Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Weekday Randoms 2/5-2/9

• Why would anyone try to sell land where half the lot is the side of a VERY steep hill? We looked at a lot this weekend and were just floored. like wth were people thinking? nobody's going to be able to build here without it being a colossal money pit! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady1215 depending on the area you could build a pretty cool house on a hill. We have family that has a sick house basically built on stilts with the entrance at the top of the hill. But unless it’s somewhere like Los Angeles like theirs is, yeah it doesn’t make sense.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...

• Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @offtoneverland ooo... new containers sound lovely!  I've been making a conscious effort to not heat things up in plastic anymore, but we still use plastic for storage/leftovers.  I'd love to switch to all glass, but it'd be a fight w/ H, also we don't have enough cupboard space (plastic compacts so easily).

AFM... I'm celebrating that today is a no upset stomach/no vitamin puking day! Yesterday I yakked after my PNVs for the first time, apparently hummus, carrots, & pretzels was not enough in the stomach.  I think the Provera earlier in the AM was partially to blame too... btw maybe this is better suited for the ?/CS thread, but is it weird to start getting side effects for Provera 1/2 through the script vs right away?  Like I notice hot flashes right away, but those have subsided and now it's night sweats, slightly upset stomach, insomnia, and boob soreness.  Stupid Provera giving me the crazies.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Yeah @lurvleybunchococonuts it did that to me too. It's going to feel like a TWW because it's fooling your body, and hormones right now. Those are all normal symptoms unfortunately. 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• edited February 2018
    @jrm_14 omg... DED @ the thought of you avoiding receipts
    @josie12367 I know they are all normal symptoms, I read the warning pamphlets pharmacies attached to meds because the potential side-effects/adverse reactions make me giggle, yes I know they're serious, but some of them are downright funny.  "This medication may cause constipation, or it may cause diarrhea."  Read - it's gonna eff up my poops, got it!  I just find it interesting that the Provera side effects are like... "evolving"/not the same everyday :D Stupid fake-progesterone *fist shake* 
    ETA: spelling issues

ETA x2: as I sit here drinking my coffee out of my travel mug I realize damnit... I need get a new non-plastic travel mug... effing BPAs grrr.... 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• I am at the orthopedic surgeons office to see if I can get carpal/cubital tunnel surgery on my other arm.  Which = mini vacation.  Which is sad. 
  • @josie12367 Peppermint Fatty or Benjamin Brewster (did I make that up?) escaped? 

@holly321 I’m wishing you a painless vacation ;)
  • @jrm_14, the Percocet they will give me will make it one.  And nice and relaxing!  
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited February 2018
    @josie12367, yours or someone else's?  I feel like I am always finding people's dogs.  DH thinks I try and help ones that aren't lost and gets really annoyed when I bring them home. Lol
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts ugh provera has had me so sick this time. I usually just get mild hot flashes but ive been really nauseous too. And the crazies too lol. Def should have waited to watch This Is Us until I'm done with this script. 

@josie12367 awe nice. We seem to get a lot of dogs in our yard too and I love reuniting them with their families. 

@dreamscapes_ yay for adopting a kitty. You'll have to post a pic when you find one!
  • @offtoneverland making yogurt is pretty easy. There are tons of recipes for crockpot/instant pot too. You basically just put a scoop of storebought live culture yogurt in a container of milk and keep it warm for a length of time.
  • @krissy2241 We're most likely not adopting one yet. Just going to look at them, lol. We don't have the money for our complex's pet fee (and are moving in 6 months), so we're likely just going to wait until we move.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @wishiwaspreggo Sounds as though if "lady doritos" were in the works they're quickly rethinking that decision.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/business/lady-doritos-indra-nooyi.html

