October 2018 Moms

(Feb) What my pregnant self is dreaming...

pebbledampebbledam member
edited February 2018 in October 2018 Moms
Dreams amuse me and it seems like there are quite a few of us having some weird and/or vivid dreams. 

Me: 29 | DH: 29
Married 12/2016
DSS born 01/2016
TTC since 01/2017
Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: (Feb) What my pregnant self is dreaming...

• This is a bit graphic...but it was super crazy I have to share. 

Last week I had a dream we came home to find our dog had literally chewed off his penis while we were gone. He was fine and somehow didn't bleed out. It was SO weird.

We've also been talking a bit about the pregnancy of his first child with his ex a decent amount, so she keeps showing up in my dreams.  :|:s
  • Loading the player...
  • pebbledampebbledam member
    edited February 2018
    I had a dream that I went into labor waaaayyy too early because apparently the doctors had measured incorrectly and I was actually much further along than any of us thought. I had a girl. She was small, but healthy. I gave MH a list of four names to choose from: Harper, Noelle, Hannah, and Norah. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • I've had a few vivid, wacked out dreams that I can't remember now, but the most recent was a dream that a black and yellow spider bit the very tip of my middle finger.   
  • @KFrob did the spider at least give you some neat superpower?
  • @chopchop25 Ugh, not that I remember 
  • Pregnancy dreams are always really wild for me. With DD I once dreamed that my 80 year old grandma was a demon hunter who wore all leather and drove a motorcycle. 

This pregnancy, my most notable dream so far has been the nightmare I had where I ran my article through PaperRater and was given the lowest score possible  :'( I still feel ill when I think about it, lmao
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • I dream about eating, every. Night. I miss food!
  • Last night I was dreaming about Dick Vermeil (when he was coach of the KC Chiefs). My dad was there too, which was pretty great because he died two years ago, and they knew each other. A lot more weird stuff after that, but that was definitely the highlight!
  • I had a sex dream about Jim Carey. I have never been attracted to Jim Carey in my life 
  • I dreamt that I helped a giant purple monster eat the TARDIS because that's what The Doctor instructed me to do. And then I had to wait for him to return and when he did, he came in through the wall by cutting out a square with his screwdriver. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • I usually have very weird dreams normally, and I looooove having dreams so hopefully I get some SUPER weird vivid ones while pregnant! 

Last night I dreamt I was at work and had to package up a box to be sent UPS but only had an hour to do it before the guy came for pickup. It was a box of nick-nacks, notepads, pens, basically junk, and I needed to organize it all to fit. But I couldn't. The box was flimsy and everything kept falling everywhere!!
  • I never remember my dreams. DH says it's because I sleep like a log. Like seriously am worried I won't wake up for the crying baby! I have slept through fire alarms! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Had a dream we won the million dollar prize in the lotto. So of course now I’m going to pick up a ticket today...
  • I had a dream I was wearing shorts and swinging - the sun was hitting my legs and it felt sooooo hot!! Not the craziest dream, I know, but I don't think I usually feel things in my dreams, so that was super weird! 
  • I had a dream last night that the fella and I were taken hostage and I developed Stockholm Syndrome and didn't want to leave our captors when he came up with a plan to escape. 

I've always had very plot-driven dreams, though.
  • I had a dream I went to my first ultrasound and the tech was my assistant principal. Then she told me I was having two or three babies.

I had a dream there were two of my husband and I could figure out which one was the “real one”.

I had a dream that there were two of DS.

I see a pattern here...

I should add, I don’t think I’m having twins. But I’ve been day dreaming about it because I really want three, but so far this pregnancy has sucked  and I don’t know if I can do it again.
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    Tried to update for a typo and it deleted the entire post. Oh well. Summary: my dogs were slightly larger than tadpole sized living pogs in my hand...
  • Dreamt last night that I was at Amy Schumer’s wedding - and it was so nice! And I got all emotional. I also noticed there were no people of color at the wedding and was concerned that she didn’t invite Dave Chappelle.
  • Last night I dreamt about telling my late grandmother I was pregnant... This isn't all that surprising because I had to have my IUI right after her funeral.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • I had a dream I went shopping for black business shoes. Laaaame. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • I’m just having straight up nightmares now. Last night I dreamed about North Korean Mistles and over the weekend I dreamed the mob was after me. I’ve also been a teenager in all my dreams.
  • @cdepperschmidt - i also had a north korea dream....*TW* it involved running across the DMZ while people shot at me with AR-15's.  The news is starting to get to me, and reality is weirder than any pregnancy dream...*END TW*

So i keep having this reoccurring dream that i am at my childhood best friends house, and her mom keeps feeding me and my son canned green beans.  It's so real though, i can taste the green beans.
  • Ummm, there was a Blacklister going after Christian Grey and we have to save him. I think we were in a brothel in London or somewhere abroad.

