October 2018 Moms

First week of Oct (1-7) check in! 2/15

When are you due?

How are you feeling?

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?

Any questions or concerns?

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where?
BabyFruit Ticker  

Re: First week of Oct (1-7) check in! 2/15

• When are you due? Oct 5

How are you feeling? exhausted, barfy on and off, not into food, moody

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Today!!!  I can't wait but part of me is so nervous

Any questions or concerns? Nope

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where?  Nothing planned.  *TW* we went to Scotland in Dec between our loss and this pregnancy so that will probably be it for us.  It was a very much needed trip! *end TW*
  • When are you due? Oct 5

How are you feeling? exhausted, barfy on and off, not into food, moody (I will just steal this because, yeah...)

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? March 20. (nurse only informational appt on Feb 22, but not really counting that)

Any questions or concerns? Nope

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where?  No...but making sure that with four at home and this one on the way that we plan regular time for the two of us. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • beckywdcbeckywdc member
    edited February 2018
    When are you due? October 4th

How are you feeling? So far ok. Tired. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? We had one on Tuesday and will have another 1 March. 

Any questions or concerns? Not yet. But I changed my username but can’t figure out how to post with it!

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where?  Nothing planned yet. This baby is an IVF baby and has been about 2.5 years in the making. After my 8 week ultrasound I will graduate to seeing an OB. I don’t even know when babymoons are supposed to be!
  • When are you due? Oct 4 based on LMP

How are you feeling? Sick. Really sick. I never had morning sickness with my other pregnancies but dang, this baby is making me so nauseous. I actually just called my OB and I am starting a prescription to try to help. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Feb 26

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Nah- this is baby 3, child 4 for us. We do have a family vacation planned for July though 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • When are you due? Oct 7th 

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. After my u/s yesterday I have been feeling a little off but I am guessing things just got squished and pushed around so it just needs to relax. Lol

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Next appointment is the 26th and she should get to hear the heartbeat! 

Any questions or concerns? Thought I would tear up when I saw baby on the u/s as well as the blinking heart but I didn't. I was smiling like an idiot but DH didn't tear up either or not that I caught ;) 

Probably going to do a little trip, maybe to Texas. 
  • I’m due 10/7.  We had an ultrasound Monday at 6 w1d and saw a heartbeat, so that’s exciting.  I’ve had 5 consecutive losses though so I won’t be able to relax or really feel connected for a while.  I’m on meds this time that I hope will work.  We’ll go for another scan next week, and the frequent checks are helping my anxiety.  
    We don’t have a babymoon planned but will be taking some family vacations this summer with our 3 kids, and I’m looking forward to that.
  • When are you due? October 1st.

How are you feeling? Meh. Taking a flight to Atlanta today, so that should be interesting.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? February 21, I can hardly wait!

Any questions or concerns? Not at the moment!

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? This is a great question. I was thinking maybe we could rent a cabin or lakehouse in Upstate NY (we live in WNY) some time in the early summer, but haven't nailed anything down yet. Suggestions?
  • When are you due?
    10/1

How are you feeling?
    Tired and hungry all the time

Nurse visit 2/28

Any tips on not waking up starving in the middle of 
    the night and having to eat a snack? I have a snack before bed and last night I still got up twice to eat :( I can't sleep cause I'm sooo hungry then I get up extra early to eat again.

Hadn't thought of this but depends on finances.
  • @nayyohme I have heard to help with morning sickness to eat a snack of you get up in the middle of the night. So I would just keep snacks by your bedside and enjoy! :) make sure you are eating things with fat and protein (if you can stomach it) those should help you stay fuller longer and my thought is if you are hungry, eat! Sounds like your body needs it!
  • When are you due? October 2

How are you feeling? Not bad overall. Tired and I'll get nauseous if I let my stomach get too empty.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I had an appt on Monday with a surprise ultrasound. The midwife found the gestational sac but couldn't see baby, so I'm going to another office tomorrow morning to get an ultrasound on the "real" machine instead of the portable one. I'm nervous and I'm definitely going to be a mess tonight and tomorrow, but I am trying to be hopeful. 

Any questions or concerns? Just would appreciate good vibes tomorrow morning!

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Before I got pregnant, we talked about taking a short beach vacation in early summer, and we will probably still do that. I suppose I can count that as a babymoon! 

