March 2018 Moms

GTKY: DELIVERY ROOM PLAYLIST

So I have read up on women that like to have a playlist of their favorite music while in the delivery room. I've read it helps with labor and personally, I find music to be relaxing and distracting. I'm curious if you ladies have heard of this and if so, what music would you put on your playlist?

I'm trying to think of songs that would be good to labor to and push to. Thoughts? :)

And plus also, I love you guys! I can't believe we're almost to the end already! <3

Re: GTKY: DELIVERY ROOM PLAYLIST

• Loading the player...
  • Ladies, these are awesome so far! @mdfarmchick - I like the ball idea, I'm going to try that! Need something we can bounce gently to! lol
  • @stlbuckeye132- I love the 90's idea! Definitely have some N*SYNC on mine! haha! :D

@mdfarmchick - I would always fall asleep to anything on LMN when my DH was at work or I was home alone at night and I know my delivery room has TV.. I wonder if they have that channel??

• fatstagnationfatstagnation member
    edited February 2018
    I was thinking of starting this thread! So fun. Anyone else using Spotify?

I have very eclectic taste and am also making more than one list. So far I have a few hours of very relaxing music - kirtan stuff from yoga classes, ambient electronic and electronic with rhythm but not like pounding club music. 
    I plan to make something with a little more intensity, maybe some rock/pop, for if I want something to energize me, but I haven't worked on this one much. I listen to a lot of metal, but I just don't think I'm gonna want that! lol. 

Edit - re: TV I'm the opposite. If the tv is on, I have to pay attention and listen to every. single. word. I can't do anything else. hahaha 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @fatstagnation - I use iTunes. I pay the $9.99/month for the unlimited downloads!
  • @fatstagnation I'm using Spotify too, but honestly, I don't think I know how to use it to its fullest capacity. Any tips? haha
  • I am not organized enough to do this... plus we don't really have any good music program we use, so I'll probably use pandora! I wonder if I can set up our echo dot in the delivery room though?? 
  • stlbuckeye132  haha I'm new to spotify and can't even really figure out how to friend someone. lol I'm thinking I'll get the free trial of premium when I get close to my due date. Don't want commercials annoying me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @scoogy19 - I don't see why not!? lol
  • @fatstagnation I didn't even know you could friend people on spotify haha oh well! I'll figure it out enough to make it work! :)
  • I had used my regular playlists while in the hospital in labor and certain songs still remind me of when my kids were born. It was very nice and I found it relaxing. It also helped me focus. I used mostly light alt-rock. Lots of foster the people, imagine dragons, Black Keys and incubus.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a playlist with my first and didn't use it like I thought. This time I'm going to use Pandora and play different stations for different parts of the process...Enya, Tswift, Maroon 5... whatever I feel like.
    I pay the yearly fee, so no ads for me.
  • Is it inappropriate to have “Gorillas” by Bruno Mars on my list? Lol