IF testing and treatment- week of 1/29 - Page 6 — The Bump
Trying to Get Pregnant

IF testing and treatment- week of 1/29

12346»

Re: IF testing and treatment- week of 1/29

• @KristoKekerooni those are great numbers! So excited for you and your DH. glad to hear you’re feeling a little better today. Can’t wait to hear your updates

@shortstack930 FX so hard for you lady. I’ll be waiting anxiously for your update. 
    Me: mid 30s DH: early 30s
    TTC 10/2016

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 
    shortstack930
  • I've been a lurker on this thread mostly, but thought I would join since the collective knowledge here is impressive. I also follow @KristoKekerooni on instagram and have been stalking @emmasemm and @shortstack930 on their journeys more recently. I'm really crossing my fingers for all you ladies!

Diagnosis (if you've been): Still working up- so far BW has been unrevealing (had AMH, genetic testing, SA, TSH, Hgb fractionation) have been okay. AMH 1.8, which I was told was normal but I'm 33. My mother had POF at age 37 and I want to avoid waiting too long to get a work up.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW (7 day PO). Have been TTC 8 months/9 cycles
    What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Going to get an HCG in Feb/March, and likely a 3 day estradiol/FSH. Then, who knows

How are things going?: Stressful, I hate the end of the TWW, but I'm hopeful that at least we have some more testing coming up and hopefully some answers. 

Any questions?: I know this has been asked before.. but should I wait to get referred to the RE? My OB has been great about being proactive about genetic testing and BW, but is worried about starting Clomid or other interventions yet due to the risk of twins and higher risk pregnancies. Should I go straight to the experts after her testing? She's very nice and clearly knows what she's doing, but I think I would feel a lot more comfortable with a RE.. 

GTKY: what was your favorite place that you’ve vacationed? Turkey!! Kind people, amazing food. The political situation there has really deteriorated there, unfortunately :( So I don't think it would be quite the same now. 
    shortstack930
  • Loading the player...
  • @blumoon18 I'm sorry you find yourself here. You're correct though, the knowledge shared amongst these ladies is amazing. I think you answered your own question regarding seeking an RE for treatment. I think asking your OB for a RE referral would be a good idea if it'd make you feel more comfortable.  It might be easier to have your OB finish testing since she's already familiar with you/your results so far. (I might be wrong in that though, I'm still very much a newbie on all things IF). Make sure to check your insurance to see what is or isn't covered IF related and I hope your stay here is short!

LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 31 | DH: 39
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018!!!! 16DPO Beta 1: 732 | 18DPO Beta 2: 1278
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

ndz2018jrm_14
  • @blumoon18 Sorry you’re here it sucks but I gotta say having these ladies support helps it be less sucky! Agree with lurvley.  Def check with your insurance to see what is and what isn’t covered. I know some people with zero IF coverage and I know People with some covered and people with EVERYTHING covered. The rule of thumb and I’m sure your OB told you this if you’re under 35 and haven’t conceived within a year they will usually refer you to an RE. If you’re over 35 then it’s 6 months. THAT being said I’m 37 and went after 3 month because I felt something was wrong and I was right. Trust your gut. Maybe finish up testing with your OB as a lot of times they don’t code it as IF so if you have to go to the RE, i hope that’s not the case, you’ll be one step ahead.

Me 38 & DH 43 
    ***TW 1 MC 1998**
    TTC # 1 2017

MFI/Septate Uterus

Dec 17 IVF # 1 29 Retrieved, 25 Mature , 21 Fertilized w/ICSI, 12 made to day 5
    5 PGS normal(1 male and 4 females) and 3 mosaics(MORE FEMALES)

Resection of uterine septum 1/22/18

FET # 1 - 11/6/18 = BFP , EDD 7/25/19

• @shortstack930 I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow!!

@KristoKekerooni grow little ones, grow!!

@blumoon18 welcome, although I’m sorry your here. For me, I did some original testing with my OB but my RE did them all again. I had no IF coverage but she coded it as some kind of diagnostic testing so I didn’t have to pay anything until I started treatment
    shortstack930KristoKekerooni
  • THis is late because I didn't get on TB at all this weekend, but thanks @50wife @purplg8r and @beachbunnyxo123 !!

Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks