gelato in the freezer earlier. Now I have... less gelato in the freezer.
    4. GTKY: Favorite winter Olympics sport? I don't really watch it! Can I say Cool Runnings?
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if new)
    Joined in December after a MMC.  Had a CP last week after our first unbenched cycle.  

2. Status?
    WTO

3. Rants/Raves:

School/internship is kicking my butt a little bit.  
    My H wants to take a break from TTC until things are a little less stressful since he thinks it could be a factor in the miscarriages.  I have a hard time believing stress is causing losses but he’s coming to my RPL OB appointment on Thursday so hopefully she can ease both of our minds a little and he’ll be willing to keep trying.  

4. GTKY: Favorite winter Olympics sport

Speed skating and figure skating.  It was fun watching that 17 year old American win gold in snowboarding too.  I used to like luge but have a hard time watching after what happened in the Olympics in Canada. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @Kath525 we loved the olympics. I've never really been a fan in the past and actually considered leaving town when it came through years ago but we stayed and ended up getting a bunch of tickets and we thought it was amazing. So much national pride from countries all over the world. The concerts and medal ceremonies were awesome. It was just a huge world wide party and I would highly recommend it. We met one couple that travels every 2 years as their vacation to wherever the Olympics are, they said it's the best way to see the host country at its best and I agree. 
    @coco2787 I actually went to watch luge that same year and saw a small crash and I was horrified that I could have been watching someone die. But they jumped up, brushed themselves off and waved to the crowd. Mad respect. 
  • Options
    I've been MIA lately. School has been insane, this is a level 400 course with massive writing assignments; my work schedule changed; and I am having a rough time. **TW**

Feb 19th would have been my due date. I am having a really hard time with this and my anxiety seems to be through the roof lately. My boss's daughter in law came into the office with her belly all poking out and my boss just gushing over her new grand baby to be. I understand her excitement but the insensitivity of people makes me so angry sometimes. It took everything I had to hold back my tears. I'm hoping it gets easier when I get past the 19th. 

As for status, I seem to be having about a 37-40 day cycle pretty regularly now which is good, however I don't know if I am actually ovulating. We have decided to try for another 2 years and reevaluate at that point. A little sad AF showed up this week, was hoping for  BFP. I did start the keto diet for my PCOS and it has been amazing so far! Since 1/1/18 I'm down almost 8 lbs, and even though the scale doesn't show it I have lost a lot of fat. I feel so much better! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Options
    @eranvo27 sorry you are struggling. EDD are very difficult well all milestones are.  I’ve passed two EDD so far.  My first one is coming back up in March its also a loss month for me.  I find if I keep busy on those days it’s easier.  I have found that the days leading up to EDD are worse.  So if you can find things to occupy your time between now and then maybe it will help. 
  • Options
    @eranvo27 milestones just suck. I hope the next few days go quickly for you. Thinking of you.

AFM... Hosted a gender reveal for a friend tonight. She really wanted a girl and it's a boy. She was really, really upset. I was trying, REALLY trying to be sympathetic... But I really just couldn't be. I got through the party and then just let myself feel miserable for an hour. Because. this. just. sucks. Blah. But now that I've vented, I'm not going to let it continue to bog me down.  
  • Options
    So to add to this night... DH went to get his sperm analysis with his primary (family practioner so also an obgyn) tonight. And he told dh he wants us to try for another 6 months before we do any further testing.... I'm so frustrated. So beyond frustrated. He told us to relax and it'll happen..... Yeah. Okay. Ughhhhhh. Bad day. Bad day.
  • Options
    @Kath525 ugh you were so kind to host a gender reveal for your friend and she is upset on gender, WTF! How dare her.   And then dr saying relax and it will happen, so annoying!   
  • Options
    1. Kinda new. MC at 6 weeks in 11/17. 
    2. Currently CD 7ish. Trying to be casual about ttc as we were ntnp last time and that seemed to have worked. Trying being the operative word. We were/are so completely devastated by our loss that it really made us realize how badly we really want this. 
    3. Rant - I had the stomach flu last week and I have a terrible cold this week. I'm tired of being sick! 
    Rave - husband got me ice cream as a Valentine's Day treat! It's the little things.. 
    4. I'm obsessed with the Olympics! I watch anything and everything I can! I love love it and I cry at least once a day while watching. 
  • Options
    2. Status? Technically TWW but BFN 12dpo and waiting for AF and then back on the gee dee bench for a cycle to get the chicken pox vaccine for RE.  
    3. Rants/Raves: my rant is basically this stinking shot and having to wait MORE... all I’ve done is wait since my loss in September; hysteroscopy in January, fiiiinally good to go and bam.  It’s foolish.  Insurance also won’t cover spinal muscular atrophy and cystic fibrosis screenings and that’s ticking me off.  This process is hard enough without the band of idiots at my insurance making medical decisions.
    rave - school vacation starts Friday and I so need a break... and we are a month our from moving back into our house now!
    4. GTKY: Favorite winter Olympics sport? Skating... although, we don’t have cable so we really haven’t seen much of any of it!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Thanks for commiserating. His doctor is a little more old school. I should have expected that. DH wants to try a couple more months before finishing testing. I was frustrated but then he said if we did it this way he was willing to try for another year whereas the last time we talked he had said June. So that's taken some pressure off. But my goodness trying for another whole year sounds horrific. I hope it doesn't take that long. 
    His dr also said he recommended BD -3 -1 and +1. Anyone else been told every other day and not O day? We had been BD every day -2 through +1
  • Options
    @Kath525 ugh, sorry about your friend.  That would have really upset me.  Some people need a little perspective.  That really sucks about your doctor too, 6 months is a long time!  I don't see why there would be any harm in doing testing, it's not like you're asking for fertility drugs.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Kath525 I definitely would've reminded her that at least her child is still alive... and if she really REALLY wanted it one way and would be upset and pissy if it went the other, than she should've found out in PRIVATE and not held a big-@ss party for it.  Also, GRRRR to your doctor saying to relax and it takes time. That always makes me want to punch people in the face!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @kath525 - I would push back on that doctor or find a new one.  How long have you been TTC?  When we got to the 6 month mark my OB ordered all fertility testing for us.  I don't see the big deal about testing why wait?  Total time we've TTC is 19 months and I've come to peace and honestly just want to move on at this point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kath525 so my reg OB said to BD every other day from CD 10 to CD 20 nothing about making sure on O day.  RE tells us to BD 2 days before O day which is IUI day for us and then later on O day.  So two deposits on O day and once 2 days before O.  
  • Options
    vlagrl29  A lot of time the 'waiting' period is for insurance purposes. 6 months is an acceptable time period for IF tests if you're AMA (35 and over), but if not, it's 12 months.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer - oh ok - none of my testing was covered so I didn't realize insurance had a time frame.
  • Options
    vlagrl29  Yeah, some people do theirs early if they already know they have to pay OOP.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    I've been slacking the last couple weeks