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Sitting on my break listening to all the customers in the pharmacy, knowing I will have to get off my arse in a minute and help out but I really just want to sit here and let it develop into chaos. The joys of sole charge 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts Yeah, the new containers are so nice but they take up a lot more room. We don't have a lot of room as it is, so I understand wanting to stick with plastic. I kept a few plastic containers (because they're so easy!), but I'm going to try to not heat them up in the microwave as well. I'm sorry you've been feeling sick from your vitamins! I have to take mine with a decent breakfast, otherwise I'll get sick too. Glad to hear you had a good day and didn't have an upset stomach. 
    @jrm_14 What do you do with the receipts? Do you just tell them you don't want it? I have to say that chapter of ISWTE was kind of demoralizing, because BPA and plastic is everywhere! I was feeling all impressed with myself when the author was talking about BPA, thinking "Good for me! We don't have any BPA containers!" then she started discussing the dangers of non-BPA plastic containers as well. It's everywhere! 
    @meggyme Thanks! The idea of making my own yogurt totally grosses me out, but I'm going to try it. Hopefully it works out!
    @galactickates Do tell us about this amazing PB&J! Was it homemade?
    @josie12367 I have to tell you...your siggy makes me swoon. Every time I see it I giggle and blush like a boy-crazed teenager. I can't help it!  <3<3 Okay, I spent too long looking for the perfect Tom Felton gif and now I have to STOP. *fans self*
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland yes homemade!  It's my work lunch! Sooooh much peanut butter and lots of raspberry spreadable fruit... so good
  • @holly321 - I like your style, lady. No shame! Still working and I ate 2 cupcakes tonight. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @galactickates I'm so sorry for your loss *creepy internet hug* I've had pets most of my life, so it's really only the last few years that I haven't. It's just coming down to our complex's stupid pet deposit. We don't have the money for it right now.

@lurvleybunchococonuts My old dog was a lot like YH's cat sounds. We're trying to work it out with the finances, but that's really what it's going to come down to, unfortunately. I really miss having an animal. I know it won't be a cure-all, but it'll help.

@catlady2015 That's what I'm hoping for, honestly. That once we have an animal in the house, it'll help things start to even out a little for both of our brains.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ - also here to encourage rescuing a cat! My cat is a great source of joy for me. I've had cats my whole life and can't imagine life without them. We got ours from Petco rescue center and she's a geezer now but she's always been an amusing and affectionate cat. Whether you're playing with them, petting them, or just laying on the couch with them purring on your chest, kitties are such lovely creatures.

More on my weight loss (mis)adventures: I weighed in yesterday and gained 2 pounds. Thinking it was a mistake, I weighed in this morning and gained another pound. SO MUCH FUN. I think I might have PMS. I need to stay off the scale until I'm done with my period. I literally gain 5+ pounds in water weight from PMS until I'm done with my period. It's the worst. But lucky me, today is weigh-in day for my work Weight Watchers meeting so this fun little gain won't be embarrassing at all. You know, considering this is our first one where we're supposed to actually lose weight. Most of the women in my meeting are menopausal (or post-menopause) so it's not like I can laugh with them about PMS weight gain :\
  • @wishiwaspreggo, sorry for the weight loss drama.  I gained 5 pounds last week between being upset and PMS.  I already lost it, but it just makes me realize I could possibly be 5 pounds less than now.  I told myself I wanted to lose 20lbs before I am de-benched, and I have been stuck at the same 7 pound range.  I have serious scale obsession and will weigh myself several times a day.  I want to have DH hide the scale from me for a month and just see what happens.
  • Has anyone been following the Falcon Heavy launch?  My H has been live streaming it at his work the last two days.  We're super into space and I think it's so awesome what Elon is doing. 
  • @galactickates I wasn’t following perse, but I saw some clips of it. Pretty cool engineering for sure!
  • @galactickates I watched the live launch at work and it was amazing! My boss was in my office at the time and I didn't even hide what I was doing because this is the future of space travel! Also, my dream car is a Tesla Model X.
  • @offtoneverland I sdon’t tipsily stress way too much over some areas (like, the receipts) while eating $h!t like grocery store cake and craft doughnuts. I usually say I don’t want the receipt though sometimes they try to hand it to me before I say it. If Mh is with me, he expects me to take it (he is terrified of not having a receipt if he needs it). I haven’t explained my ridiculous thing with receipts to him bc he’ll be like, “uhhhhhhghhhhh.”