• @diaphena Good luck tomorrow!
  • When are you due? 10/2

How are you feeling? Eh.  Super tired and a bit nauseous. My stomach seems to have a constant ache. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? 2/20

Any questions or concerns? Nope

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Nope.  Nothing official.  We already have a kid so we're doing a long weekend for spring break and a camping weekend in June.  I don't think those count :)
  • @diaphena did they do an abdominal or trans vaginal u/s? Praying your appointment goes well!!
  • When are you due? 10/5-10/7 (Depending on if based on retrieval or transfer - IVF)

How are you feeling? OK.. the only thing that sounds appetizing is sugar. Super tired.. (Or is that how I normally feel?) Still experiencing slight pains in ovaries from retrieval. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? 8 week us next week, then transferred to ob (from re)

Any questions or concerns? I am on progesterone - every time I feel "fine" I find myself wondering if baby is still there. Then I worry about my worrying... It is a never ending cycle. This will be a long stretch to week 12!

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? I don't know... When is this safe to do?
    Midwest Momma to be + Dog Mom to Riley, Beagle/Boxer/Snarfer
    Baby Blob due Oct 7!
    PAIF 2+ years!
  • @SweetSweetTooth Thank you! She started with abdominal which of course showed nothing haha, then switched to transvaginal. The one tomorrow will be transvaginal too and I'm hoping the higher resolution helps out.
  • When are you due?  October 2

How are you feeling? Tired.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?  My first appointment is February 23.

Not a babymoon but we'd like to do a little getaway just the 3 of us beforehand. ( SO, DS 16 months and myself)
  • Gizmo1231 said:
    When are you due? 10/3

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Tired and some waves of nausea but nothing to really complain about 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? 2/26 - seems so far!

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Well we had this planned before the pregnancy so I’m not sure if it’s really a baby moon but we are going to New Zealand for 2 weeks in 2 weeks. It will be a pretty outdoorsy/on your feet trip with lots of hiking and activity so I’m hoping my body can keep up!

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @diaphena FX for you tomorrow!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • When are you due? 10/4

How are you feeling? Tired and nauseous. The vomiting strikes out of nowhere and there’s been a few close calls in public. Hope I don’t barf in a grocery store like last time. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I had a second ultrasound on Wednesday. Was an abdominal that surprisingly showed everything. Baby is growing appropriately and officially called viable and I’m back to the regular OB track!

Any questions or concerns? I’ve been slacking on my mom duties to my two year old lately, so dealing with some guilt. I just don’t have the energy to chase and play these days. 

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Not a babymoon, but have a few trips planned next summer if things go well. Have a family trip to Belize that we bought travel insurance for, will see if that happens or not. 
  • When are you due? 10/2 based on LMP

How are you feeling? Awful...lots of nausea and losing my dinner almost every night. Tired, exhausted by 8pm. Still some periods of chills, but getting better. The occasional headache. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? 2/20

Any questions or concerns? Just waiting til my first appointment, hopefully it will ease my anxiety (probably not). 

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? No, this is #2, so that would be too complicated. We didn’t for number 1 either though.
  • @SweetSweetTooth I find that trans vaginal U/S irritate my pelvic floor muscles and I’m always a little uncomfortable for the next few days.
  • When are you due?: 10/1
    How are you feeling?: Tired and crabby
    Next appointment?: Next Friday is an ultrasound/viability check given spotting last week.
    GTKY: Nope, this is child 3 for us. We are traveling to DC in August though for a wedding.
  • @diaphena so wonderful to hear that!
  • Due date: October 4th

How am I feeling?: Like a hot mess! My first prrgnancy I was tired that's pretty much it for the 1st trimester. This time around, I have had almost constant nausea, headaches off and on, more intense cramping (no bleeding), major dizzy spells, and now even heartburn all night already! 

Next appointment: Tuesday, Feb 20th to see the OB. I had an ultrasound this past Wednesday (because of the cramping) and saw my little blob with a heartbeat
  • When are you due? 10/7

How are you feeling? Bloated, nauseous, crabby and tired

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? March 1st!!!

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Nope... maybe some camping with our daughter this summer in state but that's it
  • @diaphena congrats!! what did they measure the baby as? Like how far on are they saying you are? 
  • @SweetSweetTooth Baby measured 5 weeks 5 days. I'm 7 weeks along based on LMP or possibly 7 weeks 3 days based on when I think I ovulated. So definitely on the small side right now, which I was told not to worry about, so I'm trying not to.
  • @diaphena I had heard they all start out the same the first 8 weeks or so. That is why they do dating u/s early before they start going their own ways :) guessing you ovulated later unless you were temping and tracking that way. Agreed! I wouldn't worry! :) though we will always worry now, right?! 
  • When are you due? 10/1

How are you feeling? Gross. All day gross. Not actually vomiting but gaggy all day. Must eat small things all day otherwise get more nauseous. Grumpy, tired, bloated... it all sucks

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First appt is set for Feb 27 and I will have an ultrasound. Pretty excited. DH will come with me to this one. 

