October 2018 Moms

3rd Week of October (15-21) DD Check-In

There seems to be more of us now, so our turn! 

When are you due?

How are you feeling?

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?

Any questions or concerns?

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? 

Re: 3rd Week of October (15-21) DD Check-In

• When are you due?  October 16

How are you feeling?  Generally, pretty good. Exhausted, but not sure if that's due to pregnancy or the toddler that's already vacated the womb. Probably both. The past two mornings were iffy (yay diarrhea!) but today has been fine. I usually get nauseated in the evenings, so I'm waiting for that to kick in. I have mild bloating too. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?  February 27, seems so late! And it's just an initial consult appointment, so no ultrasound yet. 

Any questions or concerns?  Can the next few weeks go by a little faster? 

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why?  My default is always Europe, because I love it there, especially Germany. We had such a warm winter here in CA, so I want cold and snow and German food. 
  • Yay! I go here!

When are you due? Oct 18th per online calculators, but I'm pretty confident I know my dates.

How are you feeling? Basically fine. Boobs are only slightly sore, nausea has been minimal. My hair has gotten greasy, and I'm more and more thirsty. But overall it's not so bad yet.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First appointment is March 21st which seems sooooo far away. It'll be with a new dr. and I was told they would be doing an ultrasound.

Any questions or concerns? Nope

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? Probably Hawaii or New Zealand. Places I want to go that are expense and will only be more expense once there's 3 of us!
  • Loading the player...
  • When are you due? 10/15

How are you feeling? Just tired

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Our first appt and ultrasound is on 2/26 at 7 weeks 

Any questions or concerns? Nope just want to make it through these next 1.5 weeks! 

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? - I would go to London! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• When are you due? 10/15 (I think)

How are you feeling? Ok! No longer as tired as I was last week, though I'm still falling asleep quickly (which is unusual for me.) Nipples are sore to the touch, which sucks because my 10 lb dog loves to keep jumping on me and using me as a ladder to the top of the sofa, so that hurts. Digestive system is a little off.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Mar 1

Any questions or concerns? Nope, but echo the sentiments on wanting to get to that first appointment!

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why?  Going to Hawaii in three weeks, so that's pretty much where my mind went immediately!

• When are you due? 10/20 according to my dr, but I think it may actually be two days earlier. 

How are you feeling?  Pretty good actually, just super tired all the time. It’s been sooo hard getting myself out of bed in the morning this week, and I’ve been falling asleep on the couch watching tv at like 8:30. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First ultrasound and appt with my RE on March 1!! (Only two weeks and a day away, not that I’m counting...)

Any questions or concerns? Not really! 

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why?  Hawaii has always been on my top list of places to go, and I’m so excited because we’re taking a trip there in April!! 
  • When are you due? 10/17, but i will totally pad that date from here on out because those week of due date calls get realllllllll annoying.

How are you feeling? ok.  I feel very pukey in my car, which sucks because i commute for work.  

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? A week from today, but its just the initial appointment, so i feel like nothing will happen other then being told to take my vitamin.  

Any questions or concerns? All the concerns.

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? I would love to visit BC or Scotland.  We are going for a super quick trip to visit friends in Mexico next month, so that will have to do.    
  • quiltandknitquiltandknit member
    edited February 2018
    When are you due? 10/17 by the online calculators

How are you feeling? Pretty good, all things considered. Some days my nausea is worse than others and most of the time I have no appetite. Sore boobs, light cramping and bloated feeling but I don’t look any different!

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I went for a confirmation appointment today which really helped decrease my fears. First ultrasound at around 7 weeks on March 1! So ridiculously excited to see this bean and hear its little heart beating!

Any questions or concerns? *TW mention of loss* I had a CP at 5 weeks 1 day last time which would be tomorrow. But with the symptoms I’m having I feel more relaxed and confident about this one. *end TW* Staying positive and saying lots of prayers! 

Random question for the group:  What are your tricks for disguising your avoidance of alcohol? We have a number of celebrations coming up in the next week or two where it will be obvious that I am not drinking. I have thought about saying I gave up alcohol for Lent, switching glasses of wine with my husband, asking the bartender for club soda with lime...but I’m a terrible liar so I’m hoping no one asks!  We are hoping not to tell anyone until Easter (11 weeks) for a fun surprise!

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? 
    Somewhere tropical where it’s warm and I can lay on the beach with a book and a (virgin) pina colada!
  • @quiltandknit I do a couple of things, depending on the environment.
    We have one friend who always peer pressures lots of drinking, so I told him extra early. He shoved a glass of wine in my hand to avoid suspicion amongst the rest of the party goers, and I just held it in my hand all night. No one really noticed I wasn't getting refilled.
    If there's a red solo cup option, fill with seltzer or a soft drink and a lime! Of course there's alcohol in there ;) I also do seltzer/soda swap with the bartender and make sure that I keep ordering from the same guy or gal.
    Otherwise, saying you're trying to lose a few lbs or giving it up for Lent always works if you can keep a straight face! If this does come up, just focus on switching the conversation w/ a question to them immediately after you answer.
  • @quiltandknit - Can you be the DD for your husband? New Years Eve was right around the time I could have been pregnant, so to be safe I just didn't drink. Our plan was to just say that I was DD, but no one even noticed I didn't have a drink!! 
  • @quiltandknit I like the give it up for lent option but I am also a horrible liar.  My husband outed me at a superbowl party buy asking if I wanted one of my favorite drinks in front of some family and "forgetting" I couldn't have any. I tried to play it off since it was so early and just say that we are TTGP so I gave up drinking to be safe.
  • Yay excited for this to be open!

When are you due? October 17th based on the due date calculators

How are you feeling? Mentally I've been super anxious, even more so this time than my first pregnancy. Physically I am tired, dizzy at times, bloated and have sore boobs.  Last time I had horrible nausea and morning sickness the whole pregnancy but that has not shown up yet.. further contributing to my increased anxiety.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? March 7th is my 1st appointment and its an 8 week US to confirm pregnancy and then they will schedule my first prenatal appointment after that. 

Any questions or concerns? No questions just ready and anxious so see this baby and to make sure no fibroids have returned. I had surgery in June to remove them as they caused a lot of problems last pregnancy.

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? We are headed to Florida to visit family in a few weeks and I cant wait to be there.  Other than that I have always dreamed of a vacation to Hawaii.
  • @quiltandknit - my go to is that I'm on an antibiotic. That usually ends the conversation right there. I mean if anyone is nosy enough to publicly ask you what you're on an antibiotic for, then they don't deserve a response anyway!

me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • When are you due? Oct. 19 according to LMP, 18th according to conception date.

How are you feeling? Tired, but not quite as much as over this past weekend and last week. My boobs have doubled in size already (had to size up 2 cup sizes in bras), waves of mild nausea throughout the day... so yeah, pregnant! And my sleeping patterns are just all wackadoodle.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Nurse OB appt on March 19 and first U/S on March 22

Any questions or concerns? Nope!

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? I would go to Tulum, Mexico with DH as we have planned and paid for as my birthday present! HOWEVER... with Zika and all that nonsense, we are currently having to jump through hoops to try and get our already purchased vacation refunded.  :(  BUT! I would never ever risk anything happening to this tiny little poppyseed love baby!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • @chopchop25  I like the idea of holding onto a glass of wine.  I think that will work to throw off my in laws this weekend!  Thanks!

@kimberbeep  We are going to a wedding and I will definitely use the DD excuse!

@drb2424  Oh no!  YH outed you!  Did anyone catch on?

@mommy_myers   I like the antibiotic excuse!

Thank you ladies! I have lots of options…now to keep a straight face and not grin when I say any of these things!
  • When are you due? Oct 17th I think

How are you feeling? Mostly good. Get a little woozy everyone in a while. Sleepy. And TMI but my gag reflex is not so hot these days, I threw up trying to clean up cat vomit. 

March 12

I am off my lexapro for about five days now and getting really nervous about my anxiety and depression coming back (maybe the fact that I'm getting more nervous is a sign that it has started)

Anywhere warm, preferably a beach. 
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• When are you due? October 18

How are you feeling? Super nauseous. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? March 13!

Any questions or concerns? Nope

Somewhere warm. Anywhere warm. I'm perpetually freezing even in long sleeves, a hoodie, a coat, and carrying a blanket around everywhere. Save me from this weather. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • carlyamccarlyamc member
    edited February 2018
    Due Date: 10/13

Im feeling really good! Just the EXTREME exhaustion and lack of coffee/caffeine.

My first appointment is 2/27 & I cant wait!!
  • When are you due? October 13th

How are you feeling? Pretty good, tired and little nauseous.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? feb 26th

Any questions or concerns? nope

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? somewhere warm with a beach
  •  @quiltandknit oh yea my cousin saw him and yelled OMG you're pregnant so that was great... :# lol
  • When are you due? October 19th

How are you feeling? Not bad, a little nervous (see below)

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Confirmation appt was on Tuesday and ultrasound is scheduled for March 5th!

