Infertility

Low AMH, only 30, so sad

I have temp shifts confirming ovulation and a regular 28-day cycle, but my LP is only 10 days. My 8dpo estrogen and progesterone were low (62 and 4.5), though still within range to confirm o. My AMH is only 1! I am only 30! I do have low Vit D (26, where low end of normal is 30), and I know that can falsely lower it, but I'm sure not by much. I am so sad. What should I do as I await RE appt? DHEA? Vitex?

Re: Low AMH, only 30, so sad

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    Hi @moose1100 I’m so sorry your sad over this. It’s devasting honestly for any diagnosis for both partners. Though I don’t have low AMH we have other fertility issue and just did our first round of IVF and we actual both have issues he has MFI(low count and low morph) and I have a septate uterus which I had surgery to removed on Monday 1/22. We have to sit out this cycle to heal and next month we’ll finally be doing our FET after a 4 month jounrey from start(first visit to the RE) to now and we still have another 7 weeks to go. It’s heartbreaking to see you so sad. You are young so you have to going for you. *TW I know women with and AMH of .4 and IVF worked for her and her 2nd pregnancy was natural and she’s in her later 30s END TW* that’s just one example. 
     I would focus on egg quality if I were you. If you ask anyone it’s always quality over quantity. Obviously I would def ask your current doctor or RE but I would start with Prenats, my RE and Dr google recommends Ubiquinol 300 twice a day and I also took 5000 of Vit D. There is also a Low AMH board if you wanted to pop over there they can definitely empathize and relate to what you’re going through and there’s a lot success stories there as well. I wish You guys the best of luck! When is your appointment with the RE?
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    Also I’ve heard a lot of bad things about Vitex I would 100% ask my dr before messing with any hormones or supplements as each doctor/RE is different but one thing I have Heard from many women on here is that they take prenats, ubiquinol and Vit D

*typos
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you very much. I am only 4 months off birth control which I took for 10 years and commonly straight through packs to skip my period. So maybe my AMH still has a little time to come back? My interest in Vitex was to ovulate higher quality follicles but since my vitamin D is also low maybe that supplementation will improve my eggs?
  • @moose1100 would def start taking Vit D if you already know it’s low, prenats and uniquinol. I would hold off on the DHEA And Vitex till you speak with the RE. When is your appointment with the RE? 
  • I was lucky enough to get in Monday via a cancellation. Maybe since my Vitamin D is low and I'm only 3.5 months off OCPs, I'll still be ok. I guess the low estrogen & progesterone make me worried that even the follicles I do have are "low quality." I don't know if that's valid /if there's a way to improve that.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    @moose1100 Your RE will point you in the right direction on Monday on what to take. I would bring up the dhea and Vitex with her/him and see what they think. Have you gotten any other tests? HSG? Saline sono yet? Regardless if this is your first visit to the RE I’m sure they’ll run bloodwork and do an ultrasound at your first consultation and can count follicles that day too. Keep your head up!! 
  • @moose1100 , I can't speak about the low AMH, but I too have very low Vitamin D, mine was at 20 on my last blood work.  I'm taking 2000 of Vitamin D3 a day.  RE also has me taking CoQ10- 200mg three times a day and a multivitamin (I'm just starting my first IVF cycle). Speak with your RE before starting Dhea, as that can also increase testosterone levels.  Best wishes!!!
    Me 33, DH 39
    Poor Ovulation & MFI (very low for all counts)
    TTC #1 12/2006.
    Clomid for ovulation- 10/2007 & 11/2007- no effect- Told we'd never conceive naturally.
    Natural BFP- 10/2008, Miracle Boy born 6/18/2009

TTC #2- Since 6/2011
    1st RE apt- 2/2014
    TTC put on back burner 6/2014-1/2016
    Diagnosed w/ Thyroid Cancer- 3/2016, Radiation 9/2016 (no ttc x 1 yr)
    Resume RE- 9/2017- Myomectomy 6 Fibroids- 12/2017
    IVF w/ICSI #1- 8r,5m,5f, Transferred 1 5d blast, 0 made freeze. Bets #1-8dp= 7 :(