Any questions or concerns? Just wanna make sure there's only 1 in there lol Same concern as last time. Give me all the kids but twins kinda freaks me out. 

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? I was thinking that maybe DH and I can take DD to the beach in May. My boss has a beach house we usually go to every year in October but we haven't ever taken little. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• When are you due? 10/3

How are you feeling? Fine, except for this head cold. Luckily it hit the day before a long weekend, I guess? 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First u/s was Wednesday! Measuring right on track :) next is 3/1 with the midwife group, unless I choose to keep the one on 2/27 with my RE. Not sure it’s needed 2 days apart, though. 

Any questions or concerns? Does it really take longer to get over colds now? This one feels like a doozy. 

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? Not sure, but I hope so! 
  • When are you due? 10/6

How are you feeling? Morning sickness has reared its ugly head, so lemon water has become my new best friend. I'm also extremely fatigued.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? My first ultrasound is on 2/22 and my next appt with the OB is on 3/2.

Any questions or concerns? Just patiently waiting to see that little heartbeat on the ultrasound on 2/22.

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? We will be taking our normal family vacation to OCNJ this summer. I'm happy because this time I won't be 8 months pregnant during it.

• When are you due?
    10/1

How are you feeling? 
    Overall nauseous with food aversions- specifically chicken, ick. A little better this morning so far.

2/22, so this thurs.

No, just nervously awaiting first US appt.

GTKY: are you taking a babymoon? If so, where? 
    Probably not a big destination trip, more likely local adventures.
  • When are you due?

10/3

How are you feeling?

Pretty awesome.  I’m not having any symptoms at the moment other than having inexplicably turned into a picky eater. 

Next appointment is at 12w, March 23. Ultrasound is at 20w. 

Nope. I’m just trying to get started figuring out day care and some legal things.  /TW - discussions of death & mental health/ One of my friends briefly wondered if he should be directing me to the suicide hotline when I informed him that it was weird that I am simultaneously planning to give birth and die. I had to clarify that I have to figure out a guardian for the baby if something happens to me, and set up a trust to take care of them. 

Not really a babymoon, but me & my bug spray are currently on a girls’ weekend with my Mom and SIL in Cancun. 
  • @knottieamusements Omg I hope your bug spray does what it is supposed do! Did you get your BFP before leaving? How did you  ake your decision to go with Zika there? I canceled an all expense paid trip (not by us - no money back or a different trip :'( ) this year because of Zika and our pregnancy. 
  • @knottieamusements Omg I hope your bug spray does what it is supposed do! Did you get your BFP before leaving? How did you  ake your decision to go with Zika there? I canceled an all expense paid trip (not by us - no money back or a different trip :'( ) this year because of Zika and our pregnancy. 
    Yes, I did know I was pregnant before I left. I did a lot of reading about it, looked at the statistics, talked to my doctor, etc. My doctor advised against it, but didn’t lecture me about it; she just made sure I was planning to take bug spray. 

The incidence of Zika has dropped off significantly in the last two years, and the winter months had the lowest rate to begin with. Honestly, the whole trip, I was more worried about food poisoning than zika. I haven’t seen a single mosquito (nor have my Mom or SIL, who skipped the bug spray).  
  • @SweetSweetTooth  we did the same thing with our Mexico trip the moment we saw the BFP. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • *lurking*
    @knottieamusements - We still went on our honeymoon to Punta Cana in November knowing we were going to start trying shortly after getting back. I also looked closely at the CDC websites to confirm that Zika isn't as prevalent as it was in 2015. I hope you're having a fun time!
  • @kimberbeep - we had a lovely time, and I definitely wasn’t the only expectant mom there.  The irony is that I broke out in a rash this morning (totally expected as I have a UV sensitivity) and freaked out.  At least I’m back home so I can freak out on my OB’s office. :)
  • @olivemama - NZ is the best! It is such an amazing country. The people are nice, the hiking is fun, and the outdoor adventures and breathtaking natural wonders are amazing!