I don’t even know. I love Blacklist but have not read nor intend to watch 50 Shades.
  • The other night I had a dream that I was in high school and forgot my lunch money at home. The school in my dream would offer lunch vouchers to the students if they couldn't afford lunch, so I went to the front office to get one for the day. 

Much to my disappointment, my principle, Mr. Trump, was the one signing out vouchers that day. He required each child to shake his hand and tell them how grateful they were for his kind vouchers and pledge their allegiance to him.

I refused to do it and said that it was my right to take the lunch voucher, because it was a school rule. 

He threatened to sue me. I had to prepare my testimony...and right before I went on the stand, I woke up.

Politics have me all worked up these days.
  • As a bit of background- I’ve been divorced for six years and I don’t date. I have no interest in getting legally married again even if I find a super awesome guy. 

I’ve been dreaming that I’m dating this guy.  He’s okay, but a bit of a loser. In the first dream a few nights ago, he has some financial issues and talks me into agreeing to marry him so he can get health insurance. I don’t really want to, but don’t have a good reason other than I don’t want to, so I agreed. 

In my dream last night, I realized that not wanting to is a good enough reason, especially since I know I’m just going to divorce him in a few months anyway because he irritates me.  But then I can’t figure out how to tell him I won’t marry him because I don’t want to hurt his feelings. 

This whole thing would make so much more sense to me if it was about baby daddies rather than random losers.  :(
  • @stithof -That is a straight up nightmare. Don’t worry, you would have prevailed in your case.  
  • We got SS's hair cut on Saturday. I had a dream last night that he decided to find daddy's electric shaver and adjust his hair cut. It was very vivid.
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited February 2018
    @knottieamusements - A nightmare is RIGHT! Nightmare in reality, too.
  • I had a dream the HOA was going to kick me put of my condo because I was late paying for the month
  • It happened last time too but I have graphic dreams about some of my exes. Sometimes about my DH but strangely they usually involve my exes lol. I seriously have no clue why that is. DH and I have been together for 8 years and already have a 3 year old. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Last night I dreamed that my face was completely covered in bumps. They weren't really pimples, just bumps all over my face. I think it was because we say Black Panther on Sunday and one of the guys had branded himself with bumps all over his body then I noticed my nose had some white heads before I went to bed last night. I tend to overreact to skin issues so it was a pretty dramatic dream. 
  • Looking forward to the sex dreams or orgasims while asleep :) when can those start? 
  • lmao @SweetSweetTooth I already have been having the wild sex dreams but have never had an actual orgasm during sleep yet. I do however wake up super horny which DH does not hate lol 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• I had a crazy sex dream about a guy that works with me. I can't stand him in real life so it was even more awkward. No thanks lol 
  • @krgriffin26 darn I am missing out! Hopefully it changes for me lol

@nmadjeski I have heard the sex dreams can involve people you saw that day lol nothing like awkward! 
  • @SweetSweetTooth ugh I really hope that doesnt happen again  lol
  • @krgriffin26 I also have crazy dreams about my exes! Although this happens when I’m not pregnant but the last few I’ve had (since I’ve been pregnant) are even more bizarre. DH and I have been together 7 years....why are these guys still haunting my dreams!?! Lol
  • I dreamed..dreamt?..last night that instead of being married to DH, I was dating this young 22 year old college guy and we were talking about getting married even though I'm a lot older than him and in a different place in life, and we started making out and then the dream transitioned to me sleeping over at my friend and her partner's apartment and me basically watching them get it on, and THEN the dream changed to me being at a party and grinding all over this guy who was wearing black leather and lace, and my boyfriend, still not DH or previous dream-boyfriend, getting mad and dumping me for being unfaithful. Very very strange lol