August 2018 Moms
Options

Ticker Change Tuesday! 1/30

How many weeks are you/baby's size?

How are you feeling?

Any appts this week?

Rants/raves/questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time?

Re: Ticker Change Tuesday! 1/30

• Options
    Great minds think alike! Looks like we posted Tuesday's ticker at the same time. I'll delete mine so it doesn't get too confusing.
  • Options
    12 weeks and the size of a plum

How are you feeling?
    It depends on the day. MS is finally letting up but on the days it comes back its really bad.

Any appts this week?
    We had our NT scan yesterday and baby didn't cooperate so we go back on Friday.

Rants/raves/questions?
    I was so so sick yesterday and my 2yo DD was the sweetest. While I was hugging the toilet she was rubbing my back and pushing the hair out of my face while saying " its a be ok momma". Ususally she is a sassy, independent, no cuddles kind of girl so it was adorable to see her like that. 

Fall! Going to the pumpkin patch is definitely a favorite!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry @melbel0824 ! If you want it from now on that's totally fine! 
  • Options

How many weeks are you/baby's size? 10, the size of a golden snitch! I'm such a Harry Potter ne I love that!

How are you feeling? Pretty good. The nausea is so much better now that I’m on Diceglis so I’m starting to feel more like myself. Except for wanting to go to bed at 730 every night.

Any appts this week? Nope

Rants/raves/questions? If you did maternity/newborn photos how much did you pay for them? I really want them, but I also don’t want to spend a fortune on them.

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time? I also love fall because the weather is great and its football season. I live in Virginia and the leaves changing always make me happy.

• Options
    @melbel0824 that is an awesome size comparison! I did newborn photos and she charged $150 for the session and another $150 for the CD and full rights to print them. Fall leaves are the best!!!
  • Options
    14w, peach. 

How are you feeling?
    MS is pretty much gone for good but pops up randomly some days in the evenings. Still tired, but that’s getting better too. Overall, hello 2nd tri, lovely to see you! 

Any appts this week?
    Nope. 

Rants/raves/questions?
    I’m absolutely loving the little flutters! 

Summer! I like going swimming but honestly I just love summer for the longer daylight, my mood is so much better in the summer. 
  • Options
    How many weeks are you/baby's size? 10 weeks today -- Bump tells me we are strawberry-sized.

How are you feeling? Same as always, nothing exciting to report. At all.

Any appts this week? I'm going in for my blood work/genetic screening later this week ahead of our 12 week ultrasound coming up.

Rants/raves/questions? Rant: I've been having such back pain already. I am blaming it on the fact that I now have a 20+lb toddler to haul around. But I ended up with back back pain later on with DS since he was posterior until the end. Hoping that will not be the case with this one!

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time? Summer, of course! The beach, the pool, warm weather and sunshine -- count me in. I was pregnant for the entire summer in my last pregnancy (due in Oct), and survived. Hopefully being even more pregnant in the heat of summer this time around won't be too much worse.

• Options
    12 - Army man
    How are you feeling?
    Same. Max dose of diclegis and still nauseous most of the time. But I'm trying to be optimistic that it will be gone soon with the end of 1st Tri in sight!
    Any appts this week?
    Going today! My mom is coming along to, to help wrangle DS. Hoping they can hear the baby on the doppler. With my appointment at this time with DS they couldn't find it because of my anterior placenta. They didn't say I have one this time, but I also didn't ask. 
    Rants/raves/questions?
    I may be nauseous, but I do feel like I have a bit more energy lately. May actually take our Facebook announcement photo today. Actually getting stuff done around the house. Hope this is a sign of things getting easier!
    Fall, and I LOVE our state fair. This baby will only be 6 weeks old when it starts this year, but we are still going!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @lalala2004 The Texas state fair? I think I remember you said you're in Texas. I love the Texas state fair. I grew up in Plano, so I've been lots.
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    @melbel0824 we did newborn photos and she charged $250. She’s a good friend of my sister’s, so that may have been a discounted rate. Worth every penny, though. 

FWIW, I prefer newborn pics over maternity. After two kids, I never have the urge to go back and see pictures of me pregnant, but the pictures of my babies are priceless. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    How many weeks are you/baby's size? 11 weeks / lime 

How are you feeling? I’m having less sickness. I still do feel nauseous daily, but not ALL day, so that’s been an improvement. 

Any appts this week? Yes! Nurse and OB appointment tomorrow. 

Rants/raves/questions? I had my NIPT blood draw on Thursday last week, so I’m anxiously awaiting those results. I’m also trying to book a trip to Disney with DS1 and my grandma for May. Am I horrible if I leave DS2 with DH? He’ll only be 18 months, so he won’t realize... I just would love a few days to spend with just DS1 before he’s “competing” with two younger siblings. He’s such a sweet big brother. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time?  I’m currently wrapped up in my full clothes, boots and a hoodie, with a big fleece blanket wrapped around me. So, right now, I’m dreaming of summer. But, really spring and fall are nicer temps. It’s in the mid-90s generally here in the summer, so this summer should be interesting. I have Nov and Dec babies, so I’ve never been fully pregnant during the hottest months! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am 13 weeks - baby is a lemon

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good!  Just don't feel like going to work and would prefer to lay around all day :)

Any appts this week?
    Nope, had one last week.  Next one not until 17ish weeks because my Dr. is on vacay during my 16th week.

Rants/raves/questions?
    I wish I didn't have to work LOL I feel like a high school senior that knows they're graduating soon.  Even though I will be back to work after 12 weeks, I feel like I can't even focus or care right now for the next 6 months!  

Hmmmm I guess I like spring the best - I don't like super heat or humidity and I HATE the cold.  I love just to lay in the hammock and read.
  • Options
    How many weeks are you/baby's size? 10 weeks-kumquat

How are you feeling?  awful. My morning sickness comes and goes but it’s been bad the past few days. Diclegis makes me feel dizzy and gives me an awful metallic taste so I only feel like taking it if the nausea gets unbearable. 

Any appts this week? no

Rants/raves/questions? I just feel, after 4 weeks of nausea, like I’m at my breaking point. Work has been tough and I’ve been severely slacking. I’ve also had a hard time keeping up with the toddler. He’s kind of catching on and wants to nurse more to spend time with me since that’s pretty much all I feel like doing with him :( I know it’ll get better. 2 more weeks and I should be fine. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time?  fall! I love the crisp cool feeling in the air and change of leaves. I’d say my new favorite thing is the pumpkin patch with DS!
  • Options
    @melbel0824 what app are you using for baby size comparison? I need it! 

I did both maternity and newborn. Maternity was $300 for an hour and high res digital of everything. I love how they turned out and when I miss being pregnant (not now, I hate it right now) I like to go back and look at my belly. I loved it once I got past the morning sickness. I did newborn in the hospital, they do some day of thing that was $150. I wasn’t in any of those because I didn’t want to move. We did a family session at JCP for under $100 and they were ok. This time around I’m thinking of hiring someone to come to my house and do lifestyle pictures. I will be doing maternity pictures this time around as well. We have more money so we can afford to go more pro this time with maternity and newborn. 
  • Options
    How many weeks are you/baby's size? Baby is the size of a plum and I am 12 weeks. YaY. 

How are you feeling? Much better got some things done around the house this evening and got a good portion of my work done today. 

Any appts this week? Yes I have a appt with the Perinatal on Thursday and I see my OB 
    On Friday. 

Rants/raves/questions? I definitely am showing a lot quicker than I did the first time around. Even though I haven’t ate much over the last 12 weeks, I can’t help but feel fat. It is making it more and more difficult to hide my belly. After I receive my genetics testing I am going to start telling people. 

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time? I love summer. I love the pool and I love the beach. I don’t live to far from the beach, but it seems that now Ibhave DD we don’t go as much because it is a lot to get prepared to go. 
  • Options
    I also did newbornnin the hospital and they were fine. I will do for this baby as well. I definitely want to do maternity pics. This is most likely our last so I want to make sure I have some. 
  • Options
    @bellamy9 I like babysizer.com for the sizes. It has a few different categories and they're a lot more fun than the standard fruits and vegetables.

Thanks to all you ladies I booked a photographer last night. I started following a girl I liked on Facebook and she had a sale so I'm getting maternity, newborn, 6 month, and a cake smash for $375. That was too good of a deal to pass up.
  • Options
    @melbel0824 that’s an awesome deal!!! I know price varies based on where you live but I’m jealous! 
  • Options
    How many weeks are you/baby's size? 11 weeks, a lime

How are you feeling? feeling fine but I have lost my appetite this week.  Nothing is appealing

Any appts this week? Nope.  Had my DNA free cell on Friday so just stalking the site for the results! 

Rants/raves/questions?  Anyone else experiencing the most ridiculous hair growth? I literally cannot keep up with the shaving.  My legs, bikini, armpits, etc.  anywhere I have to shave, the hair is growing in thick and fast!   

GTKY: What is your favorite season and activity to do during that time? I love spring to go hiking and play with the kids outside.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @lalala2004 The Texas state fair? I think I remember you said you're in Texas. I love the Texas state fair. I grew up in Plano, so I've been lots.
    Yes! I always go at least twice. But we have discovered that once is probably plenty when taking DS! :grimace:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers