June 2018 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion Thursday (2/15)

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday (2/15)

• Options
    The Olympics are dumb. Not necessarily the sports themselves, but the concept of the Olympics and country affiliation mattering is dumb. It bankrupts the cities it's held in every time. It is bizarre. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I think the concept of having a different host city for every games is ridiculous. The time and money spent on building the infrastructure to host all the events for just a few months that will inevitably go unused after that. I think there should be a handful of places that they rotate between. I do like the sports though and critiquing things like I know what I'm talking about. Also MH does curling every Sunday night and its funny to see people that never care about the sport get all exited about it. 

AFM...feeling the baby moves freaks me out and sometimes gets annoying. I was so anxious to get to feel the movements and I know if I wasn't feeling any I would be really concerned but it's weird and I'm not sure I enjoy it. They did a flip last night while I was trying to fall asleep and it startled me so much I jumped and I could feel them slithering up my whole abdomen. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krashke sometimes when she's kicking too much it starts to feel like that feeling when you've had the hiccups too long? And you're just waiting like ....is it over? Have we finished? Oh nope, it's back. etc. Sometimes it's fun, but sometimes it's annoying AF, especially when she gets in a rhythm on my cervix. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 it kind of makes me feel motion sick sometimes but like motion sick from the inside. But MH was able to feel the kicks for the first time last night while we were watching a movie so that was kind of fun but I even asked him if he like feeling it and he said it was weird too. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey I'm with you there. I never really thought I would enjoy it. If you would have asked me when I was 16 I would have told you I'm never getting pregnant. I haven't had a difficult pregnancy. No morning sickness or complications but I just don't feel like myself. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Haha!  Maybe you'll end up like the Duggars ;)  And i think a lot of my hatred does come from my bad experiences with DD. This one is definitely tamer, but I still hate what it does to my body, emotions, stress, and soul.  So i guess i selfishly hate it hahaha 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited February 2018
    @sunshineandwhiskey hey man, you're allowed to hate it 100%. I always thought it would feel like I was stuck on a roller coaster ride approaching the top, and that I'd want to get off, but I wouldn't be allowed to -- do you know that feeling I'm talking about? I thought it would feel confining, and I'm a really unemotional person typically so I thought I would turn into this hormonal, emotional mess and that would be awful. And I thought that because pregnancy seems to typically be like that for most women, it just isn't for me. So I definitely would hate it if it changed my life really at all. I just somehow ended up with like zero symptoms (I'm not even more emotional), so I can't really complain. AND PLEASE NO DUGGARS! Oh my god. I would have to be sober so long to have that many kids! 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 not to rain on your parade, but I think every pregnancy gets harder. My first was a breeze, my second was hard and this one is also hard. I've heard this from other people too, so it's not just me. 
    If all my pregnancies were like my first, I'd have 6 kids lol
  • Options
    @May14th2011 perhaps there is still hope for me being able to complain to DH about pregnancy then! lol ;)
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I didn't mind pregnancy with DS (this one was harder, which is common).  It was the first 4 months.  I'm already starting to freak myself out about the sleep deprivation.  I was almost one and done as a result of the newborn months.
  • Options
    @marcus7676 yes I am imagining that the newborn phase will be the worst time of my life. And if by some miracle I end up with a kid who sleeps and eats like a champ, I'll know it's because I'm lucky, not because I'm a rockstar parent lol. 
  • Options
    @izza2 FFTC...I agree with most of the points for not circumcising and if it were only up to me I probably wouldn't do it but MH wants to so if we have a boy we will circumcise him. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @izza2 @krashke honestly, the best part about DH being Jewish and half my family being Jewish is that we don't ever have to have the circumcision discussion. If we ever have boys, they're getting cut (but, uh, by a doctor, not by a rabbi). 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 I'm freaking out too! I just texted DH this morning about how nervous I am to go through the sleepless newborn stage again. I'm more prepared for what's about to happen with labor and breastfeeding and not sleeping because I lived through it as a single parent with DD but now I have a fully committed partner, stable employment, paid leave, good healthcare. I'm in a much, much better place than I was when I had DD but feel so much more nervous about what's to come than I did with her! Maybe this post is more for the mental health check-in but this feeling has been creeping in for the last week or so. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I agree...I don't like the Olympics. Everything you said aside, I hate how it consumes a month of TV coverage. It even takes over Bravo sometimes, which I find so annoying. Also, the Today Show is painfully boring when all they do is talk about the athletes...blah blah blah. Also, none of the sports in the Olympics (winter particularly interest me).

@krashke The babies moving totally freaks me out. I think I've only just started feeling them and not gas. Last night it felt like one was rubbing its head or butt on me and it was almost ticklish. Don't love it.

@sunshineandwhiskey I kind of love being pregnant. I know I'm lucky or maybe it is because I'm just a FTM, but MS was minimal, I'm still doing all the activities I love to do. The most effed up reason I like it is that I have a socially acceptable reason not to drink. I think being sober has made me a better person and probably better wife. But I live in such a drinking-focused world/social circle that it was impossible for me to stop drinking without this excuse. I joke that I'm just going to keep getting pregnant and become the east coast liberal version of the Duggars. I tell MH someone has to counter-balance that family!

@izza2 Samsies. I think if it were up to just me, I wouldn't do it, but MH is adamant that if they are boys, they're getting circumcised. He has very strong feelings, which I won't share here, but I absolutely will not fight him on this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 There is actually a growing Jewish movement against circumcision. Not trying to argue for or against - just throwing it out there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @silvergreen haha not in this family there isn't 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Lol, fair enough!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My UO regarding baby sleep: I would rather get up 1 or 2 times in the night and sleep in a little later in the morning  (if the baby settles quickly...being up for hours is another story). DS is sleeping through the night, but wakes up around 5am every morning. Occasionally he will wake in the night, then give me another 30-60 minutes in the AM and it feels like a total win. Might be a "grass is greener" thing though and I'd complain if we were getting up every night  :D

• Options
    @katelynrae86 same- I have an easier time waking up and functioning with DD during the night than I do at say 6 or 7 AM. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @izza2 I'm with you. It's never even been a question for us not to circumcise. I think with ds it went 'we're circumcising?' 'Yup' 'ok'. And we haven't even discussed it with this one, it'll just happen.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 - I am with you there... until the option to sleep in is gone when I have to return to work.  Then there's no way to "catch up"

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018