Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tues 1/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits?

Re: WTO Tues 1/30

• Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 
    sexing

R/R: 
    The active situation on campus is still going on this morning.  They opened up some more roads in the area but have kept the gym directly behind the hotel closed… guess I won’t be working out again today.  I did see some security/swat team going into the gym yesterday afternoon with sniper rifle looking bags… scary shit. Hopefully it will all be resolved peacefully soon.

CS/Q: Does anyone actually have ovulation cramps/pain?  I’m super skeptical to call the pain I was having yesterday ovulation pain but at the same time… maybe it was? It started mid-morning, lasting through the night. Only on my right side, very low in the pelvic area. It got worse when I sat up straight and felt better being hunched over.  It wasn’t so severe that I had to stop what I was doing but it was bad enough that I noticed it all day. In reality it most likely was just gas or a pulled muscle from awkward new BD positions… But of course I tried to consult google and instantly regretted it.

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits?
    Nope. Unless there is a special event then maybe, but not always.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 Yikes that the situation is still ongoing! Regarding O pain, I rarely get it, but when I do it lasts a couple of hours and feels like period cramps, usually on just one side.

Month/Cycle: 11/12

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: trying on our own

R/R: Sorry I've been terrible at responding to tags! Being back at work is busy. For those who asked yesterday, I teach psychology, and I'm teaching two sections of intro psych right now. Feeling a bit sleepy today because I got up earlier than I would have liked due to an annoying kitty.

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? Ha! Only if I'm going to a wedding or something fancy. Otherwise I pull out whatever I can reach that isn't too wrinkly.
  • Loading the player...
  • @LJMoon6 That's so scary about the active situation on campus!! Hopefully they get it all worked out soon. Also, I do have ovulation pain, and it sounds like yours is probably O pain as well since it's on one side. Is this the first month you've ever experience this?

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R: Rant: My OB hasn't called me back yet! I may call again today, I just don't want to seem like a crazy person. Rave: Temping has been interesting. I'm interested to see how it pans out this week.

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? Sometimes! I use Pinterest a lot to get ideas for events, but definitely not everyday! 
  • Month/Cycle:15/15

CD:10

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Frosty jog this morning brrr!! 

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? only for special events 
  • @LJMoon6 Yikes! I hope it gets resolved soon! That sounds about how my O pain is when I get it - like cramps on one side and lasts anywhere from a few hours to most of the day. I assume that's what it is anyways!
    @darkstar42 I love psychology - it's so fascinating! When I first went to university I was planning on a science degree until I took a psych course in my first year and fell in love. I have a child development psych degree now and I'm pretty certain I would have been better off with the science degree, lol!
    @meladams10 I hope your OB calls you back today - I hate waiting on responses and getting radio silence!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: All the things

R/R: Rave: Finally got a positive OPK last night! It's odd that I had no darkening of the line leading up but I'll take it - once they go negative again I'll switch over to the TWW board since I'm not temping and won't know forsure which day O happens. Rant: Staff meetings the next three days which means being stuck in the office all day - I love the women I work for but I have such trouble focusing when we're trapped in a room for 8 hours, especially as some of our team members often bring up stuff totally off topic which derails everything so it takes way longer than necessary.

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? For anything important, definitely. For everyday generally not.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited January 2018
    @darkstar42 That's good to know I'm not alone.  I loved psychology in high school.  When I decided to go back to school for a second degree I considered phych.  But it would be so hard to get a job with just an undergrad degree (although I'm sure that can be said about a lot of degrees). I'm assuming you have a PhD? I was accepted into a graduate program for physics last year but decided to turn it down... I wanted to start a family instead. I just didn't realize it was going to take this long.
    @meladams10 No, I have had this pain before, but I never "connected the dots" with it being ovulation pain (this is only my 3rd month using OPKs). The first month I had a sharper pain that only lasted a few minutes, the second month i didn't feel anything, and now this month has been different again (but something I have felt before). I'm concerned (thank you google) that it could be a cyst that I'm feeling or possible sign of endometriosis. It's helping to hear others ovulation pain stories. 

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Month/Cycle: 13/5

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: Nothing at the moment but vitamins, cutting caffeine, and working on limiting excess sugar

R/R: Still spotting of course, and cramping. I'm wondering if my fibroid has grown. It would explain the extra spotting/bleeding. I've got my first appointment scheduled for the 20th. 

GTKY: No, definitely not. Even when I was working I always wore scrubs, or a uniform
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• My OB called and I have an appointment 2/15! Yay. 
    @darkstar42 I love psychology/psychiatry. I'm a psychiatry residency manager and it's so interesting! 
    @elothair Yay for a positive OPK! Hopefully your meetings won't be too bad. Sometimes people just want to hear themselves speak and go on random tangents.. very annoying! 
    @LJMoon6 Sounds like you should be okay! I mentioned mine to my OB during my last appointment and she didn't seem concerned. I have a love/hate relationship with Google.. it definitely makes you think the worst! Hopefully we're just a few of the lucky ones who know when we're Oing!
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1 (Funny story..yesterday was only spotting...so no red flow until 1:30AM last night. So technically today is my cycle day 1, yesterday wasn't...ugh.)

WAYDTGKU: Well...right now nothing due to AF. lol

R/R: SO sorry, this is going to be long. I just have to get it out, whether or not anyone reads it.

I had a rough night, and a rough morning. It all started last night as DH and I were getting ready to get into bed at 11:00pm. Well, one of my cats vomited on the bed. And we don't have extra sets of sheets or comforters. So I had to clean it best I could and pretty much sleep in cat vomit. I also had SO much anxiety last night and this lasted until about 2:30AM. I COULD NOT GO TO SLEEP. My eyes were so tired, but my heart was racing and I could not fall asleep. I had to pee at about 1:30AM, and on the way to the bathroom I stepped in a SECOND pile of cat vomit. SO angry. Finally get to sleep somehow after 2:30AM. Then like clockwork, the puppy barks to be let outside at 6:45pm. I AM EXHAUSTED. I get up to let him out...I STEP IN A EFFING THIRD pile of cat vomit! I AM LIVID. I get through my coffee and watch the latest episode of The Resident until DH gets up to get ready for work. (Note: One of my cats has been vomiting for years. The vet took an x-ray of his stomach and says he is fine and it could be just the type of food. We have tried about 6 different brands...dry food...wet food...wet and dry food...everything. We have tried free feeding. We have tried feeding him small amounts 5 times a day. NOTHING WORKS. There are about 15 piles of puke under our bed that I can't get to on a daily basis and it's effing disgusting and I have to pretend that there is nothing under there to get through the night.)

I then have a sobbing breakdown this morning as DH comforts me. I DO cry, but I usually do it in private. The number of times I've cried hard around my DH can be counted on one hand. I looked for my xanax that I was prescribed back in 2014. (I only ever took it when absolutely necessary, so I have over half a script left.). Of course, it said discard after 8/2015. So that's useless. We don't have proper healthcare (We are CHM members, so technically out of pocket patients unless something costs over $500 for me) so I can't really afford to go pay for a doctor visit to prescribe me any. (Is that even safe while TTC?).

My anxiety is through the roof. We are struggling HARD HARD HARD financially. We had to take out money from our 401K this month (BAD NO NO). My husbands job has been promising a sales promotion since January 2017. They put it off every few months. He works his ass off for them. He even goes to the bi-monthly sales meetings even though he isn't a salesman, just to meet people and show them how committed he is. *TW Child mentioning* I have asked husband if I should go to work, and he says he doesn't want to put DS in daycare, that it just eats too much of any money I would be getting. Which I do agree with, but even an extra $300 a month will work *End TW* Last year I had a few part time jobs, but due to different circumstances, I've had to leave, or it was a temp job. I can't find anything that works with our schedule. We are bid Dave Ramsey fans and we have followed his baby step plan and we want out of debt. Thank goodness we have no car debt or credit card debt, but since we don't use credit cards, when we run out of money...we are OUT. We don't charge anything. We depleted our savings last month so I am petrified of anything happening. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Between dealing with cat vomits all day, our finances, our TTC, and training a puppy I lose my mind and I am so worried about my anxiety and I don't know if I am depressed, or on the verge of it, or if it's just everything with my hormones going crazy. I am just...done...

Sorry for all that. I think just letting it out may help. Maybe?...

Here is a Rave though...I look so forward to reading the boards and learning about everyone here. I can tell this is just what I needed. All you girls are in my prayers daily.

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? I don't. Haha, I am in need of real clothes so badly. I have like 2 cute outfits, which consists of a fairly cute top and jeans. Everything else is t-shirts. If we ever have money again, I really need some clothes to make me feel pretty.
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @meladams10 - so glad your OB called you back and you have an appointment! let us know if you want a chart stalk for temps. Did you start during AF or after? Mine always look crazier if I start during AF. PS - did we forget CS/Q in today's post? 

@LJMoon6 - i tend to get some funny cramps myself - some stabby, some twingy, around O, but I've never been able to pinpoint any of them as O pain. You're inspiring me to mark them as cramps in my chart and then see what day i O next cycle and see if I can tell if they are O cramps OR just random twinges. With my luck, they're just random twinges. Maybe yours will tell a different story. 

@darkstar42 - bad kitty! mine used to wake me up at 4 am b/c she wanted to play. :( hoping for less annoying behavior tonight! how did classes go yesterday? 

@Stargazer1lily - kudos on the frosty jog! I went to the gym this morning, but would NOT have worked out outside. Deep respect, lady!

@elothair - YAY for positive OPK! Ugh - staff meetings stink. Hope the side chatter is kept to a minimum. 

@josie12367 - ugh, excess sugar. that is my weakness. I love sweets so much. 

I'm glad you have an appointment, though. I hope they can figure out what's causing your spotting, your cycles are super evil. :( 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: PNV, temping, charting, OPK's, B complex

R/R: temp dip yesterday with small rise today. But i've had slow rises the last few months so I'll just worry if it doesn't continue to go up. If yesterday was O, we got decent timing in. 

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? Only for the gym, does that count? I don't like looking like one of the people of wal-mart when I'm working out so I try to make sure my outfit is cute. But I work at home so for the rest of the time, it's like, these are clean. may not even match.  :p 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 lol! That grumpy cat meme made me smile so big. Thanks for that! To help with sweets I've been putting portions of sweets into Ziploc baggies, and allowing myself only one a day. If portion control with sweets is your main fault then you might want to try it

• @josie12367 - i'll have to try that! I bought protein gummies (lower sugar) that kind of taste like fruit snacks but have lotsa protein in them. I try to have a pack of those when I have a sweet craving. was it you who posted about the frozen dairy topping and graham crackers? i have a note to try that too!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @josie12367 I'm glad you have an appointment scheduled. Sorry for the spotting/cramping.. it's such a pain!
    @Whitmore1027 Eek! So sorry about your crazy night/morning :( Sometimes it helps so much just to let it all out and get it off your chest. Fx for less stress and a better day for you!
    @catlady2015 I will definitely need assistance reading the chart. I started after AF. It's crazy that temperature can tell us all this information. I would love to get a definite yes that I ovulated! I did forget the CS/Q on today's post... oops!  

• @meladams10 - :) remember one temp could mean anything. you're really trying to see a pattern (lower temps pre-O, higher temps (usually at least .3 degrees higher than pre-O) after O. so it's really not about a couple random wonky temps. let us know!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 They definitely hop all over the place! I will keep ya'll updated! (:
  • @catlady2015 What gummies are these? Sounds like something right up my alley! 

@meladams10 Thanks, ascend good luck with your testing as well!

@Whitmore1027 Hugs to you. Sorry everything is piling up on you. Hope it gets better soon!

• @catlady2015 I was just taking advantage of the clear weather because its suppose to snow tomorrow and I don`t like to jog when it`s snowing.  ;)
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opk, bd eod, prenatal vitamins

R/R: I thought I was gearing up to O, but my opk is back to negative from low, wrong direction! I hope it turns around and I have a real surge an actual o! 

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? Only on rare occasions, mostly just grab and go
  • @elothair I’m so glad I’m not alone. I thought I was going crazy. I love office meetings… I know, I’m crazy lol

@meladams10 That makes me feel better that your OB didn’t think anything of it. I’m going to stay positive and keep telling myself that it’s a good thing.

@whitmore1027 So sorry about your rough day.  Is there anything you can do to try to distract yourself from all the anxiety? Something that I’ve found that works for me is reading.  I like to pick up a good YA sci-fi book and I forget about reality for a while.

@catlady2015 I’ve totally convinced myself that they are just random twinges lol.  But then I think maybe not… It’s nice to hear other peoples stories. Maybe I’m not crazy… I’m always so worried about what I look like at the gym too! It doesn’t help that I work out around all the young college students.

*TW* TTC history

• @meladams10 @josie12367 Thanks darlings! I am feeling a bit better now. Just so tired right now! I feel like I could sleep for 12 hours. Emotional day, but I am seeing a movie with my bestie around 10:15 tonight, so even though I'll be so exhausted, it'll be nice to do something fun.

@LJMoon6 I really need to find something to do to get my mind off of things. Reading is something I want to do more of. I would love to read some YA sci-fi stuff. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

• Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD:12

WAYDTGKU: tracking bbt, cm and got some opk which I will start using in a day or two

R/R: it is insanely hot where I live at the moment and the air con at work just isn't keeping up. 
    Otherwise have instructed the man that we are to bd eod which he kind of frowned at. He is horny as when it doesn't matter but it's a chore when we are ttc.

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits. nope I wear the same thing every day for work and the weekend depends on what is clean and vaguely uncreased 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6 

WAYDTGKU:  working on destressing my life, getting into better physical shape, reconnecting with hubs, and starting acupuncture this week. 

R/R: I spiked a fever, and cold like symptoms tonight. I am hoping it's nothing - I've been feeling off for a day or so, but I was the only one who didn't get last weeks plauge, so I have a bad feeling.... 

GTKY: Do you plan your outfits? I do! I lay them out before I take a shower. Which helps my aniexty, but usually just means I end up wearing cat fur all day, since it never fails there is a cat in the middle of it by the time I get out. 

@Whitmore1027 That's so frustrating. My DH is being strung along for a promotion at work too. If he got it, then it could mean I could stop working entirely, instead of this weird limbo of "might go back, don't know when"  Its like our whole family is balancing on a promise they may or may not keep, so hard. I'm sorry you are going through it. Did you look up to see if the Xanax is still good? A lot of things are just less effective past their shelf life, but less effective is better than nothing if you are struggling so much. 
    @josie12367 Thank you for reminding me, I need to research vitamins. The ones I took last time are off the market, and I am allergic to like ALL of them. Ugh. 
    @Stargazer1lily I think they think it might snow here? I saw them pretreating the roads, but I checked and it only said snow showers... weird. 
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited January 2018
    Lurking from tww 
    @Whitmore1027 - I'm really sorry for the stress and anxiety you're going through.  On the cat issues,  I'm wondering if it's like what happens to our dog.  We figured out that when she doesn't eat she throws up.  We literally have to sit there and hand feed our spoiled brat dog sometimes because she'll get sick of we don't.  Her eyes get sucken in and she'll throw up bile. If she eats at least one meal a day it doesn't happen.  She's also extremely picky about dog food like I saw about your cat.  We sprinkle in a little parmesan cheese to get her to eat if she's being stubborn, we used to use chicken broth which also works.  I'm not sure what the equivalent of that would be for cats.  I don't even know if that would help in your situation but it helped us. We had taken her into the vet and had a full work up on her so we knew she was fine as well. Lots of internet searches plus trial and error we figured it out.As far as extra income goes could you offer to babysit anyone's kids?  Our neighbor did that a couple days a week and was bringing in an extra income. I have anxiety I know what it's like to lay in bed with your heart racing not being able to sleep.  I wish I could ease that for you,  but i know it's impossible when you're in it. 

Eta- hmmm I reread your post about everything you've tried.  I have zero experience with cats but I'm trying to brain storm, my IL's grind up the food for their dog Because of issues with digesting. Have you tried putting it in a blender? I'm wracking my brain for you.  I know how sad, scary, frustrating and exhausting it can be dealing with pet issues.  Luckily we didn't have to deal with it long but I've had to strip our bed and do laundry right before bed time more then I'd like to recall. Luckily I was able to rob from our guest room though. Man,  I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this. 
  • @josie12367 - they're called RAP protein gummies. They're not super chewy (which is unfortunate, b/c they'd be more delicious) but definitely kinda have a gummy taste and are sweet. I can eat half a bag and feel full. The texture is a little different, but I think they still taste all right. They have mixed berry and strawberry flavors. When I first found them, they were in our grocery store. I can't find them in a store since I moved, so I get the box off Amazon (which of course, no one has right now). :( let me know if you check them out!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Thanks! Will do!

• @galactickates Oh my goodness, your poor doggy! I haven't heard of that happening before but I can understand why! Unfortunately my cat has a ravenous appetite. He is constantly meowing for food, and I find the more food we feed, the worse it is. I have to only give him like 1/8 cup at a time to maybe help, and even then, he still throws it up sometimes. It's strange, because sometimes he can go a week or so without vomiting, then he starts up again. We really think it's a neurological problem because he has NO other symptoms. He still drinks water, and eliminates just fine. He looks healthy, and acts happy. It's so annoying. We haven't tried grinding the food, but I don't think it will help since we have tried the really small kibble, as well as wet food, and neither changed anything. (Besides the fact that wet food is WAY more disgusting to clean off of carpet than thrown up kibble). And he only likes to throw up on the carpet or our bed. WHY do they like to do that? I would be so much more patient if he would at least throw up on our hard floor. lol...UGH. Thanks so much for the ideas! I'm sorry you have some sick doggies in your family. :(

And regarding babysitting, I have been keeping an eye out for nanny jobs and such, but I haven't had any luck. Back in June, I actually got a job with someone who had a 6 month old, and she was going to drop him off and pick him up and it was actually super perfect, then right before my first day, she said she was let go from her nursing job. So that ended. I was super sad. I live a bit further out from the metroplex so not many opportunities near me. It's also hard because I don't feel comfortable taking care of older children, or multiple. Like, one infant is all I want to handle, but that's hard to find. lol

• @Whitmore1027 - just a thought... your cat might be hungry because she's not able to digest the food.  Our older doxie was like that.  She was always starving but it's because her stomach had such a hard time digesting it.   The grinding of the food is much easier on their stomachs.  It's less work for their bodies to process it and they can actually obsorb the nutrients Because they aren't throwing it up. Idk I just thought it was worth a mention. We also put them on a no grain diet and nothing with birds. All those changes really helped our pets.  Idk *shrugs* lol
  • @galactickates That is a good theory. But I wonder if he wasn't digesting food, he wouldn't have healthy bowel movements, and probably lose a lot of weight? But maybe if it just acts up occasionally, I wouldn't see the problems a lot. Hmm..that's something I can look into. The only thing with cats is they are super finicky with texture, so I am worried he wouldn't even try to eat it ground. But it's totally worth a shot! I'll dust off our food processor. haha. Since cats are obligate carnivores, grains are super unnecessary and they need a lot of protein so I have tried high protein and he is currently on grain free.  Still nothing seems to help. haha. I mean, I am glad he is healthy otherwise, but boy is this annoying to deal with.