1 - Not new, TWW
    R/R - I've had 2 good days in a row now so I'm hoping the worst if over for me.  I've been off clomid for 2 weeks now.  still waking middle of night with a mild hot flash.  I hate that it makes me heart race.  I'm finally feeling like I can teach a full load of students again.  Clomid killed my EWCM and ovulation came a few days early.  DH and I have decided not to go the medical route with TTC.  It was too much for my body.  I appreciate my mental sanity too much.

GTKY - my fav is figure skating
  • Options
    @coco2787 @dpjennifer thanks. People suck sometimes...
    @vlagrl29 this is month 14. Insurance covers everything after 12 months. So I'm not sure what the big hang up with the dr is. I guess he thinks (or hopes?) *tw* that since I've had 2 successful pregnancies and have been able to get pregnant since then (2 mcs, the last 1 in september) that likely they won't find anything in the testing. But i don't see the harm in checking. I'm going to give it the rest of this cycle and next cycle and then see where we're at. Hosting that baby reveal made me realize how much i do want this but this is so hard. Or at last this week it feels especially hard. 
    @Mack2342 thanks for the info. I guess we'll try EOD for a couple months and see how it goes.
  • Options
    @kath525 - sorry you had to deal with that baby reveal as well.  It is hard - this journey has been far from easy on me and I think taking a break as well will be a good move for me.  I am kinda done with all the effort I've put in.  I've done my absolute best to make it happen and now i just want to live.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 whatever you decide i wish you the best. I can totally understand those feelings. Like you said it's important to keep living our lives and not lose ourselves in this, which i think can be easy to do.
  • Options
    1. Not new
    2. Second m/c in November, my first baby would have been born last week. DH and I are still trying and hoping.
    3. First baby was due February 9, so took a vacation to distract myself from depression during what I knew was going to be a bad week. Had an amazing time, I love Arizona so much. You can't be nearly as miserable when you're nice and warm and not wearing pants or socks or winter boots. Now that I'm back, its kind of hit me anyway. I should have a baby in my arms this week, I should be struggling with all that new mom stuff like trying to figure out how to put on a diaper (never done it before) and how to function while insanely tired. Instead I'm at work trying to catch up on rushes that no one bothered to do while I was away. Kind of sucks. Decided I'm going to talk to my doctor as soon as I get pregnant again and put me on lighter duties, because I think high stress and working through my lunch break probably wasn't helping anything.
    4. Favourite Olympic Sport is Hockey (go Canada!) and Snowboarding Half Pipe. Loved the games yesterday, laughed at the near brawl at the end of the game.
  • Options
    question for anyone that has taken clomid?  I've had these weird headaches the last 3 days.  Not painful.  I would describe it as fuzzy.  IDK if that makes sense.  It's not a headache more like a fog I guess. lol.
  • Options
    Sorry, I never checked in here ladies, things have been pretty crazy with work this week. I am rooting for everyone!

@vlagrl29 I associate the fuzziness/fog you've described not with Clomid but with a rise in progesterone in the LP. I noticed brain fogginess the first time I was pregnant - and I think it was due to higher progesterone as opposed to hCG as my hCG was never above about 3,600. I suspect most early pregnancy symptoms are progesterone related after being on progesterone suppositories and not being pregnant. Then again, perhaps you are pregnant!
  • Options
    @zamora_spin thanks but I'm not. AF came a week early. But that does make sense because maybe my prog is higher due to clomid. Thought it could also be due to the Ativan I take once a night in a small dose due to the increased anxiety I had this month.