September 2018 Moms
Options

First Week of September Check-In W/O Jan 26

Is it just me or are we the only week that has not started this yet this week??

If you’re due between Sept 1-7 this check in is for you! 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

How are things going? How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments? 

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc)

Any projects you’ve recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) 

Any household projects that have been on your list for awhile?

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting your house setup for baby?

Re: First Week of September Check-In W/O Jan 26

• Options
    Hi.. @born2run911 it's because last week's thread for this week started on the 18th.. so it was a week yesterday since it started. 

I'm 8 weeks, 5 days.

I'm an emotional mess. 

Next appointment is on Feb 20th. 12 week appointment.

I live in the worst apartment.. I swear! The only plus side is the proximity to both hospitals that my husband rotates at.

It just started this week.. but I'm trying to figure out how to turn one of our walk in closets into a nursery... baby will not be going in a corner.. but in a closet. haha.. 

The biggest challenge that I think is going to be trying to fit most of baby's stuff in a closet. I like to be super organized and I feel like the pressure is on. I've already started our registry and I'm putting stuff on it that I know would fit in there. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    8w5d Wild strawberry 

Nauseous and exhausted. Having to deal with some not so great smells in the OR and ER at work. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Feb 19th, should be 12 weeks 

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc)
    I hate where and what we live in. We live in a 5th wheel camper right beside my parents. Currently in the process of trying to find a home to buy. 

Nothing but excited to in the future. 

see above 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting your house setup for baby?
    It depends on how big of a house we find. If we buy a 3 bedroom house then we have to figure out who will share a room. If we find a 4 bedroom we will go from there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8+1. 

Much better the past few days in terms of nausea. Otherwise pretty good. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Ultrasound #2 with my OB 1/30
    Ultrasound #1 with MFM 2/15 

I live in Manhattan, so food, culture, interesting people. Our building in particular has a rooftop swimming pool and excellent gym I’m looking forward to getting back to when I have some energy again. 

no

buy a house... in SoCal! 

We have to find, purchase and move into a house before week 30-32 of pregnancy. All this will be done while living across the country and while working two FT jobs. We have our first realtor appointment next weekend. 
  • Options
    Happy Saturday! 

I need to freak out real quick - we sent our “surprise, we are expexting” type gifts to our families (we live across the country) to arrive today. When they arrive, there’s a note that says to wait and we’ll Facetime when they open them. So today’s the day! And I’m freaking out haha 

How far along are you? 8 weeks

How are things going? How are you feeling? Mind numbingly exhausted. So far (knock on wood) it has been my only symptom. 

Upcoming appointments? I’m having tests done in two weeks and my np made me incredibly nervous. She prefaced everything with a flat “since you’re 35”. Thanks, I’m aware and I’m ok with it!

What is your favourite thing about where you live? We live walking distance to the downtown of a really cute little town, with an amazing farmers market every Sunday. Too bad I’m too tired/lazy to walk lol 

Any projects you’ve recently done around the house? We rent and I can’t do anything I want :( 

Any household projects that have been on your list for awhile? Get a house lol 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting your house setup for baby? We rent a 2bd apt. Time to start thinking about buying, but we live in the silicon valley and houses are just insanely expensive. I work in real estate so I’ll have experts to help but it’s still tough. 
  • Options
    8w5d...strawberry I guess? I haven’t been keeping track. 

Lots of nausea but not throwing up, thankfully. Some food aversions and mostly just utterly exhausted all the time. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Dating US Monday. Praying we get good news and they confirm that I’m not due in August like I already know. 

I love our house and neighborhood. It’s very family friendly. DH and I joke all the time that we didn’t buy a house, we bought a neighborhood. It’s a nice quiet subdivision where kids kind of roam from yard to yard in the summer. It’s fun. 

We moved in a little over 2 years ago and are still working on decorating and putting things on our walls. It probably didn’t help that we completely repainted and recarpeted the whole place when we moved in, so that kind of zapped our energy for getting more done, plus we had DS. I’m hoping we get the place more homey before #2 shows up. 

See above. Haha! Also we have a mostly empty formal living room that I hope to furnish soon. 

We already look like Babies R Us exploded in our house, so there’s that. We just have to convert our spare bedroom into a nursery, which doesn’t have to happen right away, as LO will sleep in the cosleeper for the first few months. We are in the process of baby-proofing with my super mobile 10 month old, so that will be done! (One perk of 2u2!)

• Options
    born2run911born2run911 member
    edited January 2018

9 weeks and something, strawberry/olive

How are you feeling?

Continued nausea and vomiting. Picked up some B6 and I actually think it may be helping. Thank. Goodness. 

Upcoming appointments?

Very first apt this Wed at 10 weeks. Just the initial blood work and get my first ultrasound ordered within the next couple weeks. 

