February 2018 Moms

Cholestasis

I wanted to see if there was anyone else out there who has cholestasis as well. We can b*tch about the itch together! 

I had it with DS1, so this time around I knew what to look for and was diagnosed at 29+5. I’m currently 33+2. 

What’s your plan of action? 

We had to do a c section with DS1 at 37 weeks, so we will do the same this go around as well. I’m on ursodiol, and have BPPs each week. 

Good of luck to you, and hope your pregnancies stay as uneventful as possible! 

Re: Cholestasis

• I had it as well with my daughter!  I had heard itching in pregnancy was normal, so with her I didn’t say anything to my Dr. until I was around 36 weeks.  I was induced at 37 weeks!
    Like you, this time I knew what to look out for, so found out around 30 weeks.  The itching isn’t horrible yet but I can tell it’s getting progressively more intense.  I have NSTs 1x a week for now, then will move to 2x a week until induction at 37 weeks.
  • @knew1212 it’s crazy how much quicker the symptoms became noticeable this time around. I am slowly feeling the itch increase as well. Hoping the ursodiol helps prevent the crazy, wake up nonstop itching nightmare that was last time. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!! And yay for not having to go longer than 37 weeks!! I am so ready to post my little man’s eviction notice. 3 more weeks for me! What about you? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking from March... and realize this thread is a few weeks old now... I'm on my second cholestasis pregnancy. I was diagnosed so early this time but thank goodness the urso has been doing it's job and I am not itchy very often!
  • It’s all good @scoogy19! It’s amazing how much the Urso helps. It have itching but nothing like my last pregnancy. I’m sorry you have to go through it again, but thankfully you knew what to look for this time around. My heart sank the first time I started scratching my palm. I knew it was game over. 

My weekly BPPs have been ok. I’ve had one overnight due to low fluids, and they were on the low side yesterday but not extreme enough to get readmitted. My little guy moves around all the time so I’m thankful for that reassurance. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing! 

How are are you doing @knew1212
  • mt-mt- member
    edited January 2018
    Have been lurking on here for a while. I was diagnosed with choleostasis in early December. Had never heard of it up until that point. I’d been diagnosed with hyperemesis and been out of work on disability since September and was expecting to go back before being diagnosed with the choleostasis. I guess I’m a magical “rare conditions” pregnancy unicorn... 

I found out last week I’ll be delivering right at 37 weeks on 1/31 via scheduled c-section. I had to have an emergency c-section with my daughter and while I was initially hoping for a VBAC it’s not an option. Slightly dreading c-section recovery with a two year old, but we’ll see. The itching has been kicked up the past couple of weeks and I am so over the twice weekly hospital visits on top of my regular OB appointments... so I guess it’s good he’ll be here in 10 days!!!

Hope you other itchy Mamas are doing well.
  • @mt-   our babies will be birthday buddies! My repeat c section is the 31st as well. I know it’s not the delivery plan you had hoped for, but from what I hear the c section itself is not nearly as bad the second time around compared to an emergency one. My first one had to be scheduled as well and it’s kind of nice being able to stroll up to the hospital as if you’re going for a regular appointment. 

Im sorry that you’ve had such a rough go this pregnancy! Thankfully the finish line is near. 

I hope your recovery goes smoothly once you’re home! I’m nervous about recovering at home with my DS. He gotta excited and unintentionally plays a little rough at times. 

Best of luck to you in the home stretch!! 
  • mt-mt- member
    edited January 2018
    @rachelleck Birthday buddies!!! You are having a boy as well, right? How old is your first son?

Yes, it’s so weird to think about just strolling up and knowing exactly when he’ll be here. I can’t say I mind that part much - it definitely made planning care for our daughter a lot easier for sure.

9 days!
  • rachelleckrachelleck member
    edited January 2018
    @mt-  my son is 2 1/2. Some days he’s wonderful, and other days he’s part terrorist.
  • rachelleckrachelleck member
    edited January 2018
    Looks like your daughter is 2 as well right? I’m thankful for the age gap. I feel like it’s pretty perfect. I only wish my son was potty trained. 

I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore!!! Thankful this is my last week of work, but I wouldn’t be disappointed one bit if they told me we needed to deliver this week instead. 

*Oh my gosh this app on my phone is killing meee. It only saves the first sentence and I’ve tried to edit it 5 times and won’t save it. Going to drive me into a hormonal rage! *
  • mt-mt- member
    edited January 2018
    @rachelleck Yes, my daughter is 2
    and a couple months (born November 2015)... LMAO at the “part terrorist” comment. I can identify. Mine can definitely bring out the sass when she wants to.

We decided we had to get her out of diapers before the next one came - luckily Daddy was a potty training superstar and took his “Oh Crap Potty Training” book very seriously and she has only had two accidents (day or night) since day 2 and it’s been a month now. Don’t know if we just got really lucky or what but it’s so much easier!!!

And ditto to the app sucking. I’ve legit posted and when I look most of it is missing. 

Good luck with this last week of work! 4 more days!!!!! And 8 more days til d-day ;-)
  • @mt- well birthday buddy, my little man has different plans! Wednesday at my BPP my fluids were on the low side. They had me do a repeat Thursday where they were even worse, so I got admitted. So Friday is D-Day! I’ve been given the first steroid shot and will receive another in the morning, and deliver around noon. Keep me posted on how you’re doing!! 
  • mt-mt- member
    @rachelleck Girl, I was almost in your boat!!!! Low fluids and high BP earlier this week and then wound up in L&D Wednesday night when my hands blew up and I started having shooting pains below my shoulder. Everything seemed to check out fine so I was discharged and then yesterday fluids were more normal and BP wasn’t worrisomly high so I’m still trucking on for now.

Thinking of you today as you welcome your sweet baby! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and can’t wait to see photos of LO!!!!!!!!!  
  • mt-mt- member
    @rachelleck Checking on you... hoping everything went well today and you’re busy snuggling with baby!!!
  • @rachelleck just saw your update... I hope your delivery went well and your little one is doing ok! 
  • mt-mt- member
    @rachelleck He’s soooo precious! Glad all went well - hope you get to go homw
    soon!!!
  • @rachelleck congrats! What a sweet little guy! <3 glad to hear everything went well!
  • Big prayers coming your way for a smooth delivery tomorrow @mt-!!!
  • mt-mt- member
    edited February 2018
    @rachelleck We made it! Nicklas Braden was born yesterday afternoon... he’s had some low blood sugar readings they’ve been monitoring but otherwise he’s a feisty little peanut. For whatever reason I’ve been itching LIKE CRAZY since the c-section but I think after 24 hours it’s starting to fade. Hallelujah!!! My daughter can’t wait to take him home!
  • @mt- he’s so perfect!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh man yes the itching came on super bad in the following couple of days and then wore off. I hope the blood sugars improve soon. So glad everything went well!!