October 2018 Moms

Team green, pink, or blue?!

2»

Re: Team green, pink, or blue?!

• We tried to be team green with our first and gave in, but didn’t tell anyone. Now I truly want to be team green this time around.
  • Muggle loverMuggle lover member
    edited February 2018
    Team green again. 
    Loved the excitement of waiting and my husband loved going to the waiting room to announce what we had! 
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would love to be team green, but I don't think I have the will power. @koala1107 - my old boss and his wife disagreed on finding out or not. She didn't want to know and he did. So he found out and was able to keep it a secret until the birth with both of their kids. It's possible!
  • Team green! We were team green for our son and it was super fun so we'll definitely be doing it again!
  • We're team green! We found out with our son because it was my first and I was just too excited not to.
  • I could never be team green. DH and I both want to find out as soon as we can. I don’t know how you guys make it with not knowing!! 
  • @sparklingwhit - My MIL also wants a granddaughter in the worst way. We are going to find out, but we're telling everyone IRL we are team green, including my MIL.  :D
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I already have a DD and a DS, but I have no patience so we will definitely find out :).
  • DH wants to find out. I want to be team green, since this is most likely our last (I have a D15) I want the surprise. 
  • @missmaehurt - we are thinking of doing something similar. We really want to find out, but think it would be fun if we told everyone we were team green and kept it a secret! 
  • Definitely going to find out!
  • Lol @koala1107 !  I want to know, but DH doesn't. I know there is ZERO chance I'd be able to find out and keep it from him, so I'm just gonna wait it out on team green, it's something he cares about a lot more strongly than I so it's an easy give.  Plus even if I did know I wouldn't tell others bc I don't want a whole bunch of gendered stuff, not my style plus not financially practical either (this is my first of hopefully at least 2, and NYC babies ain't cheap, am I right @estellegetty ?)
    Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • We’ll find out. I kind of feel like a terrible person this go around because I actually want another boy. Not that I wouldn’t be happy with a girl, I just actually have a preference. Last time I could have cared less. I think it’s just because we have a boy that another boy just seems right. 
  • @tinattt23 Last time I really wanted a girl and we had a boy. But I love being a boy Mom and really want another one. I mean I would be fine with a girl too. I really just want a healthy baby, but it would be nice for DS to have a brother.
  • We are team green! I had to find out ASAP with DD but since it took us over 2 years to conceive this one we figure it can't hurt to wait another 9 months to find out.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• I never thought I would be team green because I'm not the most patient person. But I am going to be team green! This is our 3rd child, we have 2 girls.
  • I NEED to know.  I'd love to wait, but I just cant haha it may or may not be the only reason I'm agreeing to genetic testing this time.  :D
  • I have two boys and I want to find out but at the same time I don't want other to be disappointed when they hear its "another boy".  But I don't want them to be disappointed when they hold the new baby either - maybe let them be disappointed way before and they get it out of their system before baby arrives.  Then they have a new baby to cuddle and love on regardless!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Definitely going to find out :D I have a 2yr old daughter, so it will be my second and my bfs 1st. I'm hoping for team pink and he's wanting blue. We will be excited regardless, can't wait!
  • We are team green! This is our first and we don’t have a preference! Just hoping for a healthy happy baby! Also don’t want people to give us things based on their perception of gender. Green all the way! 
  • We found out bc hubby and I have a terrible time agreeing on names. I was about 8 months pregnant with DD before we agreed. If it had been a boy I thought I would have to wait until DH was asleep and fill out the birth certificate on my own. We could. not. agree. on boys' names.

So, yeah, we'll definitely be finding out again.
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• We’re leaning team green just to drive MIL nuts. She desperately wants a granddaughter and right now she has 3 grandsons but SIL and I are both KU again. I don’t care if it’s a boy or girl at all but to make her wait to find out would be awesome. Now to get SIL on board. 
    BETTER IDEA. Find out, but tell her you’re keeping it a secret until the birth. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We’re leaning team green just to drive MIL nuts. She desperately wants a granddaughter and right now she has 3 grandsons but SIL and I are both KU again. I don’t care if it’s a boy or girl at all but to make her wait to find out would be awesome. Now to get SIL on board. 
    BETTER IDEA. Find out, but tell her you’re keeping it a secret until the birth. 
    Lol a friend of mine is doing that. She’s so pissed at someone for spilling the beans that she’s keepin it to herself. 
  • Team green! We were team green last time too and I loved it! H doesn't care either way
  • Team green! We found out with DS and DD, and H agreed when I was still pregnant with DD that since we were going to have one of each if we ever had a third we'd keep it a surprise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker