Pregnant after IF

First Tri Check In - W/O Feb 12

Yay for Monday.  What's new gang?

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?

Recent Results / Next Appointment?

How's it going?

History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: First Tri Check In - W/O Feb 12

• Hey @laurad75 thanks for starting a new thread!

How far along? /EDD - 11w4d
    Any milestones? - starting to feel more firmness in my pelvis just above my pubic bone. Definitely feels like a bump forming, which feels kind of cool. Maybe it'll catch up to my belly fat and even everything out down there LOL.

Recent Results / Next Appointment? - Tomorrow at 8 am I have a scan (including NT "if they can fit it in," which they better or I'll throw a fit) and I meet with a midwife instead of my regular OB. I'm looking forward to telling her that I have to have a c-section because of two previous uterine surgeries (sarcasm).

How's it going? - Overall pretty good! Still tired and boobs are sore but otherwise not many symptoms remaining. Really just looking forward to making sure our LO is still kicking around in there and is healthy. Trying hard not to freak out about tomorrow's appointment.
  • How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?  13 weeks today!  EDD is 8/20 but we are measuring ahead of schedule by a bit so I don't know if they will adjust the date.  It's my last week in the first tri!  What?!

Recent Results / Next Appointment?  I won't have another appt until next month but the results of my Mat21 testing should be in next week along with the sex of the baby.  Can't wait!

How's it going?  We have started openly sharing our news and it's been so fun to tell everyone.  It's a whole new wave of excitement.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...

• How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones? 5 weeks, 2 days 

Recent Results / Next Appointment: Unfortunately, I got moved up to an early sonogram tomorrow. I’ve been having a good bit of lower abdomen pain, but more specifically some pretty sharp pinching right over my right ovary. Just started spotting a little (brown/pinkish) this afternoon, so they are bringing me in tomorrow to rule out ectopic and of course I’m worried about miscarriage (I had a chemical in Aug). Cross your fingers for me please!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?
    5w3d/ Oct 12

3rd Beta today was at 11,833 and I hopefully will have an U/S on Thursday 

How's it going?
    Tired, bloated, and nauseated
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • Hey ladies,

@dragonfly6191 sending you good vibes for the a.m., keep us posted ❤️ 

11w2d today, 1st appt with my OB on Monday along with an u/s and hopefully NIPT testing. Very excited to graduate to the over-the-belly u/s... I will not miss all that stick action! As I’m sure you all can relate, I’ve had more intrauterine u/s than I can count after IF.

Stressing myself out that I didn’t contact my insurance broker earlier on - apparently there were some HSA plan options she would’ve recommended for pregnancy- but she had advised my husband and I to stay with our current plan in the fall when there was no pregnancy in sight so I didn’t realize. I just thought there weren’t options... but now BCBS & United have stopped offering husband/wife group policies as of Feb 1st. Still a possibility for Humana but if I want a discount from OB I have to pay the entire cash price on Monday so not even sure if it makes sense to pick up a policy March 1. Trying not to get distracted and just focus on what’s really important here- I’m pregnant!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • edited February 2018
    @lablover78. I was thinking about that this morning, too!  How awesome to just have abdominal scans!  Although according to the Google, they might still need to use tv for the nt if they have trouble seeing? :/

@adirat. I'm sorry the MS still has got you so miserable.  Hope that starts to ease up here for you soon! ❤

@dragonfly1809. Hoping for a good report today! (((Hugs))))

@Kate437. Congratulations, and Welcome!!!  Keep us posted on Thursday's scan!

@laurad75 How fun to be telling people now!  We will be telling some close friends when they visit this weekend, and hopefully grandpa the following weekend, when we have a nice picture from the NT scan.  I didn't realise how close our due dates seem, from 8/20 to 9/9 seems like hardly anything!

@sarcasticowl. How did it go this morning????

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?
    10+2, 9.9.18; Baby can give a teeny tiny fist-bump!  :D

No appointments this week, next is 2/20 for nt and free cell DNA labs.  Going to have to make a point that we don't want the sex revealed on the reports.  :#   I almost don't even want the tests or care, so if they ruin our delivery room moment, I'm going to be kind of heartbroken.

<span>How's it going?
    </span>Mostly good!  I have a day off from the Bank, so I'm home today, but had to put on, "real clothes," so we are rocking navy yoga-type pants, a cute maternity tee from h&m, lightweight cardi, necklace, earrings, ballet flats - no makeup.  Although that may change in a minute since we are expecting a delivery person. :/  So as bloated as I feel right now, I'm glad I can still somewhat put myself together into something that feels cozy but is also halfway presentable / cute.

*autocorrect fail
  • How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?
    8 weeks, 2 days. EDD Sept 23rd..

Counting the days (2!!!!) until my first ultrasound. I am soooo excited. It's weird this time around because I'm a "normal"  patient at the OB... after IVF last time I got such good treatment with early ultrasounds at the RE! It's so hard to wait.

How's it going?
    Going ok- dealing with all day nausea the last few days. It's a lot harder and more exhausting this time around chasing after a 1 year old! :) Also-he is officially weaned and my chest is sooooo sore.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Hey @BusinessWife things went really well today. Nugget is measuring right on time and heartbeat was great. Interesting factoid: My OB doesn’t do NT measurements unless they absolutely have to because of the relatively common false positives. They rely on NIPT to give a better picture of what’s going on. She said they hate having women get an iffy NT and then have to wait the 10-14 days for the NIPT. I tend to agree with them - my coworker got a borderline reading from her NT and had an agonizing two week wait to hear that her NIPT was fine. So fingers crossed we’re in the clear!
  • Yay!  So glad it went well today! @sarcasticowl. Yeah, I hear you.  They are recommending both in combo, I guess is how they do it here, so yeah, hopefully the NT will not cause any alarm and we don't have to go through the worst TWW ever!!!  :s It's just because of my age I guess, which about kills me.  Nothing to be done about it now, but I will need it for all my future FETs due to the age of my eggs, even though our issue was mfi and I'm only 34 now.  Plus, we will be getting a fetal echo later because the midwife said there can be extra cardiac concerns with ivf babies, which was my first time hearing that.  Ugh... I could cry.  When do we get to have a "normal" pregnancy here?  I literally had a nightmare about all the doctors upon doctors a few night ago.
  • @sarcasticowl That's wonderful!

@businesswife You have every right to decline those tests, if you want. They can't make you. I've not heard about cardiac concerns with IVF babies before -- my RE has never said that -- now I'm nervous :( 

• @sarcasticowl look at that cute little one! Glad your appt went well.

@businesswife and @adirat when I was pregnant with my son the heart issue/ivf thing wasn't brought up by either the RE, OB or the high risk dr I saw for ultrasounds. (I had extra ultrasounds for growth monitoring because my son had a two vessel cord). Don't stress about it too much, I never had a fetal echo.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited February 2018
    Hi guys, heading to appointment today at 1:30pm and very nervous.  Usually wait until after weekly appointment to post but going to go ahead and get started.

Sounds like others are in the same boat as me gearing up for this genetic testing and new potential TWW!  I hope we all make it through with flying colors.  @BusinessWife and @sarcasticowl I am so confused with all the different tests offered still.  Thank you for sharing what you are doing and I'm looking forward to some clarity from the genetics counselor today.

How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones? 10 weeks, 6 days

Recent Results / Next Appointment?  Heading to Perinatal, high risk OB today for ultrasound and genetic counseling and testing.  Husband is going with me and surprised me with 50 red and white long stem roses this morning!  It is our anniversary on Thursday but that was smart of him to have them delivered today! : )

How's it going?  Tuesdays are the worst anxiety days for me every week and this week is no exception.  I think it is because my OB appointments are usually Tues or Weds. I am very nervous about going to the new doctor and I have been for weeks.  I had been just a little nervous about the genetic tests but felt confident everything is ok, but just started having worrying thoughts this past week.  Accidentally told a woman client of mine that I am pregnant.  She was asking me to take her hand and hop down a hill in her backyard (I'm a landscape designer) and I got scared and felt pressured so just blurted out 'no I'm actually pregnant, so I need to be careful'.  Anyway, I am scared they are going to find something wrong and I'm going to  have to start all over.  That is a horrible thought, so I am trying to push out of my mind and just try and be positive.  I also had a little pink tinge of color when I wiped this morning after going to bathroom and of course that sent my head spinning also.  I was cleared by OB to start exercising again this week and so I did about 25 mins and 35 mins on recumbant bike sat and sunday.  I was exhausted yesterday after working all day too, so I just rested.  I am scared to exercise and worried the bleeding will come back. 

Hopefully after this appointment I will feel more confident today and have more positive thoughts and comments to send your way!  
  • edited February 2018
    @adirat. Yeah, I know I could decline, but I guess since it's covered and non invasive, I figure we'll just do it.  Idk, see how it goes if I want to do it for (hopefully) future babies....

Apparently what I'm seeing it's a recommendation based on a pretty new study, which who knows how good of a study it even was.  There's one I see published Nov 22, 2017 (i.e. ETA correction: <i>five</i> <i>days</i> <i>after</i> the date of my first FET.)  :#  Obviously, I don't want to scare anyone, and the study is still showing it's pretty rare, but I guess I was surprised when she said that to me, cos it definitely felt like a bomb to kind of drop on her way out the door.  But I'm trying not to worry unless there's a need, like @chicandbubbly said.  Hopefully, it's really not an issue of concern, and maybe even a future study will totally debunk the first one. Idk.
  • ***lurking from 2nd tri***

@businesswife my OB said the risk for cardiac issues is VERY VERY low (I think she said it only goes up by less than 1% for IVF babies) but she still referred me for the echo and it's covered by my insurance, so I figured why not. I also know of other women who went through IVF be referred, so it's not totally  uncommon. Just think of it as another chance to see your little one! 
  • Hi Ladies,

How far along? I’m 14w+1d (I think I’m not officially 2nd trimester but wanted to stay with this group for another week and catch up) EDD 8/13/18

Recent Results/Appointments:  I have an OB appointment this afternoon, first one in 4weeks I’m just praying everything is ok I’m nervous.

How’s it going?  My appetite is back…like a lot!  Still occasionally nauseous but it’s definitely improved quite a bit.  Still waiting on some kind of bump to show up…which adds to my anxiety about things being ok in there.

Wanted to catch up on all the posts from last week so…probably some of my responses below are way outdated.  Our dog unexpectedly had a relapse of autoimmune hemolytic anemia, he didn’t respond to the meds like he had in the past so I’ve had a week of lots of vet visits, tears, and eventually saying goodbye.  He was my baby and I’ve been a hot mess. 

@sarcastic owl sending you good vibes for you NT today.

@adirat my clinic won’t take them but it’s good to know that some do maybe I’ll call around to other clinics in my area and see if someone will take them. 

@kate437, @knottie, @halfanewt, Dragonfly6191 Welcome!!!! Congrats on your being officially pregnant!!!

@laurad75, @sarcasticowl and @lablover78 Such cute babies!  It’s so cool to see them wiggle around.  I know when I saw it I thought it was so amazing that they could move around like that so soon. 

@chicandbubbly welcome to the board and congratulations on your little surprise!  After how my first trimester has been I absolutely can not fathom how anyone can take care of a little one and do this.  I can’t even take care of myself. 

@businesswife you are such a huge support to so many women on these boards don’t beat yourself up about taking some time for you.  Also I declined the NT test, I thought it was just stress me too much and we will deal with whatever comes.  It’s a personal choice but all the tests offered are optional.

@knottie welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!

@Dragonfly6191 crossing my fingers for you that everything goes well for you today.

@hottietoddy we are appointment buddies down to the minute, mine is at 1:30pm today too!  Hope everything goes well.

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @2MomsHoping Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. So heartbreaking. Hugs friend. Take care of yourself.

@businesswife @mtpbadger Thanks for the info. I'll look it up.

• @mtpbadger. Thanks for the reassurance!  On the one hand, i guess its a comfoet to know they are on top of everything and being overly cautious, so I will try to think of it like that, and hopefully nothing wull come of it - except some very cool images of precious baby!   :D

@2MomsHoping. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.  Our pets are members of the family, and I know how hard it can be.  (((Hugs))) and GL today!
  • sarcasticowlsarcasticowl member
    edited February 2018
    @2MomsHoping I am right there with you. I ask myself every day how I can ever hope to take care of a baby when I’ve rarely been around them and know exactly nothing about them PLUS can’t even adult enough to take care of myself. LOL. We can compare notes in six months  ;)

I’m sorry about your pup. We lost our cat 3 weeks ago and it has been very sad and quiet around here but every day it gets a bit better. It’s so hard to deal with these things when we’re already so emotional and exhausted and trying to stay focused on our health. I hope you know that you did what you could and you gave him a good life.  <3
  • Sending you lots of love @2MomsHoping
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Hi all just Hi all just wanted to send a quick update my doctor’s appointment went a-ok.  Heard the little heartbeat.  SUCH A RELIEF!  I also found out that I had my due date wrong so I guess I’m 14+2 days and EDD is 8/12 so I'm one day ahead of what I thought!

Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Hi All! Missed posting last week, but I loved reading everyone's updates!

@2MomsHoping and @sarcasticowl I'm so sorry to hear about your pup and cat! We lost our precious cat to cancer back in June, right around the time we were doing our last IUI before switching to IVF. It was (and frankly still is) really heartbreaking, but I always think of him watching over us and that he was taking care of my embryos before he sent one down to us. I'm not religious, I just believe all cats/dogs go to heaven :smile:

AFM:
    10+2, EDD 9/9/18

Had my first OB appointment last week and all is well! My NT is scheduled for 2/27 and next OB appointment 3/7. We PGS tested our embryos, so in theory that should be reassuring that all will be fine, but I'm sure I'll be more anxious as it gets closer.

No symptoms whatsoever other than slight food aversion. I don't remember the last time I ate a vegetable! I'm a bit worried about gaining too much weight from only eating carbs, but my scale hasn't budged since my beta on 1/2, so so far so good!

Not sure who else has leftover meds, but I reached out to my Resolve group leader and she's going to ask around and see if anyone doesn't have insurance and needs meds. Might be a good option to try if anyone else has a million leftover boxes of stuff like me!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • Back from my appointment. Good news is no evidence of ectopic so hopefully I can rule that out!

5 wk + 3 (roughly) U/S showed 1 gestational sac and yolk, 1 gestational sac but no yolk (yet), and 1 “possible” 3rd sac (YIKES!). They are thinking most likely twins though! 

The 3rd possible sac he said is some fluid around the other sacs- could be a sac or could be some other type of fluid deposit- too early say. Really either scenario scares me! 

I go back next Wednesday for better look and hopefully heartbeats!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

• @dragonfly1809. Ah!  That's so great!  Hopefully it is just the one, or TWO!!!  healthy lil bubs in there  :D. I had spotting on and off all the way up to about 8 or 9 weeks, and it was nothing to be concerned about, so hopefully it's just normal early pregnancy symptoms... yay!!!!
  • Lurking from second tri

@BusinessWife & @adirat I did IVF too & my RE never mentioned the heart issues but I graduated there at 8 weeks; I saw another bumper post about it & had asked my ob. She said it's uncommon but better safe than sorry so I'm doing my echo in a few weeks at 24 weeks.  It's basically another chance to see your baby :)
  • Thanks @aera11 -- I'll make sure to mention it to my OB!

@Dragonfly6191 So glad it's not ectopic! but oh my gosh -- how many did you transfer???

• @adirat we did transfer 2. We ONLY did it because they were originally super slow growing blasts (only 1’s when frozen at day 6). Our new clinic opted (with our approval) to thaw them a day early and incubate them- the morning of my transfer they were all the sudden both 5AA’s! We were honestly expecting this cycle to fail because of the quality/growth and I had mentally prepared myself for a fresh cycle. Never count out any embryos I guess!

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

• hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited February 2018
    Congratulations @Dragonfly6191, great news today at appointment!  Twins would be so fun, 2 for the price of one!  @2MomsHoping so sorry about your puppy, I always say our dog Roxy is our first born, she just happens to be furry.   Congrats on 14 weeks!  That is so amazing to be in second trimester and all is well....I can't wait to be where you are. Good look to all with all additional appointments coming up this week!

