May 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-in First Week of May: 429-5/5 (week of 2/5)

Weekly check in for people who are due the first week of May: 4/29-5/5

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY (stolen from second week of May check-in): 
Would you rather let a complete stranger name your child, or take the name the stranger chose for yourself and get to pick your child's name? 

Re: Due Date Check-in First Week of May: 429-5/5 (week of 2/5)

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 28 weeks.  Officially third tri whoop whoop!!!  Due 4/30 and baby girl is the size of an eggplant.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? I have a pretty full schedule at work this week with a presentation tomorrow evening and probably going to visit my grandparents on another evening this week.  I am feeling pretty blah.  I had a really bad night on Saturday with HG.  It was so sudden and violent that I almost thought it was food poisoning, but DS ate the exact same thing I did and was fine.  Rant- I am tired of most of my maternity clothes, but also don't want to spend any more money on them.  I also feel bad because one of my former students has been trying to set up a get together with me and another teacher she had and I just can't get it together.  They were being really nice and trying to plan around me, but I told them I didn't want to have them take all that into consideration and have me maybe not come because it might be a bad day.  Rave- I am seeing one of my friends after work today.  We are going to meet at the park with our kids and I am looking forward to seeing her.   

Any upcoming appointments? Nothing until 3/1 with my OB.

Would you rather let a complete stranger name your child, or take the name the stranger chose for yourself and get to pick your child's name? That's so hard!   Can I let them name my baby and then change it later?  ;)
  • @mileswithmyles I kinda thought of that when I made up the question.  I might be tempted to have the stranger name my baby, because you can still call them whatever you want!  And if people don't know that their legal name isn't what they've been called and introduced as their whole lives, what's the harm?  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • edited February 2018
    How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    28 + 3, April 27, an eggplant 

Feeling large, particularly when I lean down to get something off the floor. I can't breathe! This baby is all up in my ribs.

Back to biweekly checkups now so I don't go in till next week. But just this last weekend I had my spa appointment and omg it was amazing. 3 hours spent completely on myself. A massage and pedicure. Sooooo nice. I also had my regular monthly check in on Friday and only made it to it because google calendar reminded me! I thought it was the following week. Technology (and past-me who had the brains to enter it) saved my butt!

Would you rather let a complete stranger name your child, or take the name the stranger chose for yourself and get to pick your child's name? 
    uhhhh I honestly don't know. I'm leaning towards taking the bad name bullet and being able to pick my child's name myself.
  • @onesmallcoconut I have reached the point where if I drop something and I don't NEED it, it stays on the ground.  And putting on shoes is getting harder and harder.
  • I had MH paint my toenails yesterday.  I probably *could* have done it myself, but it would've been super uncomfortable.  And plus, I liked feeling pampered LOL

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    27+2, size of lettuce? I don't know now, it seems like all my vegetables or fruits are now crowding into that general size category...

I'm feeling fuller each week. Harder to eat full meals now!

1 hour glucose test this Thursday eek! I'm debating eating some eggs and oatmeal beforehand. I know I'm gonna chug water like it's my life since it's really hard to find my veins.

This is kind of tough... neither?

Bonus: My 27w bump pic!

My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    27w2d 5/4 head of lettuce...

Well I started taking a supplement and it’s been making me cry pretty much nonstop for the past few days. I’m going to quit taking it. I can’t handle feeling like a weak bitch all the time...

15th one hour glucose.

I already didn’t have an easy time changing my name when I got married (I’m still getting around to it) sonid let them pick the name. My kid goes by doodle90% of the time anyway.

@mileswithmyles
    I miss my grandma, I should go see her soon(ish) I’ve also been randomly sick to my stomach today for no reason...

@onesmallcoconut  I filled in for a different teacher tonight and one of the parents of her students popped in a couple times to ask if I was ok to do what I was doing being as far along as I am, and couldn’t believe I’m not due until May. I just LOVE concerned people -.- Also, now I feel huge, which is why I mentioned this to you.

@helloworld9  I’m also having a really hard time with finishing full meals. All the small things
  • @ivyvines6 How inconvenient- something that makes an already emotionally unstable person even more so! I’d cut that out quick!

@mileswithmyles i hope you were able to enjoy your park time with your friend. I cherish nice Tuesday afternoons when my friend and I get to do that.

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 28, 5/1, eggplant 

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?  I’m getting to that 3rd tri achiness, just feeling so heavy and out of breath too.

Any upcoming appointments? I have my GTT today. 

Would you rather let a complete stranger name your child, or take the name the stranger chose for yourself and get to pick your child's name? I would take the name.
  • @helloworld9 GL with your test.  They didn't let me drink water in between taking the glucose drink and the blood draw, so make sure to chug beforehand!

@ivyvines6 hope you are feeling better!

@MissusTexas I did!  We had a nice time and the weather was beautiful.  GL with your test!