February 2018 Moms

EDD 2.25 - 3.3 // 38 wks // Wk of 2.11

Who's still with us at 38 weeks?  We're almost there!

How are you feeling this week?

Rants/Raves?

Any signs of labor?

GTKY: I forget if we asked this already, but what's on your list to binge watch or what books are on your list to read while you are recovering from labor and taking care of your newborn?

Re: EDD 2.25 - 3.3 // 38 wks // Wk of 2.11

• How are you feeling this week?
    I have had a cough lately, no fever and not too much mucus but it is pretty persistent and annoying and most of the coughs make me pee a few drops so that stinks. Hips and pelvic bones are hurting most of the time. On the bright side, heartburn is way less severe!
    Rants/Raves?
    Rant: peeing when I cough. Rave: just excited we've made it this far. Thankful for my DH. We are just enjoying the last few days or weeks (who knows?) of being just the two of us with no kids and looking forward to being parents soon.
    Any signs of labor?
    My OB checked and I am at 1.5 cm. Not much but that's a start! And I think I may have had some Braxton Hicks after talking to my doula. I just didn't know it because I thought that was supposed to be painful. I know those things aren't signs of literal labor, but I mean, they are your body getting prepared for labor.
    GTKY: I forget if we asked this already, but what's on your list to binge watch or what books are on your list to read while you are recovering from labor and taking care of your newborn?
    The Harry Potter movies are all up on HBO NOW so we'll watch that. Also, I haven't seen Stranger Things but I think I might try it. And X-Files we have like a million episodes left. Also, we loved the OA and I think I'm ready to re-watch it.

For books, all I've read the past 9 months are pregnancy, birth, and parenting books so I have no idea. Books not about having a baby seem so foreign to me right now.

• How are you feeling this week?

Physically, the newest thing has been groin pain/pulling. The only thing that seems to help is bouncing on the exercise ball, which I’ve been doing a lot of to help get this baby and body ready for the big event. Trying to make sure I’m at least stretching and walking everyday. Mentally, I go back and forth between dying for this baby to come and then being glad he’s not yet so we can enjoy being just “us” a little bit longer. It’s a very odd time. 

Rants/Raves?

Rant: I hate this time of year so much. The weather is disgusting and there’s nothing really going on. I have major spring fever! I think it has to be the hardest time to be waiting on a baby to arrive. I’m sure every woman feels that way but Feb/March are pretty awful!

Any signs of labor?

The Braxton Hicks have kicked it up a few notches in frequency and intensity. They’re not painful, just that very tight feeling. Whether that’s a sign or not, I’m not sure. I imagine it’s at least all related to my body getting ready. 
    My OB said for FTM with no issues he doesn’t check me until 39 weeks so I have no idea if I’m dilated at all. Definitely having super sharp pains in the cervix area, but I think it’s related to his movement and hitting nerves. 

We just starting watching Mad Men on Netflix and the rate we’re going well be done before the baby gets here  :D  

• Loading the player...
  • love-mom-lifelove-mom-life member
    edited February 2018
    alice0218 said:
    Who's still with us at 38 weeks?  We're almost there!

How are you feeling this week?

Very lazy

• How are you feeling this week? Pretty over it but also not ready. I was induced with my first so my doc gave me the option of getting induced on the 22nd (due the 28th) and I was like ummm I'm not ready yet! So I am scheduled to go in 3/1 if no labor before that.  
    Having lots of pelvic pains, and this dry nose/congestion that I've had for like 3 months now is seriously annoying. But I must think I can make it through another 2 weeks if I didn't take doc up on the early-induction offer. 

Rants/Raves? Nah, I'm good!

Any signs of labor? a coworker was telling me her water broke but she didn't realize it, and the only sign she was in labor was that her back hurt really bad - then that afternoon I had a bunch of back pain and I was like "maybe this is it!".. But nope. Since I was induced I don't really remember what the actual contractions felt like so I keep thinking what if I don't know?!?! But I have been assured that when it's real contractions, you know. 

I have about 5 eps of this is us to catch up on, but other than that I haven't planned anything.