Update/ good news from doctor appointment today!  I really liked the Perinatal high risk specialist doctor and the sonogram lady and even the nurse.  They first tried an abdominal ultrasound and they could barely see again, so then they did vaginal.  It was so amazing we could see the babies arms and legs and moving all around!  He/she wouldn't even hold still long enough to get measured!  We could also see the little heart flickering on the screen, it was so cool and weird too!  It's strange that it is moving so much in there and can't feel it yet!  I guess I will be able to soon.... She did the NT scan and said the baby's neck looks perfectly normal.  She took blood for free cell dna and should hear back and know sex in 7-14 days.  Should have screening test back by then as well.  Didn't have to meet with the genetic counselor again doctor said it is pretty straight forward and will just do free cell DNA, then another couple scans around 20 weeks which will be anatomy scan and another one for spinal bifida.  Anyway, I feel in good hands.  I am a smart person, but I think my brain shuts down when I think about all these tests because I get scared thinking about it.  She said I don't have to do CVS or amnio unless free cell DNA comes back with something that is troublesome.  Fingers crossed we can sail through this and just move right on to the second trimester!

Also, I have been thinking long and hard about how to break the news to my in-laws (been keeping me up at night and making me angry and worried).  I told them last time around 4-5 weeks then had the mmc.  They were generally nice and excited, but also very strange and made lots of innapropriate comments about wanting a boy and my husbands family line dying if we do not.  It was bs.  Then they were very weird when I had the mmc, claiming they didn't know what to do.  I was like send a damn card or flowers??  Anyway, I was going to do a big surprise reveal for my mother in law at the next family birthday gathering in spring, but I have decided that I am not going to do that.  There is no way to control their reactions and I don't need to put that pressure on myself.  I also thought back and realized my husband's sister never even told us she was pregnant each time, his mom just told us the news when she saw us next.  So my new plan is to just call his mom and dad and tell them.  I am waiting until I know the gender before I tell them.  I am going to just have my husband ask them over the phone not to make any comments about wanting a boy or the family line not continuing.  Whether a boy or girl, we don't want to hear it and it is rude to say in front of my little nieces.  Additionally we are going to ask them to talk to Tony's little brother and ask him to please curb the rude comments.  Hopefully they will get their sh#* together prior to the next family gathering or at least try.  I know they are going to say other crazy and innapropriate things, but at least I can get ahead and curb this one a bit. I know it seems like I am being overly sensitive, but this is just one of the many crazy things they have done and said. 
  • @Dragonfly6191. Wow!  That is really incredible!  I have never heard of embryos maturing like that in the incubator, but that's amazing!

@hottietoddy. Congrats on getting all that testing under your belt!  And sorry your MIL was being so weird.  It's funny, bc my MIL said something along those lines, but the way she said it, I didn't take it in a bad way.  She didn't make it at all about the sex of the child, specifically, but I took it as someone to carry on the family name, period.  (But of course we do hope to end up with a mix of both sexes, but we'll see what happens).  In our case, none of his uncles had kids, except one who adopted, and his son has the mother's name (if I'm not mistaken), and lives with her, since they are divorced.  His sister has two kids, but they have her husband's name.  And his brother is divorced with no kids and no plans to start a family in the future, either.  So, male or female, we kind of are the last shot at the family carrying onto the next generation - of the five siblings, four of them boys, this whole side of the family would just be done.  That's sad to me.  And I never really thought about it that way, but I get it now, and for that reason, I do hope that - regardless of whether or not this baby is a boy, and we have five more embryos left to transfer, I do hope we get at least one boy to stick.  But not because I inherently want boys over girls, or think boys are better.  In our culture, the family name is y-linked, if you think about it.  So I understand that it's not so much a "patriarchy" thing, or a chauvanist thing, but a yearning based on a very primal, real, scientific, <i>genetic</i> reason that family names follow the males.

So Idk.  I wasn't there and I dont know what she said.  But I hope going forward she won't be a total weirdo about it, and if she continues to make inappropriate comments about her sex-preference of the baby, I would totally call her out on it.  Cos that's BS.  (((Hugs)))
  • Thank you @BusinessWife!  I can't wait until the point I can tell people and hope I enjoy it.  I think I might just be having  a string of bad luck with the crazies....The last few people I have told have said the weirdest things to me. First guy I told I'm just trying to get pregnant told me about his vasectomy (this is a work colleague I just met) and second client told me a story later about her daughter in law needing an abortion. I'm like why are you even saying that word to a pregnant lady! That plus my weirdo mother in law has me stressed. I'm probably pretty sensitive too and somehow I'm going to have to deal because I'm sure once this baby gets here there will be many more comments. 

@chicandbubbly I am considering having a second child and TTC around the time first one is about 1 year.  How has that gone for you?  My age is what would lead me to have a second in that timeline is that why you chose to?  It seems doable to me I'm just interested in your perspective, if you don't mind. 
  • @hottietoddy I'm sorry that your in-laws are so dumb about "family lines." Last time I checked, a female carries her father's DNA and can conceivably keep her last name when she gets married, so how exactly does a girl mean the family line dies out? Eew, it's a positively medieval way of thinking. Lest the world forget, one of the greatest reigning monarchs of world history was the result of a lack of male heirs to the Tudor throne. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, MIL  :D
  • yes @sarcasticowl thank you!  I'm like is this the 14th century?!
  • Thank you everyone for the kind words about our dog.  My head knows it was the best thing for him and he isn’t suffering and my heart is catching up with that a little more each day. 

@sarcasticowl I know I’m starting to really think I’m over my head a little with this baby thing.  I’m an only child…I never even had cousins until I was grown up and lived out of state.  Fortunately DW is like the baby whisper people say the instincts will kick in but I’m thinking of hiring an after birth doula to help me get in my feet wet.  If anything it just might make me less nervous that I’m going to bring the baby home and accidentally break it.  I’m also sorry about your cat.  It stinks big time, but you are right time is a great healer. 

@sarzee2 cats and dogs definitely go to heaven they the best companions and better than the majority of people in my opinion.  Also so glad your OB appointment went well!  I hope the NT goes well and you get a bonus baby picture out of the deal J

@dragonfly6191 So elated to hear your news of not havening an ectopic and twins or maybe even triplets holy cow!  I’m sure it’s going to be a long week to go back and find out whats really going on.  Fingers crossed that you and your little ones will have a great week.

@hottietoddy Yay!  I’m glad you appointment went well and I think its totally normal to shut down a little with all the test.  It’s all overwhelming.  I’m sorry about all the stress with your in-laws.  I think the whole strong gender preference is so weird I just never could relate to it.  I always just try to go with the flow on that sort of stuff but oh the combacks I have in my head are sooo mean….keep up your spirts and don’t let them ruin your joy.    

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping I think an after-birth doula sounds like a fantastic idea. Makes me want to look into it, too!
  • Wonderful news @halfanewt

@hottietoddy That's crazy... Like @sarcasticowl said women can keep their name. I kept my name and have published under it so clearly I'm representing! Sorry you have to deal with that. I'd be cautious too.

@2momshoping @sarcasticowl I'm really interested in having a doula but I don't know where to start... How do you find someone reputable?

• chicandbubblychicandbubbly member
    edited February 2018
    @hottietoddy this pregnancy was an unplanned miracle ;) For my son we TTC for a year and then found out we suffered from Male factor infertility and that our only option to conceive was through IVF with ICSI (60% chance).
    The "impossible" happened and I got pregnant naturally with #2, shocking to say the least! I wasn't planning on having them this close together (19 months) but I am so excited. I am 28 so age wasn't a factor, but we had been planning on having them reasonably close together since we thought we would be doing IVF again and who knows if it would work, it's a long process etc... This pregnancy has been way more exhausting with chasing my 1 year old around lol but nothing that I would say is not doable. I'll get back to you went I am 9 months pregnant chasing him around in the summer heat haha!

• @laurad75 Wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you and your healthy baby! After such a long road it must feel amazing <3 

• @laurad75 congratulations! So nice to have happy tears for once!!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18