TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro TW

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while but about the start trying again so thought I would introduce myself.
Came off the pill in May and conceived 4 months later (first pregnancy). Went for my dating scan at 9 weeks and the baby was only 6w3d and no heartbeat, a few more tests confirmed I had a mmc. We first tried the pills but that didn't work so ended up having a d&c. 
After I stopped bleeding from surgery, I had some spotting then finally a very short light period. Like clockwork my second one has come now but it is insanely heavy with very large clots. At any rate I have waited as long as my midwife advised so while I am scared out of my mind that this might happen again I really can't wait to start ttc.

Re: Intro TW

• Options
    Sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the group
  • Options
    lokibear89  Sorry for your loss and that the pills didn't work so you've been drug through this process for a while! Welcome to our group. Also, I know the fear is there and it's not always comforting to hear, but MC is common and many come to this group and 2-9 months later get a BFP and are gone. Those of us who are here for years with RPL are actually rare and the exception, rather than the rule!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lokibear89 im so sorry for your loss but welcome to the group. It’s tough mentally to start trying again after a loss, but like @dpjennifer said above, statistics are in your favor to go on to have a healthy pregnancy after a loss, so I hope that’s the case for you. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the group. GL!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for loss. Know that your feelings are valid and normal. Welcome to the group. I hope your stay here is short.
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss, but welcome to the group.

Having kind of weird cycles after a d&c can be normal, so try not to get too worried about it- although it sounds like your midwife is helpful and supportive so that is great.
  • Options
    so sorry for your loss, I hope you can find comfort in this group
  • Options
    Thanks all :)
    @lin0442 the midwife ( only one on the island i live on) is also a nurse working next door to me (I am a pharmacist). So it's quite easy to pester her when she comes in to drop off a script 
  • Options
    Welcome.  I hope you don’t need to be here for long!
  • Options
    @lokibear89 - I am so so sorry for your loss.  I had to have laparoscopic surgery at 9 weeks so I know your pain all too well.   I had the same thing happen with blood cots after and it was really scary.  Now I know that it was normal unfortunately and nothing to worry about. If you need anyone to talk to or ask questions I'm here for you.  Our procedures were a little different but I went through the same thing with recovering.  I basically just slept and snuggled my dog and heating pad for a straight week. I hope you have a smooth recovering and again I'm so very sorry you are going through this.  
  • Options
    @lokibear89 I am sorry for your loss. FWIW, I was so surprised at the heaviness of AF after the D&C. I barely bled after the D&C but AF (I can't remember if it was the first or second AF) afterward was horrendous - super heavy with lots of clots. I thought it would have been lighter given the fact that my ute was just scraped clean, but I guess not. I hear heavy AFs post D&C are pretty normal though. Hope your stay here is short!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the group.  I also had a MMC and D&C.  I hope you find the support you need here on your TTCAL journey <3
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss, and welcome to the board.  I had a D&C almost two weeks ago and I'm waiting for my first AF.  It's scary not knowing what to expect and being unsure of what your body is going to do.  I hope your stay here is short :)