August 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/5

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/5

• Congrats @ecwk!  It's so great when you get to see the little bouncy in there! 
  • Loading the player...
  • So glad you ladies had great ultrasounds and appointments! Just over here trying to survive life with sick kids, so I’ve been lurking a lot to keep up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 baby was the same way for me last week! I had to keep coughing, moving around, and even lift my hips up and down off the bed a bunch haha. Darn this uncooperative LO's! Glad you got some good pictures though  :)

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ecwk yay for a good NT scan!

@mrsbubbles-2 sorry the baby wasn’t cooperating for the scan, but sounds like it went great otherwise!! 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Hurrah @mrsbubbles-2nfor good scans today!!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @doctormom33 - yay for appointment day! Will be stalking for an awesome update! And <3 the gif!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My principal wants to meet with my in ten minutes to talk about a PD I went to a few weeks ago. My principal is super nice and literally just wants to hear about how the meeting went but my old principal was so mean that I'm still nervous. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• I missed you ladies! I don't bump much on the weekends, and then DS2 was home the last two days with pink eye so I was home with him. On the plus side, his pink eye was viral and super mild so we went to IKEA and got lots of stuff for his big boy room and nursery - so excited to set those up!

I have a midwife apt this afternoon but not till 3:30. I need to stop booking them for the end of the day, it's going to be so hard to focus at work until then.

• So many appointments today! Can't wait to see the updates ladies!

@alinafed - I stalk other BMB's nursery threads hard core, I can't wait until we start one! Do you have a theme for the rooms?
    @hezzer78 - ok, so 2 outta 3, you're getting there! Will you be able to talk with your high-risk doc tomorrow about the conflicting recommendations?
    @doctormom33 - yay!!! So happy for you!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My random- I’m super annoyed with myself that I keep scheduling appointments on days my kids don’t have school. I should have my life together and know that last week was in-service it that president’s day is in 2 weeks, but no. I just say ok to the date and roll. Ugh. So now I am sure to be the spectacle dragging the 7yo and 3yo to appointments 
  • I brought a huge thing of sweet & sour chicken for lunch AND a snack after work today. 

I totally just ate the entire thing for lunch. Now I need a nap. 
  • https://www.facebook.com/kmbc9/posts/10155956681666221

So this mom is pregnant with her 14th. She’s had all boys so far. She’s waiting to learn the sex. Suddenly, just having 4 girls seems breezy. 
  • https://www.facebook.com/kmbc9/posts/10155956681666221

So this mom is pregnant with her 14th. She’s had all boys so far. She’s waiting to learn the sex. Suddenly, just having 4 girls seems breezy. 
    Omg, I have never experienced it but there’s no way 10 kids could be as easy as 3! Unless you just make the kids take care of each other lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vinerie I think it's totally okay and understandable to be disappointed and a bit sad. We are only planning on having one more after this one (our first) and since this one is a girl I know DH (and I to a lesser extent) will be disappointed if the second one is also a girl and we never get to experience having a son. I think it's totally normal to "want" one or the other when you don't know what you are having and it is hypothetically 50/50, especially if it's your last one - so you shouldn't in any way feel bad about feeling that way, it obviously doesn't mean you will love your little boy any less or be any less of an awesome mother to him when he comes.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• edited February 2018
    @vinerie I felt the same. I wasn’t unhappy I’m having another boy because I love the bond DS and I have and boys love their mamas!

but, I was a bit sad to not know what a girl would be like. Especially since we’re going to be the only bearers  of grandchildren on both sides so I’ll never even be an Aunt to one potentially. 
  • @vinerie It's ok to mourn the child that you thought you were having. I'm sorry that you're feeling the way you are right now.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know what happened to the craving thread, so I'm just going to tell you guys here that baby really wanted some indian food today.  So sorry office that this whole place smells like Tandoori Chicken now....hehe
  • @vinerie I 100% understand what you're going through. 

*TW - loss mentioned*

I talked about this on last week's PGAL thread, because I just needed to get it out. Both of my losses have been girl, and I always saw myself having a girl first. Technically, I did, but we lost her. We were lucky to conceive DS very quickly after the loss, and we went for an early gender ultrasound to find out. I sobbed for days when I learned he was a boy. It actually felt like another loss to me, because not only had I just lost my baby, but I then lost the dream of having a little girl first. Last year I had a miscarriage and I knew that baby was another girl. I had an NIPT drawn a couple of days before I miscarried, and sure enough I was right. Devastating again. This time, this pregnancy is so different than my girl pregnancies, but also so different than my boy pregnancy, so I'm confused and also terrified that it's a boy because this is most likely our last baby due to all of my issues. I do love DS more than anything in the world, but even now I catch myself wishing sometimes that he had been a girl so we could do _____ or I could buy him _____. I definitely am an open minded parent with letting him paint his nails and getting baby dolls and pink toys, but there are just certain experiences I won't get as a boy mom. The one hardest thing for me to think of is that if we don't have a living girl, my husband won't ever get to walk a daughter down the aisle on her wedding day. That one hurts :cry:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• I can totally relate to the sadness related to a specific sex for your baby. I'm a little opposite though. We have a son, and I can't imagine having a daughter, so I really want this one to be a boy. We're waiting until birth to find out the sex, and I think that's better for me, because I know I won't be able to be sad with that little one finally in my arms. I can also understand the need to find out early and grieve and get used to the idea of one sex or the other. 
    We always said we'd have 3 kids, but now that we really understand the financial implications of one, we are questioning that number. But, I also can't imagine this being my last pregnancy. I think I would be so sad if I said, this is my last one. Like, I always imagine three little ones running around. Perhaps some of it will depend on the baby's sex. If we have a girl, maybe we will feel complete as a family. Although, maybe two boys will also make us feel complete. These are such big things and really mess with my emotions!
  • @vinerie I can completely relate. I grew up think I’d have two girls (just like my sister and me).

Then I got pregnant with DS1, and I was a little sad but still hopeful knowing we’d get pregnant again. 

Then DS2 came along and I had to grieve over the fact that I’d never get those mother daughter moments. I did get some shit over this from my moms group from DS1. But most of the people giving it had more than one sex...soooo f them.

And then surprise I’m pregant with #3 which is a girl! So maybe you’ll have a surprise pregnancy lol.

But anyway, no shame in morning the loss of what sex you thought you’d have. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Add me to the team of sex disappointment. I remember when I was pregnant with DS2  I was convinced he was a girl, like I KNEW I was having a girl. ExH and I decided to do an elective ultrasound at one of those 3d places because he wasn't going to be able to attend the anatomy scan and the second she put the want on my belly she was like "It's a boy!" and there he was legs spread with his little manhood dangling in between. I was so disappointed, I really thought I was having my girl to follow my boy. Obviously I've come around since then (I should hope so, he's 3 now) but it was a good couple of days of mourning what I thought I was going to be experiencing. 

I'm going to feel the same way if this one is a boy too. Part of me will be very happy because I have so much stuff for a boy, I've been raising 2 boys so I'm kinda good at it, and I understand boys now, but the other part of me really wants a girl to dress up, get nails done with, go prom and wedding dress shopping with, etc. My mom and I are best friends so I always imagined having a daughter that I could also be best friends with like we are. 

All of this word vomit to say, I get it. I think it's super normal and I think it's sad when people admit it then get judged for it. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers