Infertility

Hello! (Child and loss mentioned)

Hello, I’m Ashley and looking to come back to the board. I was active back in 2012-2013, but after my (TW) daughter was born, I stuck with my BMB. 

A little background—I have PCOS and my DH and I tried for about 2yrs before success. My cycles are anovulatory, so Clomid, Femara and IUI attempts produced no ovulation. RE jacked my meds higher and had to convert to IVF. Fresh cycle failed, but FET #1 gave twins (TW) before losing one at 8ish weeks. Ended up getting HELLP and having my daughter at 29 weeks.

Because of that, as well as financial reasons, were just now starting for #2. We had four embryos frozen and transferred one hatching 5d blast on 2/5. Beta on 2/16. Subsequent pregnancies will be high risk and the MFM told me to mentally plan for getting pre-e/HELLP again, but didn’t advise against trying for another baby.  I know the friends that know are supportive, but it’s nice to be around like minded women. My anxiety gets the best of me sometimes. 

Thanks all, hoping to get to know you!

Re: Hello! (Child and loss mentioned)

• Hi. I'm sorry to hear your loss and congratulations on having your baby girl. I'll be looking forward on your future updates and I'd be continually rooting for you to get your next child. Congrats on being PUPO!!! or should I say PASP (pregnant and staying pregnant).
  • Thanks @tinjp78 I love PASP much better than PUPO
  • Loading the player...
  • mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited February 2018
    Welcome! I feel like our stories are a little similar- but clearly not the same since 20 weeks is a totally different ball game for baby and mama. I have PCOS and the only thing that worked for me was stims. Had my son - not twins but I had a partial placenta abruption at 31 weeks, 5 weeks best rest, then PRE-E so c-section. I was high risk for number two but no issues the entire time until the end I had protein in my urine again. But again that was at the end. So please don't believe it will automatically happen again. My first was an awful experience but I do think each pregnancy is different. You will definitely be high risk but doesn't mean the same horrible thing will happen again. Good luck this go around :) 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva  Thanks for the positivity! I'm glad to hear you didn't develop issues until the end. It's a long story, but I think the OB office mismanaged the situation, so I've since switched practices. The week I was sick, I called in with issues and they told me it was probably indigestion and advised Zantac. They had me come in for the lack of movement and did a NST, but never checked my BP. I'm 10000% sure that if they had, it would've been high at at least could've gotten in the steroid shots. Anyway, moot point now, but I'm at a new practice and the MFM I'll go to is pretty respected in the area too, so I'm confident that if this little one sticks, I'll be in good hands. 
  • Wow all of that is bad! Well I’m sure if they do what they did with me they will monitor bp closely and do 24 hour urine collections multiple times starting around 12 weeks. Sounds like you will be!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP