December 2017 Moms
Options

ROLL CALL!

Hey all! 
 I'm kind of sad that this board has been all but deserted! 
I keep checking in and if there's nothing new I don't comment, but if there was new stuff I would! 
I know there are probably others like me out there, just waiting for someone to get things going again now that the majority of us have had our babies and have started to settle in. 
So let me know if you're still here!

When was baby born? How many weeks pregnant were you? 

What has been your biggest challenge of this new baby? 

What has been your biggest joy?

How is your family adjusting? (Spouse/other children/parents)

GTKY: what was your favorite Christmas gift you received this year?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: ROLL CALL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @breezybee We are going through/feeling the exact same things! That is the SOML right now. Twins are definitely hard, but OMG the love I have for them is unbelievable. 
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited January 2018
    Wow, I feel bad this was posted 4 days ago - I think this is the longest I’ve gone without checking the board!

Water broke at 40+0, he was born on 12/9 at 40+2

Sleep deprivation. I had absolutely no idea it would be this bad. No idea. All of my breakdowns have been about exhaustion. I’ve been good about cherishing this time and not wishing he were older, but I’m so looking forward to more structured routines and getting more sleep. 
    ETA A close second would be the weather. On days where I’ve actually felt rested enough to go out for walks, which I am desperate to do to give us a change of scenery, it’s been way too cold. 

Well he’s a big snuggle bug and loves being on me better than basically anywhere else. We still haven’t hit social smiles or anything like that, so this is what feels like love for mommy right now. He laughs in his sleep, which is pretty dang cute, and when he’s just kind of staring at me quietly and studying my face - that’s pretty great. 

H was incredibly helpful in the first few weeks home and then it was like he tapered down to doing the bare minimum. He went back to work yesterday after a month off so I think this transition is going to be hard on all of us. 

H got me one of those Tile keychains, which I had mentioned needing a ton of times before, because I’m always misplacing my keys in the house. 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Yeah @clovelyone. At this point, it’s about survival and just making it through each day lol. This mom stuff is so so so so soooooooo hard, especially running on no sleep!  I never thought I could function on only 3 hours of broken up sleep a night, but I now know I can!
    Hang in there everyone. Every day we get closer to them being able to sleep through the night. Geez, I feel like once hat happens, I’ll be able to take on anything. 
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I went sort of MIA the last couple of months, but I’m back and lurking. 

12/9 at 40 and 6 days. 

Coming to terms with my delivery. Things did not go as planned. I got chorioamnionitis after being in labor for 30 hours and her never descending leading to an emergent c section, and baby girl being on antiobiotics for the first couple days of her life. Everyone is fine now, but I took it really hard initially. I was also completely ill prepared for what a csection recovery would be like so that has been tough too. My milk supply hasn’t been great, we had to utilize a nipple shield and for the first three weeks really struggled to put on weight. We had many weight checks and lactation appointments, but finally she’s gaining super well. I’m having to pump mostly during the day and supplement with formula to ensure she gets an adequate volume daily. 

I’ll agree with @whiska that I was also not prepared for the level of sleep deprivation. I work night shift frequently and thought I could easily handle being up all night and running on minimum sleep, but it has been very rough but DH has been a saint with all his help. 

We are starting to get some social smiles I think and they just melt my heart. All the snuggles. 

DH has been so patient and helpful. He wants to do everything and it’s so nice when he’s home to help out. Our doggies are feeling a bit neglected. I’m trying to snuggle with them when DD sleeps bc it’s been such a hard transition for them. 

I bought myself an instant pot to help with quick dinners. I haven’t had time to even open it but I’m excited to try it out. Maybe this weekend. 

• Options
    @Tennis11785 Thanks! I'm glad my baby girl is growing (3 lbs 14 oz at birth and now 6 lbs 4 oz at 7.5 weeks), but I miss doing skin to skin with her in the NICU. She was so tiny and I just loved the fact that she would calm right down and seemed to love it. I still do skin to skin sometimes, but it's rare. 
  • Options
    hen was baby born? How many weeks pregnant were you? 
    November 29th at 39 weeks
    I have a lot of anxiety and depression, I am really struggling with the idea of going back to work. I hate the idea of missing even a moment. Working my butt of just to let someone else snuggle and care for my son. 
    Snuggling in bed with my husband, my son, and my dog. Seeing Victor smile at his daddy. Milk drunk baby face.
    Great! My teenage step daughter loves him she makes sure to snuggle him for a while every day. DH is loving every minute, he was really young when he had his first 2 and didn’t get to enjoy their baby days. Byron my beloved bull terrier is a great big brother but gets a little jealous when somebody he is used to visits and fusses over baby before greeting him. 
    DH was not supposed to get me anything but he came home a few days after Christmas with a beautiful entertainment center with built in faux fireplace/heater that looks super nice and makes my living room nice and toasty for me and the little guy.
  • Options
    When was baby born? How many weeks pregnant were you? December 6, 39 + 5 (started induction the evening of 12/3!)

What has been your biggest challenge of this new baby? Originally I would have said breastfeeding. LO has a super strong latch and was killing my nipples (cracked, bleeding), after working with several IBCLCs with no luck, I tried a nipple shield and life changed!! 

Now I would say the 5-9pm colic is the worst. He’s such a sweet, smiling, and easy baby during the day....but since 5.5 weeks he’s been a terror right when DH gets home. I know this will pass though 

What has been your biggest joy? LO has been smiling and laughing since day one and I just can’t get enough of his “talking” to us. 

How is your family adjusting? (Spouse/other children/parents) really well, not much to adjust to since it was just the two of us before. We were worried about our cat misbehaving but he’s actually been better since the baby arrived!

GTKY: what was your favorite Christmas gift you received this year? we didn’t do gifts, too busy with a 2 week old! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just checking in!  Hi all!

When was baby born? How many weeks pregnant were you?   12/12,  I was just shy a couple days of 40 weeks.

What has been your biggest challenge of this new baby?   going back to work... :(

What has been your biggest joy?  Seeing him and his big sister interact.

How is your family adjusting? (Spouse/other children/parents)  Everyone did really well and lasted through the holidays alright.  It was like when we came home from the hospital everything was the same (except there was an extra baby in the house).  We got back into our groove pretty easily!

GTKY: what was your favorite Christmas gift you received this year?  We don't really do gifts for adults, but we enjoyed watching our daughter open her presents.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.