What is your favourite thing about where you live?

We live in a rural community with a population of 800. It’s really cute and close knit. We just moved into our house almost 2 years ago. The view in our backyard is my favourite. It backs onto a cornfield and when the corn is down you can see for miles and I love sitting out on our deck. 

Recent projects around the house? 

Not currently working on anything. Will need to do some painting and switch our babe into a toddler bed before the new one comes. 

@megnwingate hopefully you guys can find a place soon. I know what it’s like moving 8 months pregnant and it’s no fun!

@ah1982 it sounds really nice where you live!

@smsaulino I’m sure you can make your apartment perfect for the babe:) 
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Feeling exhausted and every afternoon/evening I’m pretty nauseous. It’s been rough.

My first official appointment isn’t until Feb 15th, with the NP.

We bout our house about a year and a half ago...moved in when my daughter was almost 4 months. It was a busy time!

We love that is a great family neighborhood, walking distance to some shops and restaurants, and just a few miles outside Boston. 

We actually have a contractor coming out next week to give an estimate for putting in a master bath! Might not be able to afford it immediately, but at least we’re getting the ball rolling. 

We we have a spare room that we don’t use for anything, so just have to clean out the few random old furniture pieces we have in there, and I can go nuts making it the nursery. Won’t even need to paint, just buy furniture and accessories, and new curtains.

• Options
    8+5 According to thbe bump, raspberry

Blah. Nauseated all day and my meds make me sleepy. You know, cause I’m not already tired with two kids. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Just had my first appt yesterday. First ultrasound is set for 2/23. Next appt isn’t until March 6. My practice changed their protocol for appts every six weeks now instead of four. 

We Love our location. We’re close to everything and have a great yard. 

We’re getting our house ready to sell. With baby #3, we’ve outgrown our house. 

See above

Selling our house and finding a new one that we love in our same area. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    8+5: somewhere between raspberry and cherry.

The nausea has let up a little bit though I almost threw up last night. I finally had a meal I actually liked instead of just tolerating food and hoping it stays down. Also, I’m SO sleepy! I couldn’t wait to get DS down for a nap today so i could take my own!

Upcoming appointments? 
    10 week bloodwork on 2/6, 12 week ultrasound on 2/20.

We live in the city proper but outside of the downtown area, so it’s like we’re in a secret suburb with stand-alone houses and yards—we get the best of both worlds. It’s only a 15 minute drive to downtown, so I didn’t need to change anything I was doing when we lived in the heart of the city, though I miss walking everywhere.

I work in education, so over winter break we did a lot of work. We moved into a flipped house almost two years ago and while much of the flip is great, some of it was shoddily done. We replaced two bannisters now that DS is using them to get up/down the stairs, had a new rod put in our coat closet, and had a new door frame cut into our basement (before, you had to walk through a bedroom to get to the playroom but now there’s direct access). We’ve also had empty walls in our living room since we moved in—we already had what we wanted to put on the walls but we never hung it up. We finally did that’s over break too. It feels SO much more like we actually live here now. 

We moved into this house out of necessity because we were in a condo that had a huge fire when DS was 2.5 months old. Because of this, insurance packed everything up and had i cleaned and delivered months later when we moved. We had a spare bedroom and that’s where’s all of it went—but now that is going to become DS’s bedroom and it is still full of still (I’m kind of embarrassed about it). We are in the process of cleaning it out so we can turn it into a bedroom by the summer. 

See response to previous question!
  • Options
    @ah1982 how did the announcements go?
  • Options
    @CSchoFink I'm glad you guys weren't hurt in the fire! Did any of your stuff get damaged?
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 9w2d, the size of a cherry I think.

How are things going? How are you feeling? I’ve been sick for about 4-5 days now and this cold would have been gone if I could take any of the good meds. My mom gave DD a bath and bottle last night and rocked her to sleep while I took a nap which was so badly needed.

Upcoming appointments? NT scan on 2/15, then OB appt. 6 days later.

What is your favourite thing about where you live? (House, neighbourhood, region etc) we’re close to 2 parks, the mall, restaurants, and 7 minutes driving from my parents house. There are also tons of kids on our street and we are really close to an amazing public elementary school.

Any projects you’ve recently done around the house? (AWs encouraged) No, we’re trying to decide if we are going to move or add on another bedroom and bathroom here. We’ll only move in our neighborhood or my parent’s so options in our price range are VERY limited. We have 2 open houses to go to today.

Any household projects that have been on your list for awhile? I have to clean up piles of stuff but we have practically no storage space so I don’t know where it will go. 

What do you think your biggest challenge will be getting your house setup for baby? Either finding a new one or doing the construction for another room. We could easily pay for the construction but it would mean losing most of our already small backyard. We’d also probably have to move in with my parents for a little while which isn’t a huge deal since they are awesome and so helpful with DD (plus at their house the nursery is next to their room and the guest room is far away, so they’d get the early wake ups).
  • Options
    @starla A lot of our big furniture pieces did—we had more smoke and water damage than anything because the building (luckily) has a billion sprinklers, but it started in the unit next to ours so the smoke damage was bad. We had to replace all soft, big furniture (beds, couches, etc.) and the entire nursery (because it’s not just water coming out of the sprinklers and the chemicals they would have had to use to clean is stuff wouldn’t be safe for a baby). Everything else had to be treated and cleaned. Thankfully, insurance covered most of it. 

At this point, it’s been a little more than 2 years since the fire and 1.5 years since we moved into our house and I’m SO happy that it’s becoming a more distant memory every day.
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    edited January 2018
    @CSchoFink Wow that's rough. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, but glad you weren't hurt. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    8+3, and idk, some sort of berry seems to be the theme this week.
    Going OK, actually feeling slightly more human this week, so that's super awesome. Still exhausted constantly, but unable to fall asleep at night, or fall back to sleep after my son wakes me up at 4.
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Still waiting for my first one...it's in 2 weeks...
    We're on 1/2 an acre, on a dead end street, backing up to a cornfield, yet still have many places we can walk to (including the downtown area of our little town!)
    Lol, well we moved in at the end of October, and then with todder, holidays, emergency trip to Florida, and now pregnant...there's a lot we need to do. Like finish getting settled - shelves and pictures onto walls so I can finally organize the last of my pretty things
    Also need to split and cut up a tree so we have firewood for our fireplace, lol, cuz we're so on top of things.
    Figuring out where baby will go when he/she moves out of our room. Do we plan for them to share a room at 1ish and 3? Idk. If not, then we're going to have to move our office downstairs. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @starla Thanks! Me too!
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor Well, we're really spoiled, and have a 4 bedroom, lol. But, bedroom 4 is in the basement. right now it's our guest room, but plans are to make it into the master...once our youngest is at least 8. But, no reason it can't double as guest room and office. But, at the same time, we might want two boys to share their room for a while (if number 2 is a boy) just so that later when they get their own room, they appreciate it, or something. 

Either way, we're so lucky we found an old home with a lot of space that was in great shape, so we have so many options. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    8 weeks 6 days

Feeling good! Just tired

Upcoming appointments? 
    February 7th

We recently moved to the mountains and it’s amazing! We’ve longed to live here for years and this year we were so blessed to get to do it! We have an amazing house, in a wonderful neighborhood! Just tonight, hubby and I were talking about how freaking blessed we are by this awesome house!

Does cleaning count? Ha! When our oven broke last week, it made 4 of 4 of our kitchen appliances were functionally broken, so we pulled the trigger early and ordered all new appliances (we’ve been planning for this expense since we moved in). They are being delivered Friday, I am SO EXCITED!

Definitely our appliances, but nothing else major is in the budget for this year. We just reorganized the garage today so that we can move our current fridge into the garage and also so hubby can have a little area for a home gym. 

We are going to keep our guest room and keep the nursery as a nursery, so my daughter whose currently in the nursery will start sharing a room with her sister. As I get closer to September, I’m going to have to start prepping my oldest for that, but the whole reason she asked for a bunk bed was so that her baby sister could someday sleep on the bottom! She’s always been so loving and sweet to her baby, I’m so thankful for her precious sister heart!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dexnie where in SoCal are you looking?
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 north county SD. Are you nearby?
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor I’m already taking two at night, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. All of that and it’s still only taking the edge off. Blah
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    ashh2018 said:
    @ah1982 how did the announcements go?
    Good, thanks!! I was so nervous haha. My mom cried a lot, as could be expected. My FIL started laughing hysterically! I wish I had taken pics of the stuff I sent but I was so nervous I didn’t think about t. FIL sent a pic of his:
    I’m sorry it looks like I tagged the wrong person!! Glad they went well that’s so cute!
  • Options
    Thanks @born2run911 and everyone else who tagged me! I definitely can’t take credit for the idea - I think I saw it on Pinterest or something. 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 that is ADORABLE! i actually haven't seen that idea before, how cute!

• Options
    @dexnie I’m up in LA. I lived in SD (downtown) for a while... if my family weren’t all in LA I’d move back there in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor That bathroom is beautiful! So jealous!

@pourmeamocktail I’m hoping that if this is another boy they can eventually bunk together. We have four bedrooms but one is a home office and another is a guest bedroom. I will be sad to give up our guest bedroom, but that may be the impetus we need to get our basement finished. Bunking I think would be fun and easy when the kids are past the toddler stage.