March 2018 Moms

GTKY - Weird baby products

Just figured we could use a fun thread today.

What's the WEIRDEST or most UNUSUAL thing you have purchased, asked for, or been gifted?  

Re: GTKY - Weird baby products

• Loading the player...
  • @antoto I literally laughed out loud at that. You should get a fun pattern for your car!!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @muggle621 omfg Fridababy products are simultaneously so hilarious but also give me the strong urge to buy them ALL
  • @muggle621 I never had to stoop to the Windi but the moms in my last BMB swear by anything made by Frieda Baby. And the nose Frieda is really gross and super effective. I always make MH do it though because I am terrified of some slipping past the filter. Haha. 
  • @antoto I want to buy everything too!! I'm interested in those fever patches especially. 

@mdfarmchick I have a nose frieda as well and I have that same fear!!! MH refuses to go near it so we will see how this goes....
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @muggle621 I never had to stoop to the Windi but the moms in my last BMB swear by anything made by Frieda Baby. And the nose Frieda is really gross and super effective. I always make MH do it though because I am terrified of some slipping past the filter. Haha. 
    We recommend this in our ER to all parents with snotty babies and toddlers.

My DH is all for the Nose Frieda. I must admit I am slightly grossed out by it, too. But I have DH in my corner who said he will gladly do it, lol :D
  • @kiki75 I may or may not buy a dental mirror now...
  • orbmakerorbmaker member
    edited February 2018
    @kiki75 that’s a great idea! I’m kind of picky about what products I put next to my vagina in general (I usually use diva cup + washable period underwear), but there might be a cheaper bleach,etc-free alternative. These aren’t terrible, tho, at $7.99/pack. If I remember correctly the drug store equivalent would be like $5?
  • Hahaha @kiki75 just remember... never poke a sleeping baby :lol:
  • Team Nose Frida here too! DH wouldn't use it for the longest time, but he has since seen the light.

I read that you have to be careful not to overuse the Windi though - baby will need to learn to pass it's own gas at some point.

I think Snuza is the most neurotic baby thing I have. But I need it for peace of mind in the early days.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • The nose Frieda rocks!  I have to use it 2x a day to suction my son who’s now 3 to wash the allergens out of his nostrils.  The bulbs do nothing and there’s no way to even clean them.  
  • I have never bought or used a nose frida, it completely freaks me out! FWIW I found the suction bulb they give you in the hospital works pretty well!
  • @becausescience It’s true. I still get all of my daughter’s colds even though I don’t snot suck anymore. I try my best to contain the snot and wash my hands, but it only takes her crawling on me one time and going in for a kiss that leaves my face covered in some drool/snot combo. I don’t stand a chance. 
  • Omg. I've never heard of the Windi but I'm dying laughing and totally just added it to our list!  :D:D:D
  • @fatstagnation OMG that's on ours too and same deal! People are like "that's so funny!" and no one buys it.  :(
  • @fatstagnation @vflux33 I feel like I want to buy one for each of you just so can feel smarter  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • calecorvus yes I have those periodic table blocks too!
    @cford08 @vflux33 I guess I'll _have to_ use the completion discount on some fun stuff. :D 
    BabyFruit Ticker