Baby Names

Aulora or Alora

Hey Lovelies! 

I think we are set on baby #2s name and love the sound of Alora however not 100% on spelling?! It’s pronounced similar to Aurora and goes nicely with our first Aria but heeellllp on spelling?! Have also considered Elora but I love “a” Name’s. 

Re: Aulora or Alora

• Alora seems the most straightforward to me. When I saw Aulora, I had to think for a second about the pronunciation. 
  • Of the two, Alora.  I think I prefer Elora over Alora.  None are familiar to me and they feel very close to Aria. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112 said:
    Of the two, Alora.  I think I prefer Elora over Alora.  None are familiar to me and they feel very close to Aria. 
    Agree with all of this 
  • as an italian speaker allora= then
    i know most people wont associate the 2 but i cant  think that her name means then
  • As someone who lives in an urban area with many cultures (including Italian) I personally would avoid a name that translates into a very common word in a different language.

Have you considered Elenora? Maybe Elora can work as a nn for that. I agree that it is a tad too close to Aria. 
  • Hmm I never thought it as being close to Aria
  • Also suggest (since you seem to like A names or vowels)

Elaina 
    Alana
    Alyssa
    Amaryllis
    April
    Amabel
    Annabelle
    Elodie
    Eve
    Evelyn
    Eleanora
    Azalea

• Aww Amabel was my next favourite but was told she would always get called Annabell by mistake which puts me off a little.
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited February 2018
    Freddie24 said:
    Aww Amabel was my next favourite but was told she would always get called Annabell by mistake which puts me off a little.
    I can see how that puts you off, but Alora is extremely similar sounding to Aurora so there’s always a chance people will mistake her name.

More A names
    Arabelle/Arabella 
    Annette
    Alyse 
    Agatha 
    Antonia
    Annalise/Annalisa 
    Alessia 
    Anissa 
    Aleni 
    Angelica 
    Angelique 
    Adriana 
    Antonette 
    Augustina 
    Audriana 
    Athena 

I still like the suggestion of Elenora which similar to Alora, but completely different from Aria. 

• cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited February 2018
    Too close to Aria-- repetitive ending, beginning, and interior R sound. What about Laurel? If you must use another A name, choose one without the same ending or R sound:

Alice
    Amanda
    Alyse
    Angelina
    Astrid
    Amy

Or if you are open to other ideas:
    Miranda
    Danica
    Malia
    Monica
    Sasha
    Veronica

• as an italian speaker allora= then
    i know most people wont associate the 2 but i cant  think that her name means then
    I 100% think of Aziz Ansari in the second season of Master of None when I hear "allora"
  • What about Lara?
  • antoto said:
    as an italian speaker allora= then
    I 100% think of Aziz Ansari in the second season of Master of None when I hear "allora"
    Yes! I remember that from Master of None too.