Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Bleeding after MC - help!

Hi all,
I'm so sorry for your losses, I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.
I can't find too much on what I'm about to ask & I was wondering if anyone here can help me. I miscarried naturally on the 16th of January. While I was supposed to be 11 weeks, I was only dating 6 weeks. I'm sure the gestational sac and placenta have passed because I was able to save these and had a beautiful burial at home in my garden.
The bleeding eased around the 20th of January but I'm still spotting, only enough for liners and the blood is very brown. On the 26th it was a bit heavier (enough for 1 pad) and then brown spotting again. I've had no pain since passing the gestational sac.
I'm just wondering in your experience, how long does the bleeding last?
I'm seeing a doctor on Thursday but I was wondering if anyone on here could help me with their experience. 
Thank you in advance xx

Re: Bleeding after MC - help!

• Options
    I’m sorry for your loss.  I have had a d & c with all 3 of mine but the first one I bled for about 4 weeks.  It was mainly spotting for that long.  The next two it lasted about a week each time.  I was farther along with the first than the others so I don’t know if that was the difference.  Also right after the first one, if I exercised or exerted myself more the week after I would have heavier bleeding for about an hour after workout and then returned to spotting.  My doctor told me I wasn’t completely healed and to take it easy for another week.  I hope your doctor gives you some answers 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for replying. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. My heart goes out to you. I hate that there are so many women who go through this!

I've started working again, and I'm on my feet all day. I've also started exercising again. I feel like all I've done through this MC is wait to see doctors!

Did your cycle take long to return after the long bleed? xx 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No the spotting stopped and a couple weeks later I had a period. I also think the fact that I returned to normal activity like the next day contributed to things not healing properly and causing the long spotting.  It is a big hurry up and wait game.  Also know that your cycle may not be normal (like it was pre MC) and it may take a couple months for your body to find its new normal.  With this last one I counted d & c as first day of cycle and started taking OPKs around CD8.  I turned one a few days later and 2 weeks exactly from that positive OPK I started AF.