March 2018 Moms
Options

Rib pain?

Hi! I have had an upper respiratory infection. Not much can be done, the Dr gave me an antibiotic and children’s cough syrup for night. I noticed my ribs were aching. I thought it was from the constant coughing & blowing my nose. I realized today, the pain in my ribs is only on my right side! My baby girl has been in that area for weeks now. I think she’s long and her foot is in my ribs. I can’t express how much pain I’m in. I can’t hold/lift anything with my right hand. I can’t twist around in the car, it hurts to breathe, & of course coughing feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat! 
Has anyone else been having any rib pain in one side? Mine is the right. I go to my Dr on Wednesday and it’s an ultrasound also, I’m hoping to get some answers. This pain is awful! 

Re: Rib pain?

• Options
    I did have a little when I was about 33 weeks. But my rib pain has gone away I hope it does soon for you too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had it too. It turned out to be baby's head jamming into my ribs. As soon as he changed positions, I got some relief. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. Mine is baby’s feet/knees. 
  • Options
    Hope you’re feeling better by now.  I’ve been dealing with excruciating rib pain, too.  One thing you could try if you’re still searching for relief is to use a cold pack in the area where baby is causing the pain and then a warm pack (heating pad and the like) in the opposite location below.  Babies will move toward the heat.  
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.