Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby sleeps in rock n play

I’m a first time mom and my baby girl will only sleep in her rock n play at night. When I lay her in the crib she wakes up instantly and will not sleep. Is she maybe just not ready ? What is a good age to start putting baby in the crib? And tricks for the transition ? Thanks! 

Re: Baby sleeps in rock n play

• Options
    How old is she? Are you swaddling? Any age is a good age to start sleeping in her crib. DD1 went into her crib from the rnp at 6-8weeks. We will start to transfer DD2 into her crib in a few weeks (around 9-10 weeks), but it may take longer because the girls share a room. 

When DD1 transferred, we broke every AAP rule. We rolled up blankets and put them on either side of her, while she was swaddled, to reciprocate the “confined” feeling she had in the rnp. Slowly, we made the rolls smaller and smaller until she was in there on her own.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Once they are 12 lbs I recommend the magic sleep suit. Made the transition seamless. 
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Once they are 12 lbs I recommend the magic sleep suit. Made the transition seamless. 
    While I also swear by the Magic’s sleep suit, not all 12lb babies are big enough for it. My first at 12lb was still a peanut, which is why the founder of the suit also recommends that baby be at least 3 months old. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker