1st Trimester

HCG Levels Question?? High??

hello,

I recently found out I was pregnant on 1/31 after a trip to the ER for something else. I had an early miscarriage in October so when I went to my doctor on 2/1 to follow up, she drew blood and told me to come back today (2/5) to make sure the levels were increasing.

This morning when I went in, I was told my hcg levels are high and I don’t need more blood drawn. They are actually high for me to be 5 weeks (LMP December 29) so they scheduled my first OB appointment. The nurse said like 9,000 but I haven’t seen the actual results yet. (They haven’t updated my online chart.)

Has anyone experienced “high for gestational age” hcg levels? What does this mean? Cause for concern?

Re: HCG Levels Question?? High??

• hello,

I recently found out I was pregnant on 1/31 after a trip to the ER for something else. I had an early miscarriage in October so when I went to my doctor on 2/1 to follow up, she drew blood and told me to come back today (2/5) to make sure the levels were increasing.

This morning when I went in, I was told my hcg levels are high and I don’t need more blood drawn. They are actually high for me to be 5 weeks (LMP December 29) so they scheduled my first OB appointment. The nurse said like 9,000 but I haven’t seen the actual results yet. (They haven’t updated my online chart.)

Has anyone experienced “high for gestational age” hcg levels? What does this mean? Cause for concern?
    How do you know you’re exactly five weeks? Your LMP isn’t a reliable way to confirm that, you could have ovulated early. There is a wide range of what is considered normal and if the medical professionals weren’t concerned, then I don’t see why you would be. It’s probably a question best directed at your doctor anyway, since they know your history. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Actually if your LMP was Dec 28 and you ovulated on schedule you’d still be closer to six weeks than five and the average hcg range for six weeks can be from 1,080 to 56,500 so 9000 doesn’t seem that high at all. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker