Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO | Wednesday 1/31

edited January 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why?
*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: WTO | Wednesday 1/31

• Oooops FAIL. I just realized I didn't actually make a poll. Ummmm let me try to fix this. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Okay, I turned my bad poll thread into tomorrow's WTO thread. Hope no one minds I started it early, but I didn't want to clutter the board with a dead thread. Apparently I should not drink and bump at the same time (and I haven't even finished my beer yet!).
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Loading the player...
  • @emmasemm Damn. Sorry you're having so much trouble, and now legal issues too with getting set up at a new clinic. I wish I could do something to help. Your foal story sounds intense. I grew up riding horses and competing in shows. I don't know what I would've done had we ever lost one :/ Horses are so majestic, and have always been my favourite. Do you have any? Or do you still ride? Over the years I've gotten out of it. 

And yes, having the thread started early is lovely! 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @josie12367 sorry you're STILL spotting. that is crazy.
    @emmasemm Sorry about the trouble and legal issues. I understand how complicated and messy and time consuming they can get. I hope for a good outcome for you. and Double sorry for the rough 48 hours you've had. hugs to you.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1/2 ish (AF started last night so counting today as CD1 for now.)

WAYDTGKU: PNVs. Will get into opks and N&C shortly. Think I'm going to give POM a try this month. Costco has a great deal on it. 

When do you all start drinking POM?

R/R: I'm full of rants today (mainly about work) so I'll spare you all the details. Rave.. AF came before I wasted a test..Does that count? 

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? This I'm not sure. Generally if I sleep over 9 hours it triggers migraines for me.  But I definitely have slept longer - maybe after my appendix came out? Or a really bad hangover. 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: PNV, charting, temping, OPK's, B complex

R/R: Here's a two-fer! I finally have a meeting-free day and no active project at work! So now what am I gonna do all day? Also, temp up again today. 

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? It was 30 hours. Super boring reason - I was a college senior trying to finish my English thesis. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @josie12367 - sorry about your cycle. Hoping something changes and you need to get your OPKs! *hugs* that gas mask/gear situation sounds dreadful. :( 

@emmasemm - I'm so sorry about the legal issue. really not what you guys needed right now. Hope for a swift resolution. also, I'm so glad the horse was OK!

@offtoneverland - that sounds like something I would do! I lived with my dad and he would get up for work at 5 am. I wouldn't even kill the lights, he'd assume that I fell asleep while reading. I'd just lay still in bed - he wouldn't come in my room without an invite, even when sleeping. I'd wait for him to leave the house then keep going, sleep most of the day. Did they take your digital paperwork? 

@kristah2 - Sorry about AF. :( I'd be thrilled if I didn't have to waste a test, but I have a poas problem. Hope work goes a little better for you today!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: All the normals + SPMEP, eating clean, exercising.. week 2!

R/R: Rant: Woke up feeling like crap today. Hoping mind over matter will work out. Still have my body pump class and N&C to accomplish tonight! Rave: Halfway through the work week!

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? Probably in college!
  • @catlady2015 Yes, they did take the paperwork. Hooray! That makes 3 times I've had my blood drawn this week so I'm getting tired of being poked! Yay for your meeting free day! Hope it goes by quickly and you find something to occupy yourself. 
    @meladams10 hope you feel better soon! Great job on starting week 2 of healthy habits!
    @kristah2 I'm sorry about AF. ((Hugs))
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland The only caffeine I get now is through chocolate...lol. I cut it completely. I was having anxiety and sleeping issues. It's helped in that department immensely!

Thank you all for your support about my spotting issues! So glad to have you ladies to vent to!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opk, bd eod, prenatal vitamins

R/R: I'm not sure if I'm ovulating, my temps just rose after a drop, but negative opk tests. I'm just off birth control, so it may take a while to get a regular cycle. I'm just learning how my body works. Raves: got a good night sleep, it's my late night so a relaxing morning.

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? As a grad student i would pull all nighters to grade exams and fly across the country, and then be awake the whole next day. That was the most. I'm a morning person, so I go to bed early
  • @josie12367 way to go cutting down the caffine! MH wants me to quit my diet coke habbit, but I'm not sure I could handle it!
     @darkstar42 sorry about your husband's work stress, that's a hard one. I hope he gets good news.
    @meladams10 waking up sick is no fun! Hopefully you'll start feeling better and get to your evening activities.
    @catlady2015 are you happy to be out of meetings and projects? I get antsy when nothing particular is going on.
    @offtoneverland that's awesome that they took the digital copy. I don't have a working printer at home, so I usually print at the library.

• LOL - I totally just read the GTKY better. I thought it was the longest sleep you've ever had not the longest without sleep.
    Longest without is definitely school cramming sessions or flying to Rome.
    I suck today.
  • @josie12367 I can't imagine going 36 hours without sleep, and that situation sounds so scary! You are a rock star.
    @emmasemm FX for the new clinic! So glad the foal pulled through. What a rough situation!
    @offtoneverland There is so much worse you could do than stay up reading, your parents would have to be proud of that. lol
    @kristah2 So sorry about AF. :( What is POM? I am intrigued. Not wasting a test can totally be a rave, gotta find positive SOMEWHERE right?
    @catlady2015 Yay for not meetings or projects today! Take it easy!
    @meladams10 Mind over matter is me today! Listen to some fun music, that has been helping me today.
    @darkstar42 I WANT SNOOOWWW! It'll be 72 here today...which I am not complaining, but I want to experience some snow at least once this year. <cries>
    @slightlysillysarah FX for some clear O signs for you soon!!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Nothing right now

R/R: Rant: Dudettes. I seriously remember now why I ever went on BC when I was 16. Because my AF's SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK. TMI warning maybe? (I don't know because I mean, we talk about our bodies right?) But man...I have an extremely heavy flow...like soaking pads within 45 minutes...is that normal? And my cramps today...I am so nauseous and back pain and I want to eat all the things, but I also feel too sick to eat..I want to hide all day. Still crying a lot, my hormones are nuts. I am actually missing BC right now.
    Rave!: Saw Greatest Showman last night with my bestie, and it was AMAZING. If you haven't seen it, I REALLY recommend it. I am a huge fan of musicals, but I think even people who aren't a fan of them would like it. But Hugh Jackman and Zac Effron is sooo good in that movie. I have listened to the full soundtrack on youtube all morning (currently listening as I am writing this). I always find listening to fun musical music helps my mood. Another rave *TW Child mentioning* hubby took DS to his moms for a few hours today, so I have time to myself right now, which is great for how much in pain I am right now. *end TW*

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? It's weird, I am remembering a time, but I can't for the life of me remember why. I believe it was only like...22 hours. I am super boring. I can't handle all nighters.
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @Whitmore1027 ((hugs)) af can be horrible. I feel you on the cramps and heavy bleeding. Mine has been so bad in the past I had to leave work. I'm glad you have some time to your self to hopefully feel better! 
  • @slightlysillysarah Sorry you have it bad too! Isn't that crazy that something SO natural about women can cause them to not be able to function properly? It's so sad! I do remember missing school because it was so bad. It's crazy how different it is than when on BC too!! I was like... oh mine AF is not that bad. NOPE I WAS WRONG.

Warning: Slightly graphic gif in spoiler with a bad word on how I feel right now.

• @Whitmore1027 I'm right there with you with the miserable cramps and heavy flow. get out AF!
    POM is pom juice. Some ladies here use it. It's supposed to help with your uterine lining I believe. 
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2018
    @josie12367 I can't remember if you've already posted about this, but have you been checked for Endometriosis or PCOS? Maybe that's the point of you going to get testing. I seriously cannot remember sh*# sorry. It's really disappointing when our bodies don't "work" the way they're supposed to. Hugs.

@Whitmore1027 I'm sorry you are dealing with this! No, that is not normal and you need to get checked out if it soaks at least one pad or tampon an hour for more than two hours. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menorrhagia/symptoms-causes/syc-20352829

Month/Cycle: On treatment cycle #3 since last August I think it was.

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: DH and I are focusing on trying to not be as anxious or stressed out this cycle. We freak way too much. We decided we are going to make more of an effort to have sex before and after IUI.

R/R: I had my baseline u/s this morning. No cysts! Finally we will be starting with a clean slate. The doctor also decided that after two Clomid and Ovidrel cycles, she wants to switch to Femara 2.5x2tabs every night before bed for 5 days starting tonight. We will still do the Ovidrel and then IUI. She says the Clomid was making my lining too thin after only a second cycle and that they need it to be thick. Plus, I kept having a bad reaction to it anyway (multiple painful cysts-3cm). I had planned to switch REs, but after today, I feel like maybe I can give this one another shot since she isn't being insane by doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Fertility treatment is not a one size fits all approach. FFs.

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? 72 hours because I was at a LAN tournament back when I played video games. /geekrant There is NO way I can stay up too late nowadays. When I experience fatigue, I can't stay awake. When I don't, my brain wouldn't be able to function without at least 7.5 hours of sleep. That's my sweet spot.

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

CD: 1! 

WAYDTGKU: Opk, need to get pnv's I keep forgetting about those, n&c eod  of fertile week hopefully

R/R: af is here! I'm actually happy about it so I can really get started. Actually trying for real did not pan out last cycle so I'm restarting at 1/1. So typical of mh and me to say "Ok we're really doing it!" And then take several more weeks to actually get our lives together.  :D  

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why?
    Not sure, probably about 24 hours. And you can bet there was a lot of alcohol and absurdity involved (in college). 

@Whitmore1027 Mine was really bad like that as a teenager. I had to go on bc to control it, but after several years of that it has regulated better. I used to bleed for weeks super heavy so it was really bad. Now it's still heavy but not nearly like it was. Hopefully your body is just going crazy this month to regulate itself because it's off of the hormones? That's the only thing I can think of. Get that heating pad out, girl! That's my plan anyway. :)
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @suzycupcake I just read that article and that's totally what I had! Must have been hormonal as birth control balanced me out. It was awful.
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited January 2018
    @rosebud332 Not sure if you intended to post about your CD1 but this is the WTO thread. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• And I’m an idiot  :* Carry on 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @emmasemm  That foal was so lucky to have you!

@Whitmore1027  That sounds pretty heavy to me. Things may even out yet if you're just getting off the BCPs. 

Month/Cycle: 8 months

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, timed sex, opks, temping, cut back to one cup of coffee/day

R/R: I'm tired. I'm just damn tired. In general, and with this whole TTGP business. 

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why?  36 hours. I'm a surgical resident, and as a senior resident I'm not entitled to a post-call day. Occasionally you get slammed, and don't get any sleep overnight. Not that often, maybe once a month. (If you're too tired to operate safely, you're responsible for identifying this and removing yourself). 

Question: ******* TW*************  One year of TTGP until you should visit your doctor for some type of workup..... but does a miscarriage reset that one-year timer? Do you count from the miscarriage, or from the start of trying to conceive? *************** END TW*****************
  • @suzycupcake lol! I've been following tww all day thinking I'm still there. So definitely not out of the realm of possibility for me to post in the wrong place. When I read that I was thinking...crap. Where am I supposed to be? Who am I? What is life?? Haha

• @mirizzi&A

You would not start the timer over. I would think that having tried a year with no sustained pregnancy would be the phrase you should shoot for. So sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine :|

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Plus also, at 8 months, I would consider going now to only a RE to establish a relationship at the very least and to get the basics out of the way, i.e., test YH sperm, infectious disease testing, etc. You can let him/her take a look at your chart. Sometimes, they can see something there and see a problem that we wouldn't see. You never know.

This will save you a lot of time and stress from having to find a RE that you like, and do a bunch of tests later if/when you end up needing it. It would be worth it.  

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @offtoneverland

I just noticed the AL part of your post and I remember you when I was last cycling. So many hugs to you :(<3

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake haha I was confused too because I'm on cycle day 2 and I was thinking....do we not post during AF on WTO board? Did I mess up too?? Ahh!  

@rosebud332 hahaha I laughed hard at your "who am I? What is life"  :D

• edited February 2018
    @suzycupcake Thank you so much for the kind words. :) I'm so glad you had a great ultrasound and your RE helped you come up with a plan today. I hope you can find a way to be less anxious. It's so so hard to try to let go of all the thoughts.
    @josie12367 That's great the cutting caffeine has helped with your sleeping and anxiety. So glad to hear it!
    @Whitmore1027 Did you just recently come off of BC? I had super heavy periods when I was younger too and had to go on BC because of it. I had my IUD removed last June and at first my periods were REALLY heavy, like you described, for a day or two. But it's since regulated a lot and my periods are a lot lighter. FX that yours gets more stable soon. 
    @mirizzi&A *TW* I'm so very sorry for your loss. I agree that the whole time you're trying counts as the one year time frame, so I'd definitely consider seeing an RE if you haven't been successful after a few months. *end TW*
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4

CD:7

WAYDTGKU:  Starting acupuncture tomorrow! 

R/R: Went to see my best friend, a few hours away today. It was good to get some girl time :)

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? TW Child / medical mentioned My son had the measles, he was too young to have gotten the vaccine. I didn't sleep the whole time he was in the hospital, and a few nights after we got home. A few snatches of 20 minutes here and there, but it was about a week without any sleep longer than could be measured in minutes. It was worse than when he was a newborn. I was so scared. At one point I asked the doctor if there was anything we could do to bring his fever down to prevent brain damage, he was on an IV, in a cold bath with both motrin and tylenol in him and the doctor answered "Pray." It shook me. His fever got to 105 with all of that going on, then finally broke, and they let us come home once the rash came out. Worst week of my life, and I didn't sleep during any of it, I was too scared to let go of his IV, or... him. 
  • Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD:13

WAYDTGKU: bd eod, temping, vitamins and used my first opk today which was negative (But wasn't expecting it to be positive yet)

R/R: day off so relaxed watched some rubbish my SO won't watch, crocheted and generally wound down before I got calls from work that had me stressed and upset and fully expecting to get yelled at by a patient tomorrow because no-one else can handle anything. Had a meltdown when SO got home and am dreading tomorrow.

GTKY: What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep, and why? I am pretty boring really I think it was just 24 hours on a weekend away with the girls.

@josie12367 i feel you on the wierd cycle but I hope your O is just delayed.
    @Whitmore1027 That sounds awful. I remember my AF being almost that bad when I was a teenager. It's just impossible to get anything done! That being said it may be worth seeing someone if it doesn't settle down with your next cycle.
  • @suzycupcake I will keep that in mind! I really hope it's just my body adjusting off the BC. If I still have issues in a few months, I'll contact my doctor.
    @rosebud332 Yeah I am thinking it's the BC. I know it was bad when I was a teenager, I just SUPER didn't remember. I am sure it'll even out a bit! Haha
    @offtoneverland It's definitely gotten better today, so hopefully the worse is over. lol
    @sassysweetiepie THAT SOUNDS SO SCARY! Poor baby! So glad everything ended up okay! But so sad you had to go through that!
    @lokibear89 I hate that you got calls on your day off! That's so stressful. I hope your day goes well today!