Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Sat/Sun 2-3/2-4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

Cycle Day/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What is your favourite way to top a hot dog?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW Sat/Sun 2-3/2-4

• Month/Cycle: 11/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 24/4

Timing: Pretty decent

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Next Saturday likely

R/R: We have a whole weekend with not one thing planned! Of course we will likely spend most of it cleaning as we are hosting a birthday party next Saturday and I go big with parties so this weekend will be cleaning, rearranging furniture, and getting all the decorations ready and some of them up.

CS/Q: No chart this month

GTKY: What is your favourite way to top a hot dog? This is a selfish question - we are doing a hot dog bar for next week's party and I always like to know if there are any toppings I'm missing. My personal favourite is grilled onion and cheese with bbq sauce!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    Morning!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

Cycle Day/DPO: 27/6

Timing:  -5, -3, -1, 0, +2

Testing: nada

R/R: Rave-think I found a cute bathing suit for Hawaii! Now to not add a few lbs of super bowl food tomorrow ;)
    Edit: dog update...she’s on a muscle relaxer plus her normal opioid, and they gave us a stronger ‘just in case this isn’t working’ med. After that, we are sort of at the end of the line for pain management. She’s still slightly uncomfortable but very sleepy and snuggly this AM!

CS/Q: cramps today, think it’s just stress 

GTKY: What is your favourite way to top a hot dog? Nothing! Just plain Boars Head or Hebrew National on a good bun! Potato roll bun ftw.

• Loading the player...
  • @elothair A hot dog bar sounds great! There are so many toppings you could have. I'm sure if you use google, you may find some funky toppings too. Have fun!
    @chopchop25 When are you going to Hawaii?? So super jealous :)

Month/Cycle: 5/5 

Cycle Day/DPO: 20/8

Timing: Decent

Typical LP length: 14/15

Testing: Really want to hold out til wednesday but will probably tomorrow lol

R/R: Working on a Saturday, boo. We have a huge housing fair today so my usual saturday of lounging will actually be super busy but at least the day will fly by! Also here tomorrow too which I am NOT looking forward to! Other than that, DH was up all night since he wasnt tired which made me sleep like crap. argh.

CS/Q: nopeeeee

GTKY: What is your favourite way to top a hot dog? I like ketchup, yellow mustard and a pickle spear. Putting ketchup on a hot dog in my city is such a no no but i love it so I do it anyways  B) 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @elothair yay for testing buddies! No plans? Amazing! What else are you up to aside from cleaning?
    @kobrien827 I am off to Maui with three girlfriends 5e first week of March. Never been, so I’m excited! Sorry to hear you’re working this weekend. Hope it goes quick!
  • *lurking from wto*
    @chopchop25 Maui is so amazing!! I hope you have so much fun! Go on the Road to Hana. You will not be disappointed. And drink a mai tai (or 10). Yum!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • On mobile so love tits to all

Month/Cycle: 10/10

Cycle Day/DPO: 18/5

Timing: eh

Testing: no

R/R: Rave: It's snowing today. It's so pretty when it snows. I'm happy that all the people visiting the Twin Cities for the super bowl get to experience it. Rant: I'm suddenly very nervous about the next steps in this ttc journey. I think I've been in denial that anything is wrong. I mean they tell you it takes an average couple a year to get KU, but then once you've hit a year you're, BAM, suddenly labeled infertile! I thought about just calling to make an appointment with an RE for the future, because I'm not sure how far out they're booked. I can't bring myself to do it tho. I'm so nervous! 

CS/Q: no

GTKY: Mustard only. Maybe some sauerkraut depending on my mood.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @chopchop25 I am hoping to get out to do a bit of shopping for some party stuff but mostly just staying at home and being a hermit. My weekend goal is to not get out of leggings/pjs the whole weekend, lol! When do you go to Hawaii? I am so jealous!
    @kobrien827 We have done the hot dog bars in the past and Pinterest has been my best friend for topping ideas. I always like to know what people from different areas are into though as I find most of our friends are pretty stuck in their boring ways! Boo for weekend work - will you get days off during the week instead?
    @LJMoon6 I was hesitant to take the first steps for IF but I have found it to be so relieving and refreshing to feel like I'm actually going to do something about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LJMoon6 I know how you feel, since I'm in a similar boat.. but hopefully the knowledge you acquire will help you feel like you're in more control. A lot of the beginning tests are just BW, and not anything too invasive, so it won't be as bad as you think. My friends who have gone the RE/IF route only have one wish--that they had done it sooner! 

Month/Cycle: 8/9

Cycle Day/DPO: 22/6 (based on OPK's) 
    Timing: -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 (unsure of ovulation, not temping)
    Typical LP length: I think 14 days?
    Testing: waiting until AF rears her ugly head
    R/R: It's always the beginning of the 2nd part of the TWW when I start to get antsy. I HATE THIS TIME, WORST WEEK EVER.  But at least I have my OB appointment coming up for HSG testing and maybe some more testing at the end of February, so I guess that will help answer some questions..

CS/Q: Anyone else notice that acupuncture made your cycles longer...? 

GTKY: What is your favourite way to top a hot dog? relish and ketchup! 
  • @elothair I hope you are enjoying your weekend of no plans! I love those...even if it does mean cleaning/planning for the next one.
    @chopchop25 A girls trip to Maui sounds Amazing! And I’m glad to hear your dog is feeling a little better, enjoy the extra snuggles!
    @kobrien827 Sorry that you have to work all weekend, but at least you will be busy. Working the weekend when it is slow is the worst, I would much rather be busy. FX for you if you end up testing today!
    @LJMoon6 Sorry you are feeling so nervous about your next steps. I think that is very normal and natural. I hope you can get in to the RE as soon as you’re ready, and they have the answers you need!
    @blumoon18 I agree with you about the second part of the TWW. It is definitely the worst week. I thought I was doing much better this TWW and then yesterday hit and I was a mess! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    Cycle Day/DPO: 26/7 or 8
    Typical LP length: not sure yet
    Testing: next Saturday the 10th if AF doesn’t show. 
    R/R: I was super crabby/moody yesterday and snapped at MH a couple of times. I felt like I was dealing with this TWW better this month, but nope I turned BSC yesterday. Trying to be better today! No plans today...just the normal weekend chores and homework so hopefully having a whole day home makes things better not worse lol.
    CS/Q: none
    GTKY: just ketchup! I am not very adventurous with my hotdogs...although I think I would really like to try something like bacon, melted cheese and grilled onions. Now I might have to convince MH to go to the hotdog place for lunch today...

Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

Cycle Day/DPO: 21/6

Timing: -2, O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: 2/9

R/R: saw more land yesterday. Why anyone thinks someone can build a house on property that is basically a super steep hill and shale-y is beyond me. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is your favourite way to top a hot dog? Plain or ketchup only. I’m so boring!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @elothair - hope the cleaning goes quickly and you get some down time this weekend!
    @chopchop25 - glad your doggo is feeling better! Poor thing .... So jealous of cute bathing suit! buying those is evil incarnate. 
    @kobrien827 - did you test? Hope the housing fair makes working this weekend go quickly!
    @LJMoon6 - I'm sure that's scary! But from what I hear, it always does take awhile to get in. You can always cancel the appt if you don't need it, but to have to wait even longer to get in if you do need it, I don't know if I'd take that risk. 
    @blumoon18 - worst week EVER! I'm almost into week 2 myself and every slight cramp, tightness, or boob twinge has me going nuts. 
    @spartan4life - hope you get your chill day at home! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Thanks you guys! (Sorry not tagging, but you know who you are)
    I ended up calling this morning just to try to get more information (like do I need a referral, do I need to have been trying for 12 months before I schedule anything, and most importantly cost). Of course I had to leave a message. Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow. 
    So my insurance covers 80/20 but only up to 5k a year for any infertility testing and treatment. Is it possible to have them label any of the testing as a "wellness check" or am I crazy? Lol I was also thinking of trying acupuncture this month which my insurance covers (small copay) but if the appointment is coded as fertility anything then it goes over to the 80/20. Is there a way to get them to code it as treatment for anxiety or something? Again am I crazy?!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @catlady2015 Tested with 2nd pee of the day, duh its going to be BFN.. I'm sticking to waiting until Wednesday now. Those BFNs just suck too much. 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• *lurking from WTO*
    @blumoon18 You don't mean that you're getting your HSG during your TWW, right? I'm sure that's not what you meant but just checking since you said the appointment was coming up soon. As for acupuncture, I started last cycle and had a longer LP than I've ever had (it was 13 days when mine is usually 9-11 days). I'm not confident saying it was definitely because of the acupuncture; it could just be my body regulating after getting my IUD removed or perhaps my new PNVs with higher vitamin content. But it was really strange having such a long LP and it really threw me for a loop during the awful TWW! 
    @LJMoon6 I've heard of some people having their infertility testing covered under abnormal periods or something like that, so perhaps you could see if they could do that for you so it doesn't eat up all of your infertility coverage? I'm so sorry you're at the point where you have to start thinking about seeing an RE. I started seeing one a couple of weeks ago and it was really scary biting that bullet and having to admit that maybe there's something wrong with you. My RE has been wonderful though and has made the whole thing super easy on me. If anything, it's so great starting to get some of the testing done so you can start to get a picture of your reproductive health and see if anything might help. If it helps, I didn't need a referral for the RE because my insurance doesn't require it, so hopefully you don't need one either! I'm also really hopeful for you that you'll get lucky soon and won't need to see an RE at all, but I totally understand you getting nervous and wanting to start thinking about it. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland No, exactly--I mean I have an appointment to see my OB at the end of Feb, who will then schedule the HSG. I think the HSG is supposed to be in the beginning of your cycle, right? I'm glad to hear someone else also had an extended period after acupuncture! Last time my TWW was like 17 days and I went crazy thinking I was going to finally have a BFP and then was super disappointed
  • @blumoon18 Oh, gotcha! Just making sure because yes, it's supposed to be done at the beginning of your cycle, after your period and before ovulation. My RE said to schedule mine between cd 5 and 12. I got it done on cd 8. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3