June 2018 Moms

weekly randoms 1/29

Re: weekly randoms 1/29

• January is ridiculous. We get paid the 1st and the 15th of each month so both December and January having 31 days make for long pay periods. It feels so long. 
  • @May14th2011 @LaceyBee522 & @Amphibious22 I think one of the best things I did for myself when I had DD was to go into with the fed is best mentality.  I was able to ebf- but honestly I only did that because I was lazy and could.  The lazy girl in me cannot understand why anyone would exclusively pump- like breast milk cannot be that much better than formula if you do not have the skin to skin connection.  Take the social pressures off and focus on doing what works for you and LO.  If you are able to BF you will get the hang of the pump- you will love that machine and hate it and think it is talking to you after a while.  If you are not able to BF- that feed the baby formula and enjoy a nice glass of wine when you start to feel guilty about not being able to EBF.    

@ffw0617 YES!  So excited for February.  It's a nice short month- so it'll be March before we know it.  My family was sick for what felt like the entire month of January- so I've never been more excited to have a month end. Also, when I went to the doctor for my sinus infection the nurse was telling me about a pregnant woman his wife works with that had the flu and they had to do an emergency c-section.  And I'm over here like hi... I'm 21 weeks pregnant- there is only a 20% of survival outside my body for this little guy.  So looking forward to week 27 when there is a 90% of survival.  Come on Spring!

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Loading the player...
  • llamamama14llamamama14 member
    edited January 2018
    February you've got Superbowl and Olympics and spring doesn't seem quite so far away.

I'm already nesting. Found out gender yesterday and I am not wasting any time in emailing friends to see if they want my stash of boy clothes now that we know #3 is a girl. I'm also planning room/crib/bed/decor. I think some of this nesting energy is New-Year organization/declutter energy but I'm riding the wave as far as it will get me.

Also, in a cleaning frenzy today I realized that my wine glasses are quite dusty. DH drinks beer so no one is giving the wine glasses attention these days...
  • @llamamama14 - aah I bought new wine glasses a few weeks ago with some gift cards and I feel like they are just staring at me begging to be used (with the real stuff...they will know the difference if it isn't wine in them, hahaha) 

While we won't be painting until April I'm definitely cleaning house (ie: purging) and buying other nursery stuff to be ready to go.

We are currently remodeling our master bath and once that is done DH will start building DD1 her "big girl bed" so we can use the crib for DD2...most all of the major work falls on DH so I'm kind of in a holding pattern...meh

• @jsl82 Lol at the breast pump talking to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmurdock925 We're going to buy DS a big boy bed so now I can indulge my hobby of surfing Craigslist and FB marketplace for a good deal.

Has the master bath remodel been super inconvenient? That's first on our list of remodels in our house and I'm hoping it won't be too bad because we have another full bath on the same floor. I just don't love the idea of a construction zone in/near the bedroom. (I've been through a bathroom remodel before but it was a guest bath so it was not disruptive to our life.)
  • I've had so much of the new year/nesting??? energy for purging/cleaning. We'll have the baby in our room for his first few months so I went through our closets and dressers and got rid of so much old stuff. We did DD's room last weekend and made piles of toys and clothes to save, donate and toss. I'm sending DH to Goodwill with the bags of clothes tomorrow! Feels so good!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @krashke omg this ^ Trying to find any sort of maternity pants or shorts that are work friendly is impossible! Unfortunately they don't really make maternity cargo shorts. And not having belt loops for my keys super sucks. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @krashke I got pants from Old Navy recently and they have the biggest friggen pockets ever! It was a miracle!

@Amphibious22 Idk if you have it, but I got some pants from Thyme Maternity {similar to Motherhood apparently} and there is little elastics and buttons on the side. Idea is for when you're bigger, but I hooked my keys on it briefly and it was fine.
  • llamamama14  - I may be an anomaly but construction doesn't really bother me...Growing up there was basically always some kind of project going on- usually major construction and not much has changed in my adult life.  We moved out of our old house when there was nothing left to remodel, lol (we gutted the place).  My DH does all of the work so it takes a little longer but I'm more than ok with that trade off for saving money and having stranger dangers in my house.  We took the bath down to studs, replaced the subfloors, converted our existing shower stall that was super small to a large linen closet and removed the garden tub that never gets used and that is now a big shower (yay for a bench to put my foot on to shave my legs!!).  So yes- my bedroom has been a mess since right after Christmas (we are SOOO close to being done...maybe this weekend?? we had to order some addtl tile and the light fixtures were delayed coming in). 

If you can get past the clutter and mess (also not sure how big your master is...ours is around 300 sqft so there is room to keep most of it contained  it isn't bad, but again- I am very accustomed to construction mess. 

