C-sections
Options

My first baby was 9lbs 11 oz. I never dilated and I was to term so my doctor did a c section.

Should I expect another C-section?  My midwife is horrible and offered no help about the situation 

Answers

• Options
    Can you switch midwives if you are not comfortable with yours?
  • Options
    I also had a C-section due to a large baby. I’m pregnant again and my OB said that women who have big babies continue to have big babies, so she’s recommending anoth C-section. She’s normally in favor of natural births, but she said in this case it’s for the best to have a repeat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an emergency c-section after a 36 hour stalled induction because baby's heart rate was dropping.

We moved and I switched OBGYN (due to a move, I liked mine before) before we ever started considering TTC again. When we did start talking, I asked her if I could have a VBAC. She said that we could trying, but a lot depended on baby's positioning in the last month. Apparently there is a 2% chance of the c-sec scar tearing/rupturing during labor due to contractions. M never dropped into place, and I had to have an ECV to get him head down to start with, he wasn't flipping on his own. It's possible that even with good positioning, if I don't progress, I'll need another.