October 2018 Moms

(Feb) Why my pregnant self is crying...

Re: (Feb) Why my pregnant self is crying...

• My mom was texting me pictures of my dad this morning (he passed away almost 10 years ago) because today was his birthday, and that was a teary start to the day...
  • @pumpkinpancake I am so sorry to hear that you lost your dad so early in life. I hope today is full of nothing but  special memories for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @chopchop25 add your sweet reply post to the list of things making me cry!! 
  • Aw, sorry @pumpkinpancake! If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone right now! I'm tearing up at work reading this webpage of how people told their families that they were pregnant. It's the best.
  • I put my pillow down on the floor and it knocked over a Lincoln log house my SD built three days ago. She was leaving it up to see how long it could last before the cat knocked it over. I'm worse than the cat. Started bawling.
  • The thread about baby wearing while pregnant... I’m sobbing because at some point, I can’t wear DS on the front. This hit me like a ton of bricks, and is just breaking my heart. My baby boy won’t be THE baby anymore. 
  • Today is my work besties last day and I just cant imagine these next 9 months without her at work :(:(  I know the drive home is going to be all tears today
  • Tearing up reading all these reasons why people were crying recently! 
  • We live in an apartment complex..someone parked in my usual spot last night and I bawled my eyes out because I had to walk maybe 20 extra steps. I walked inside and tried to hide that I had been crying because I knew how stupid it sounded but DH noticed of course. He doubled over laughing. Hey at least someone was in a good mood. 
  • I forgot to call my mom on her birthday... but she was understanding. Nobody mention pregnancy brain starts right away.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Jack and that damn crockpot!
  • @jweber4747 Yes!!! I got caught up on that yesterday. Bawled like a baby!!!
  • I cried watching the opening ceremony of the olympics bc North and South Korea we’re together under a new flag.  It was ridiculous... 
  • Kate437 said:
    Nobody mention pregnancy brain starts right away.
    I forgot my purse twice in the same night, and almost forgot a friend I was giving a ride to. At least my purse was in a safe place each time. 
  • I bawled myseld to sleep last night (along with giving serious consideration to doing a Brittany Spears) because my hairstylist and I had a miscommunication, and she dyed my hair black. I’m usually a reddish-brown. 
  • I woke up crying from a nightmare my mom died from cancer too quickly. I ended up texting her at 3 AM with blurry eyes; tears running down my neck.   I explained to my friend the nightmare and I started crying all over again. I may complain about my mom but I really do love her! 
  •  Just saw an article on Facebook about a dog going to reading time at library and no one showed up
  •  Just saw an article on Facebook about a dog going to reading time at library and no one showed up
    I saw that one too and it was so sad!!
  • Reading some of the birth stories in Feb/March BMBs. So many happy tears.
  • The Olympics are making me cry...the story about Chloe Kim's dad especially made me choke up.  
  • Literally everything. A video of a tiger at the zoo rubbing up against the glass and a woman's "bump" made me cry. Cars3 when Cruz goes in to race... makes me cry (and my son watches this movie every day). Puffin rock which is a cute cartoon about puffins made me cry when all the little animals helped the baby not blow away. It's getting out of hand. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I went to a professional development meeting about making schools more welcoming for kids with diverse backgrounds. It was great but she mentioned the book “And Tango Makes 3” and I nearly lost it thinking of how sad the penguins were before they got their egg to incubate and baby Tango to take care of and nearly lost it. I’m tearing up again actually...
  • Ugh the Today Show coverage of the school shooting. These poor kids are talking about losing their friends and I can’t handle watching them cry. I want to hug them all.
  • I had asked my boyfriend to pick up a toy for my stepdaughter as a Valentine's day present, and thank goodness I did because she was having a rough day. When he showed up, though, he had one for me too! A little pink sloth, an animal I just love. The waterworks began.
  • My husband did the dishes!!!
  • Reading news articles today about the school shooting in Florida and I can’t take it. I can’t even comprehend how this has somehow become “normal” for the US. How many children/people need to die before people realize there has to be change?? 
  • Started crying because my typically not romantic DH not only got me the flowers yesterday but also ordered me a body pillow off Amazon that came today. I told him about not being able to sleep on my back and was worried about it. He said he wanted me to get used to sleeping on the body pillow early. Cue the tears!  :'(
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @pumpkinpancake I read an article at work with some of the texts the kids were sending to their families and I about lost it. 
  • Reading news articles today about the school shooting in Florida and I can’t take it. I can’t even comprehend how this has somehow become “normal” for the US. How many children/people need to die before people realize there has to be change?? 
    Vote in November, people. Then maybe we'll get change. 
  • My sister in law uses my amazon prime. She saw something pregnancy related that I searched and proceeded to tell my in laws about it prompting them to ask if I was pregnant. I’m crying because she ruined our reveal and we haven’t even been to our first appointment. *TW* I had a miscarriage in August and I’m not ready to tell everyone about this one until it’s confirmed with ultrasound. End TW. Oh and on top of it all I’m already very annoyed that they use my amazon prime. 
  • My sister in law uses my amazon prime. She saw something pregnancy related that I searched and proceeded to tell my in laws about it prompting them to ask if I was pregnant. I’m crying because she ruined our reveal and we haven’t even been to our first appointment. *TW* I had a miscarriage in August and I’m not ready to tell everyone about this one until it’s confirmed with ultrasound. End TW. Oh and on top of it all I’m already very annoyed that they use my amazon prime. 
    That's just plain rude... And so insensitive. I'd be pissed.
  • Today we went to a surprise birthday party. I cried when I saw the guest of honor crying from the surprise. Then her hubby surprised her by flying her sister in from out of state who she hasn't seen in a while. Cue waterworks!
  • @kimmerann3 - Are you fucking serious!? That's so not her place. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    @kimmerann3 Oh no! I am so sorry you had to go through that. Not cool, not cool at all. I'd say she just lost her free Prime privileges. Change that password!

edit: just a thought, if you haven't confirmed her statements yet, could you say you bought them for a friend who is TTC and doesn't have prime, or for someone's baby shower?
  • @chopchop25 Yes. My husband tried to cover it up with a similar response but I’m still so annoyed. She even knows about my last situation and I just feel like it’s not her news to tell. I’m totally changing the password! Either that or I’m going to start searching some crazy stuff just to see what she says.
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    @kimmerann3 so glad you guys could over it up! Oh gosh, I bet the ladies here could come up with some amazing things for you to search <insert wicked laugh here>
    My first pick would be some S&M gear. Or maybe a book on 'moving to France/some far away state' or something - let her think you're moving next and keep stirring the pot :)
  • @kimmerann3 I am so sorry! I would be so so upset. I’m glad your DH was able to deflect, but I agree about searching crazy stuff... this could be entertaining for all of us! 

me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • So far i have cried this week:
    a. Driving down the road after walking with a friend bc I was upset that my boobs have gotten so huge. I threw my shirt away and went into target in a bra with a zip up fleece over it and bought a pile of maternity v neck tees. I told DH and he called to check on me and then we were both laughing at my crying.

2. I cried bc one friend is moving and the other went to go help pack and no one asked me to help. Hahaha so silly! I hate packing! 
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • Sappy commercials
    The weatherman called for snow
    My toddler won't listen
    I can't take the day I want off from work
    I want tequila but know I can't have it
    Sappy stories on the news.... everything is making me cry lately
  • kimmerann3 — Ugh. That’s awful. I am worried people at work suspect something (sucking on hard candies a lot and peeing a lot) but most are women and *probably*won’t actually ask me.. just spread rumors—they are a bit nosy. I might be just as annoyed if someone was using my Amazon Prime account, though.