Infertility

Good morning! I am a new member who has been battling infertility for some years now. 

A little about us....
I am 33 years old and my DH just turned 40. We have been married for 11 years now ( yeah I was young when we got married) and have now been TTC for 6 years. 

After a a couple of doctor’s appointments and testing, we found the source of our problem was coming from my DH. He has low numbers (15 million- single digit numbers) and low motility. We have tried male fertility supplements and lifestyle changes with no luck. Late last year we tried a round of IUI with no success. After talking with our doctor, and seeing what his numbers did after the seman wash, she advised us to move to IVF. So here we are.....we will be starting our first cycle at the end of March.  

I decided to join this group because I was looking for a place where I can get encouragement ( from those who know exactly what I’m/ we’re going through) on my difficult days and to share the small success that others may not understand. My DH is VERY supportive but there are times he just doesn’t quite understand....me being the emotional woman I can be. 

I look forward to talking to everyone!

Re: New member

• Wishing you lots of luck on your upcoming cycle!

We are dealing with MFI too...around 2 million count on average with low motility, low morphology, and fair to poor dna fragmentation. We will be starting our 3rd IVF cycle in about 2 weeks, with no THB, yet.

Is your hubby on any supplements? Mine has been on coq10, per RE’s instructions, and I also have him taking fertilaid. My RE also has me taking coq10, prenatals, fish oil, vitamin d and vitamin e to produce stronger eggs, as sometimes strong eggs are able to repair sperm damage.

Sending you lots of baby dust!!! 
  • Thanks for the baby dust...sending some back to you!!!

We have him on a motility boost and a fertility multivitamin. Unfortunately we haven’t seen too much of a boost but every little thing helps. I am currently on all of the same vitamins as you except for coq10 and with the addition of metformin. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!! Good luck on your IVF!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Wishing you lots of luck!