Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched TTA w/o 1/29

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: if you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would you pick?

Re: Benched TTA w/o 1/29

• (New here, intro’d on newbie thread last week)

@ndz2018 sounds like your surgery went great and you’ll be out of here soon! That must be such a good feeling!

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? High platelet count on routine blood work.

How long do you think you'll be here? TBD - have to figure out why they’re high first, and then figure out how to fix it (if possible). Increased risk for clotting and pregnancy is a no go though, so benched until further notice.

How have things been going? This is new, so I’m a little stressed. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? I was having some symptoms that I suspect may be related to this back in October. I went to both the urgent care and my PCM and they pretty much shrugged their shoulders, said it was probably nothing, and did no follow-up. If it turns out it is related, I’m going to be really upset that they blew me off so quickly.

GTKY: if you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would you pick? Tough one! Probably MLK Jr. or FDR - for me, just reading their work is fascinating and inspiring, so I wonder what it would have been like to hear their thoughts straight from the source.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ndz2018  so glad it all went well! This month is going to fly by! I made calendar items and I have to edit with a green check mark so I am sure I’ve taken them. 
    @wrensnest  ugh, I hope it’s not serious! Hopefully they get you sorted quick and you are back ttc soon!

Are you benched or TTA? Both!

What brings you here? Septum removal surgery 

How long do you think you'll be here? Another month I guess!

How have things been going? Well... had my surgery on Monday and feeling fine. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Nope

GTKY: if you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would you pick? Einstein! I absolutely love all of your picks too and they were all on my list! I think we should just plan a coffee with all our picks at once :)

• @dragonette505 #septumremovalsunite  :D glad both our surgeries are finally over!! Time to get these vessels ready for transfers! Are you guys doing another ER first? Or will you be my March FET buddy too :) ?

@wrensnest Wow! I’m sorry to hear this! Do they have any idea what cause it? What sort of symptoms were you having? And finally is this something you’ve had in the past or it came out of no where? 
  • @ndz2018 our plan is to try naturally in March... I figure if that doesn’t work I may not have been ready for transfer (i.e. I want one full unmediated cycle before transfer) and then we will plan to transfer in April. :)
  • @dragonette505 That’s right now i remember. I hope this next month flies by, I’m beginning to get antsy waiting. The wheels of IVF are so so slow!  I have my post op this fri hopefully things are healing well and we are still on schedule. 
  • @dragonette505 thanks! Glad to hear your surgery went well!

@ndz2018 it can be caused by a lot of things (ranging from minor things like infection or an inflammatory response after surgery to scary stuff like cancer and bone marrow disorders). I haven’t been sick or had any infections, so the really minor things don’t add up. It can also be caused by iron-deficiency anemia, which seems the most likely for me, as I’ve had iron issues here and there (but I don’t think my RBC count was off, which is usually tell-tale anemia, so I don’t know). I don’t want to think about the other things, yikes. The issue I went to my PCM/urgent care for was the sudden appearance of these little purplish dots all over my chest (they look like a bunch of tiny bruises). They pretty much said they had no idea what it was, but according to Dr. Google (I know, I know) it can be related to abnormal platelet counts. Waiting to hear back from my OB on repeat blood work right now. Blehhhh.
  • Are you benched or TTA?  Benched

What brings you here? Malignant molar pregnancy

How long do you think you'll be here? 2 more months!

How have things been going? Ok I guess.  I sometimes feel excited because 2 months I'd so close, orher times annoyed.  February is a year since we started TTC, which I know isn't all that long, but I feel like so much time is being wasted.  My BCP is making me miserable and nauseous every day.  I have an appointment next week, I will probably ask about stopping it and using condoms then.

Any R/R/CS/Q? None

GTKY: if you could spend the day with any historical figure, who would you pick? I picked too hard of a question... I have always been fascinated with FDR,  or Augustus Caesar.  
    @ndz2018, I am sorry you had such a bad reaction to the anesthesia.  I get really sick every time I have it, but it has never lasted so long.  That had to be pure misery.   4 weeks is so close!

@wrensnest, that sounds so stressful, what kind of tests are you having to figure out what is going on?   I hope you get answers soon.

@dragonette505, I am glad you are feeling well!

• @holly321 I hope you can get off those pills! Condoms make so much more sense anyway
  • @holly321 Yeah, it was brutal! I have Suffered with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome in the past and it’s exactly how I felt... but those episodes would last 5-6 days of non stop throwing up, no sleeping, no eating or drinking and emergency room visit after visit for Fluids, being accused of being a drug addict ( that  was fun lol)and tons of time off of work. So glad I’ve been episode free for over a year now!!  H wanted to take me to hospital around 3pm the day of the surgery Bc he thought it came back but I told Him to give me another hour if it doesn’t subside we’ll go .. it did thank goodness! 
    I Agree with @dragonette505 condoms make way more sense, they suck but it’s better than BCP in my eyes. Is there any way you can call and ask or does your OB want to see you anyway? 

@wrensnest I really hope you get some answers soon. Did you get the repeat blood work done and are waiting on results or you’re waiting to get a repeat bloodwork done? 
  • @ndz2018 and @holly321 Thanks ladies. Currently waiting on repeat CBC results. Lab work at this clinic takes forever (I think they must send everything out).
  • Welp, got my results back and repeat CBC levels are still off. OB agreed that it’s most likely iron deficiency anemia, so I have to start iron supplements and repeat labs again in 3 weeks. Will be benched until labs come back normal. Hopefully these supplements do the trick.
  • Well I just found out I’ll be benched for the next 8 weeks not 4 :( She said the septum was so large she doesn’t feel comfortable transferring next month and wants to make it the best environment for our embryo, I agree. Definitely having the whole month of March off...a real break ( no meds or horomone) maybe I’ll get back to the gym  too. Focus on my physical and mental heath.