• @MissKittyDanger it looks like that store is in Canada only, but I recently got a giftcard to Motherhood so maybe I can get lucky there. I've only shopped at Target and Old Navy so far. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I'm kinda feeling like march will be 'the' month for me. maybe cause I'm actually a may DD? so that's only 2 months (whoa) away. Plus, I want all the purging done so DH can start actual constructive type work, and the sanding/painting in the baby room in march. yikes... now I'm wondering if that's not enough time cause this also involves carpet installation in other places, not just the baby room. hmm. ok, I just overwhelmed myself lol.

I've always hated jan/feb so damn much. but I think feb is going to fly between a few meetings we have for DS' kindergarten registration and 2 wks practically full of big brother celebrity to pass the time lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @krashke lol I was just thinking that. My maternity work pants have FAKE pockets on the front AND back - what the hell?!?!?
  • I know I have mentioned before that I wish you could prioritize things on your registry. Well I was doing some editing and organizing on my Amazon registry and you can mark items as "must-have items!" 

Now to decide what is truly must haves. I mean I want to mark the stroller as a must have so people maybe consider going in on it but I don't think I should do that with the $880 Vista. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke oh man, I noticed that weeks ago, and I remembered you complaining about it, but I also remembered that you said you have an Amazon registry so I just figured you'd found that option already.  :D oops, welp, glad you found it! 

Is it bad that I wish I could just register for everything I want and have people be able to view what those items are for their own amusement but then just give me gift cards so I can prioritize purchases? lol lol sigh.  :|
  • Lol ive been nesting since dec because I had the time. Nursery is basically done and a couple consignment sales lined up. Now it is a non stop roller coaster of write and revise until I defend and graduate. I havent even gone to that side of the house in weeks. I'm with you @izza2! Gotta graduate.
  • @LaceyBee522 - I looked at the Lee-person's post history and it seems like at this point s/he's just a troll who doesn't understand what the word "lurker" means.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• For any registry completion discounts you get, are you allowed to add things AFTER they issue the discount? Just curious. I made my due date a lot earlier so I could get the discount earlier. But at the pace I'm moving with going through DS' stuff (which i haven't yet. At all. Still in the basement and attic), I don't know if I'll have stuff added before it's issues lol.

• @catlady1215 I know for our wedding registry we could add things after the fact, but I don't know if it's the same for baby. When we went into bed bath & beyond, the lady even gave us the completion discount for stuff not on the registry at all. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @catlady1215 we too added items to our wedding registry after the fact and got the discount. I had originally registered for the tilt top Kitchenaid stand mixer but after our wedding the professional mixer with the bowl that lifts was on sale so I added that and used our discount on it. Along with gift cards/returns we paid a total of $12 and had it shipped to our house. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @doxiemoxie212, DH and I secretly also wish people would just give us gift cards. Honestly it would stretch their money further if they did. I have an Amazon registry, and between the 15% completion discount and the 5% cash back from DH's Amazon CC, we could get more stuff for the same amount of money. If we were to go up to the $4000 limit, that would basically be $800 of "free" stuff, right? 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Today someone I know said it feels like we are entering the 5th month of January.... ughhh
  • @catlady1215 Aw no, I haven't seen it, but I feel like I'm living it!!
  • So much yes on the eternal January!!  It was even my birthday this month but it seriously feels like it's been so long!!!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I lurk the HDBD thread recently I have the urge to make this comment: "Cute bump! Your boobs look huge!"
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro - I'm laughing because that's one of the reasons we really haven't planned much at all yet. :lol: I have a cousin who is having her second daughter a few weeks before I'm due with DS, and for her shower she put in there that she prefers [whatever type] diapers. And I'm reading that like... But just because they worked great for your first one, doesn't mean they'll work for your second!
    My SIL has 3 kids and the only thing they all had in common was that Dr. Browns was the only bottle that didn't give them colic. Different diapers for all three, different wipes, etc. We plan to try Dr. Browns first with this LO, but we also have a bunch of bottles given to us by my SIL, so we're not really wasting our money by deciding to try them first. *shrug*

But yeah. I'm glad I'm not like the only person on the board who just doesn't participate in the suggestions because of that, lol.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• October has been open for, what, 2 days. They already have a HDBD thread.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @laceybee522 not a brat, but realistic. It never stops though. Our mom's love to send so much stuff for DS and I'm always just like please stop! We don't need it! No place to put it! I appreciate it obviously but just ugh.

@icecubeinthedesert no. Stooopp. Well that's jumping the gun. I got irrationally annoyed yesterday that they copy/pasted the board organization post but cleared the schedule to make their own. Nov will probably turn to them to copy and it'll all change forever lol

• @Amphibious22 You should have some luck at Motherhood. I browsed briefly {I had gc for Thyme but wanted to see options} and the site showed some pretty decent work-wear styles