Infertility
Options

Strange Pains after weird situation

Hey guy!  So just a little background: I had my egg retrieval last week, woke up from anesthesia to them telling me they got no eggs b/c I had prematurely ovulated. They did IUI right afterwards since we were there and had my husband’s sample already.

I’m now 7DpIUI and the last couple of nights I’ve woken up in the middle of the night to roll over and legit can’t move b/c of pains in my lower stomach area. Anyone else experience this?? I was thinking maybe I have a cyst, but I’ve had them after other cycles with no pain. Just don’t know if I can attribute this to the meds, the retrieval, the iui or what! Thanks so much for any input!

Re: Strange Pains after weird situation

• Options
    Hi there, that does sound like a strange situation. I haven't heard of that happening before, but if you are in that much pain I would definitely ring your clinic and see if you can go in. Mild discomfort/pain is typical after ER and implantation but I don't think you should ignore a severe pain. I don't mean to startle you - I'm sure all is fine - but they can scan you and see what's going on in there. Good luck <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Options
    I haven't gone through an ER, but I did get a cyst after the last IUI I had (2dpIUI). Fever, fatigue, and severe pain (especially when going to the bathroom) were my symptoms. I called my RE but because we just did an IUI the only thing he suggested was a mild-temp bath and Tylenol, and he called in some antibiotics in case there was an infection. Unless it was absolutely necessary, they didn't want to prescribe any other pain meds or do anything that could interfere with the implantation or success of the IUI. I ended up riding it out and the fever went away and the pain subsided, but it lasted for a good week or two. I would def give your RE a call... better safe than sorry!
    *tw*
    Me: 33 / DH: 30
    Married: 10/19/13
    NTNP since 2010 / TTC since 2013
    DX: Unexplained
    June 2014 – Aug 2014 (3 cycles): Medicated cycles >> Letrozole + Trigger = BFN
    Sept 2014: IUI #1 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Dec 2014: IUI #2 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Sept 2016: Consult with RE, DH consult with Urologist
    Nov 2016: D&C to remove polyps >> RE required 6 month break
    May 2017: IUI #3 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFP >> MC/CP
    Aug 2017: IUI #4 >> Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Oct 2019: IVF Consult