October 2018 Moms

Randoms w/o 2/14

Happy Valentines Day Gals! Wednesday means another randoms thread :) 
DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms w/o 2/14

• I just tested positive for flu.
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • pebbledam said:
    I just tested positive for flu.
    Welcome to hell! Population us. It's horrible. Did you grab some tamiflu? 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • pebbledam said:
    Noooooooooooo!  This is my worst fear!  I hope you @hellopartyof5 and feel better soon.
  • @hellopartyof5 - Yep, got me the tamiflu. And blankets. And kittehs  
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • The worst. Feel better soon @pebbledam!
  • hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited February 2018
    @pebbledam take my advice and eat something before AND after you take the pill. It made my last night miserable. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • pebbledam said:
    Oh no! Feel better soon.
  • fwiw, I think it was the tamiflu that helped me recover fully in four days. I hope you feel better soon!
  • @pebbledam ugh that sucks!! Hope you get better quickly!! 
  • I am about to tell a coworker I am pregnant. I haven't told ANYONE yet (besides internet friends). I am supposed to go out with her and some coworkers on Saturday for her bday but obviously being pregnant puts a damper on it. I don't want her to think I am ditching her bc I promised her I would go and she is the only IRL mom friend I have. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I had to have two full on lunches today. I wake up starving and I can't stop it :(
  • My neighbors just had a home birth and ended up with a surprise twin.  Yes, they had an ultrasound.  I am shook to the core.  Also, i don't trust ultrasounds now.  I cant wrap my brain around it.  
  • @jengibre_zorro how the heck does that happen! that is nuts!
  • @kimberbeep @chopchop25 that’s what I said!!  I think I’m more worked up about it than they are.  I guess the moral of the story is make sure they realllly check when they do that ultrasound!
  • Every time I read this thread title, I read it as "randoms without 2/14". 
  • @pebbledam and @hellopartyof5  Hope you feel better soon!  I work in healthcare and my OB this morning told me to wear a mask as much as possible.
  • Ugh I think I forgot how to gif in my year and a half away from this place. But seriously, what the actual fuck. Either her only ultrasound was wicked early or the ultrasound tech who did her anatomy scan was deeply incompetent.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lisa3379 said:
    Every time I read this thread title, I read it as "randoms without 2/14". 
    When I lurk on other boards I got sooo confused when they did this, but then I picked it up I guess. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @jengibre_zorro I am terrified I'm having multiples. This just made me barf. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • I just had an u/s and was happy to see it wasn't multiples but now I am worried again... 
  • @jengibre_zorro so that actually happened to my Aunt also! She sadly miscarried one of the twins and the doctors gave her next steps only to realize there was a second baby in there alive and well! She also had ultrasounds and it was missed. So it CAN happen. So crazy! 
  • I had a nightmare client send an article back to me for multiple revisions today, each with different instructions on what they wanted, and now I have to pull an all-nighter to make up for the time I lost dealing with the situation. Good thing I have insomnia anyway!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Anyone have any recommended pregnancy/FTM articles, websites, blogs? Work has been so slow so I'm just looking for more info that's not so obvious is not work. I really don't wanna get caught surfing Pinterest!  :D
  • @kimberbeep I’ve been using apps on my phone. I like the Bump, What to Expect, and Glow Nurture.  My work can track our internet usage easily and I don’t want someone to look over my shoulder and catch on!
  • My hubby got me a new fitness watch as a surprise Valentine's gift. I'm so excited about it!!!!
  • @quiltandknit - I'm at the front desk, so I can't use my phone. I can easily look at blogs and articles - things that have a lot of text. But pages with lots of pictures get suspicious - I had to turn off all signatures on The Bump :(
  • @kimberbeep Lucies list and pregnant chicken are great! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I need to pack because we’re flying to CA tomorrow but all I want to do is nap. The struggle is so real.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I need to pack because we’re flying to CA tomorrow but all I want to do is nap. The struggle is so real.
    Ugh that flight sucks! Are you bringing the Littles?
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
    Yeah. 1hr layover so hopefully our first flight is on time. It’ll be DD2’s first flight, and I’m preparing for the worst. Oh and also I’m terrified to fly and I can’t have my anxiety meds or alcohol, because pregnancy. So, this should be fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Yeah. 1hr layover so hopefully our first flight is on time. It’ll be DD2’s first flight, and I’m preparing for the worst. Oh and also I’m terrified to fly and I can’t have my anxiety meds or alcohol, because pregnancy. So, this should be fun.
    It's the worst when they aren't old enough to just zone out watching a show lolol. God speed!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Anyone else's skincare routine going out the window? I was doing so well with washing and all the creams, but the more nauseous I get, the more things I cut out and my face is not happy with me about it 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 I'm basically down to witch hazel on a cotton pad to remove my makeup and some moisturizer. I use face wash when I shower, but that's not very often lately. 
  • @hellopartyof5 - me!  It was actually my new years resolution to take better care of my skin and i am failing epically.  Now i just want to pass out with a face full of makeup like drunken college me.  And my skin is showing it, too.

@kimberbeep - i second lucie's list, and also pregnant chicken!
  • @acciocoffee and @jengibre_zorro I legit stopped wearing makeup. Although I did think about it today... thank counts for something right? 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • edited February 2018
    fluffy lady here pre pregnancy and thinking about belly pics. DH asked if I wanted to do them and I said yes, but when do I start? LOL I don't want here is one with bloat, oh look more bloat, oh, nope that is just fluffy me. Do i just start now and see the difference (only for DH and I) and only share the ones where you can actually see something?
  • fluffy lady here pre pregnancy and thinking about belly pics. DH asked if I wanted to do them and I said yes, but when do I start? LOL I don't want here is one with bloat, oh look more bloat, oh, nope that is just fluffy me. Do i just start now and see the difference (only for DH and I) and only share the ones where you can actually see something?
    I was just thinking about this yesterday. I'll probably start after our ultrasound appointment, which will be 11 weeks for me, only because it was around the start of the second trimester where I actually started getting bigger.