Any questions or concerns? My family is going on a trip to Disney World next week so while I'm super excited about it I'm also kinda nervous!  We haven't told anyone yet and were planning to wait until after the ultrasound but we'll be going with my parents so we'll probably have to spill the beans early...

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? the British Isles...I love history and Jane Austen so it would be awesome to visit all of the places I've read about!
  • When are you due? 
    Oct 19 based on online calculators and according to my dates that’s right on!

How are you feeling?
    Always exhausted, super bitchy, nauseous a lot! I even threw up on my favorite boots the other day when I made DH pull over so I could throw up. My boobs have gone up at least a whole size. I need to go bra shopping because I now only have 1 bra that mostly fits! I was a DD before getting PG so fingers crossed I can find one to fit lol

Hoping I can get in on Monday for a confirmation appointment. Will find out then hopefully. 

**TW  I had a CP a year and a half ago then 2 MC at 5ish wks a month apart in Nov/Dec so I’ve been nervous it would happen again. I’ve been having much stronger symptoms so I’m hoping that’s a good sign and am finally relaxing a little more.  End TW**

Hmmm... too many places I want to go. How to chose only one?!  I’d probably go with Australia. I’ve heard there’s some amazing scuba diving! 
  • @acdc1109 stinks to spill the beans if you didn't want to so early, but at least that is such a magical place to tell them!
  • @chopchop25 haha! That's a good point! I actually don't mind telling them early because I know they'll be super supportive no matter what. I just know that my mom will figure it out (she did last time too) so I'd rather just get it out now.  The trick will be keeping it from my brother because he can't keep a secret at all (slightly unrelated he has down syndrome and he was so excited when he became an uncle that I just don't trust him to keep this quiet).
  • I told my family i gave booze up for lent! Lol fairly believeable and buys me until Easter! :) congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When are you due? October 20

How are you feeling? A lot more nauseous this time around, but I also want to eat all the things.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First appointment is February 28th for medical history with the nurse, then March 13th for 8wk US with the MW.

Any questions or concerns? I had GD and pre-e the first time around, then delivered at 36+6 via emergency c-section. I’d really like to avoid all that drama if I could this time. That magnesium was no joke. I was so swollen last time too, so bad my ankles got stretch marks. I’d eat no salt for the next 9 months if I didn’t have to do that again.

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? Somewhere tropical where I could sleep on the beach all day. I’m really over Michigan winter.

• When are you due? October 20th

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet, but a bit more tired than usual. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound ? Phone consult on feb 26th, then first OB appointment March 20

Any questions /concerns? Last pregnancy, it didn't feel real until I got to hear the heartbeat ( and especially at my 20week ultrasound.) This time I'm even less sure with lack of symptoms. Hopefully I get an earlier ultrasound this time around!

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now,  where would you go and why? Machu Pichu in Peru.  I want to go before the littles run me ragged and I don't have the energy to hike there anymore .
  • CatWafflesCatWaffles member
    edited February 2018
    When are you due? October 18th, based on 5day transfer. That sounds SO weird to say.. I have a DUE DATE. OMGOSH lol

How are you feeling? Other than being tired all the time, I feel great! I almost wish I felt something else just to know things are moving along. I'm sure it'll all come in due time though

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First sonogram is Feb 26th. The wait is killer. First beta was the 8th at 9dp5dt and my number was 27, 2 days later it was 101 so I'm hoping that's good, even though the actual numbers were low.

Any questions or concerns? I worry because this is the first time in over 9 years TTC that I've ever had a positive test so I'm afraid it's not real and will disappear. I hope my lack of symptoms doesn't mean anything bad. 

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? I just want to sit on a warm beach and soak up the sun right now. 
  • When are you due?
    10/21

How are you feeling?
    Tired and bloated. I have been SOOO gassy. 

Thursday (2/22) because I’ve had some issues in the past and they want to confirm viability. 

Why am I so faaaat already? Never mind. Don’t answer that. 

While pregnant? Disneyworld, but we already scheduled that for next month so that DS has one last only child trip.
    If I weren’t pregnant? Some adults only all-inclusive with a beach and lots of fruity frozen cocktails (we had one planned but then I got KU sooo...Disney it is!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Any questions or concerns? I worry because this is the first time in over 9 years TTC that I've ever had a positive test so I'm afraid it's not real and will disappear. I hope my lack of symptoms doesn't mean anything bad. 
    Congratulations! This is AMAZING! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When are you due? 10/19

How are you feeling? Great. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I have my first dr appt feb 22

Any questions or concerns? None yet. 

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? Somewhere warm with a beach- I’m tired of the long cold winter we’ve had! 
  • when are you due? October 16

How are you feeling?  a little dizzy, sore boobs of and on, super bloated,  tired

when is your first/next Dr. Appt? March 9th just an informational/family history meeting

Any questions/concerns? 
    Nope

GTKY: non-pregnant-
    on all inclusive tropical resort with an tropical alcoholic beverage

Pregnant-
    on all inclusive tropical resort with a tropical virgin beverage.  I'm done with the Pennsylvania winter weather! 

• Hey everyone! 

Im due October 15th according to the first day of my last period, but I have consistently long cycles and I’m pretty sure I know when I ovulated, so I’m guessing I’m due close to 10/21

I’m feeling good overall, definitely different though. I would say my two most prevalent symptoms are sore boobs and increased hunger. I also have cramps here and there (nothing major), bloated, and more tired.

I have a questionaire and blood test 2/27, and then first ultrasound 3/23, yay! 

I dont really have questions or converns at the moment, I have enjoyed reading other posts and realizing my symptoms are normal :smile:

If I could take a trip anywhere right now, I think I would want to go to Hawaii. I really wanted to do a babymoon in Hawaii, but it’s sooo expensive! So we will see! 
  • When are you due?
    10/15 (I think? My period is so irregular, I honestly don't know when the first day was but I know I drank on New Years Eve so I had my period at that time or just finished it)

How are you feeling?
    Okay.. a little crampy and my boobs are tender. I mostly feel like I do just before I get my period- which is why I was so shocked when I found out I was pregnant instead! I also notice that my GI motility is slowed. My appetite is poorer and I've noticed slight constipation. Thanks progesterone.. 

My first appt is 3/1 which I feel can't come soon enough. I need to hear those heart tones!

I have a thousand already for the poor OB. I was dealing with a pretty bad cold right before I learned I am pregnant so I was taking Sudafed up until the night before I took the test. And like I said, I thought I was just getting my period so I took motrin to combat the symptoms. Hopefully I didn't take enough to cause harm..

It's 20 degrees at home right now so I would love to go to any beach, anywhere. Punta Cana? Yes please.
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    Given that it seems most of our first appointments are within the next week or so, is anyone else getting increasingly nervous?
    I'm gonna put the TW out there in case it stirs any bad memories for anyone-
    My anxiety is increasing every day - worrying that there won't be a strong (or any) heartbeat or something else. I know there's nothing I/anyone can do so there's no point in stressing, but that's not helping!

• @chopchop25 yup. Pins and needles over here. I’m tired of over analyzing every feeling I get in my stomach. 
  • Due date is pushed back a couple days as of now so I thought I would pop in here today!

When are you due? 10/15

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Just nauseous all the time. The mornings are still not bad yet, but the evenings are torture. I eat dinner then slowly get more and more nauseous until I just go to sleep at 7:30 because I can't take it anymore. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I had my ultrasound this morning. I won't go back until mid March. 

Any questions or concerns? Not right now. 

GTKY: If you could take a trip anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why? I would love to go to Ireland. Or really anywhere in Europe. 
  • @chopchop25 - i think those feelings are totally normal.  And to be honest, towards the end of pregnancy, you will feel the same anxiety non-stop about movement counts.  I'm convinced the whole point of pregnancy is to dull our anxiety receptors to better prepare us for parenthood.
  • @chopchop25 yes I am definitely anxiously awaiting next Thursday for my ultrasound. TW below (loss mentioned)...

With my second pregnancy, I had gone for my dating ultrasound around 5-6 weeks only to find nothing but an empty sac, which was pretty devastating. Had nothing indicating a miscarriage, so it completely threw me for a loop. *End TW*

I feel more confident this time though because my RE is being proactive and we had found some issues that we since corrected. Still torture to wait for the US though!! 
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    TW
    @pumpkinpancake I'm so sorry for your previous loss, but glad to hear they were able to address some issues. A missed miscarriage is my big fear right now, especially with symptoms being so light (though I know this can be unrelated.) I read that they were very uncommon, but reading through the boards I am beginning to feel like those stats are a bit off.

Fx for a great appointment for you (and for everyone with one) next week!
  • @chopchop25 feeling the same anxiety here.  I have been more anxious this time than with my first for some reason.  My US is 2 weeks from today.. trying to maintain my sanity between now and then!