June 2018 Moms

weekly randoms 1/29

Re: weekly randoms 1/29

•  @doxiemoxie212 @becca_123 y’all I wear dresses with comfy sneakers! Specifically Chuck Shorelines (a slip on chuck much more flattering on my huge feet) or a grey or black jersey dress with black Nike’s. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @becca123 DH and I went to Key West for our honeymoon in June of that year, apparently winter is actually the time of year to go there. In June it's unbearably hot and humid. In all of our pictures it was like we'd been sitting in a sauna fully dressed. Anyway, it probably feels great and summery right now and I would say dress according to summer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krashke I have grey Converse I can wear, but they're not as comfy as my gross, dirty grey Nike flyknits lol. It's really NBD for normal things, I'm just picturing myself potentially going to Harry Potter World by myself, walking a lot without a ton of places to sit, and I think my feet my get angry. Though admittedly I'm not really sure I want to go to HPW in a dress, either, so... meh. Hopefully it won't be too hot for leggings. I should look into those slip ons you mentioned, though. I also have giant feet, and I've always felt like converse accentuate that lol.  :D
  • Ordered veggie sub from Jimmy Johns... added bacon because pregnant, lol.  It's delicious!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @llamamama14 those are cute! And they’re super comfy?? 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I find them very comfy. I wore them most days last summer including long/athletic walks. Most of the Amazon reviews are good. A minority of people didn't like the fit so it probably depends on your foot and ankle size.
  • @llamamama14 I live in my tevas!! They are the best! I'm also a size 10 and I wear them with dresses all the time. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @llamamama14 I love the look of those!  They look comfy too - also a size 10 here and struggle with shoes that make my feet look humongous. 
  • Don't read that article before bed. I remember reading it when it first came out and the updates are just awful. 
  • @ramblebee I wish I just hadn’t. Now I’m laying here thinking about how my OB let me go with diagnosed preeclampsia for a week before inducing me because the first attempt at induction wasn’t successful. Kind of freaked out.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 I’ve noticed similar articles in the past few months. Thought this one was interesting and includes the warning signs for the most common maternal death causes:

https://offspring.lifehacker.com/know-these-symptoms-of-the-leading-causes-of-maternal-d-1821991194
  • @doxiemoxie212 - Damn, I read that and cried the whole way through. That entire scenario pisses me off, especially as a health care worker. Our system fails so many and for such ignorant reasons, most of the time being something as simple as arrogance or lack of communication.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @doxiemoxie212, **TW** unfortunately my cousin had a massive stroke during childbirth with her first. She passed away a few days later, but her baby is healthy. Total shock. They still don't really know what happened.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @icecubeinthedesert I am sorry for your loss. That's terrible.
  • @icecubeinthedesert I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine going through something like that.
    @krashke agreed. That's the kind of stuff that keeps DH awake though. 

Also, I am way too overwhelmed to even participate in the bottles thread. Like the brands were helpful, but I've never felt less prepared for pumping in my life. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @krashke I read the articles. I shouldn't have. DH gets on me all the time for stuff like that, but I can't help it, I have to know.

@Amphibious22 Pumping seems daunting at first, but you will eventually get the hang of it and develop a routine. Don't sweat it!
  • @icecubeinthedesert wow, that's awful. I'm so sorry!
  • @icecubeinthedesert I'm so sorry. That is incredibly tragic.

I'm with @krashke, I don't think I can read the articles. I had a horrible nightmare last night - one that felt real. I'm definitely not in the mindset today.

@Amphibious22 I agree. I'm so overwhelmed with pumping/breast feeding/scheduling. Everytime I think about it, I'm just like eff it, I'm doing formula. But, then I know I'm not supposed to think that and get overwhelmed all over again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 Yes! Formula is starting to sound more and more appealing, even though I used to think I would be an EBF mom. I'm also a little paranoid because I have a friend who refused to use formula for about 6 months and her baby ended up in the zero percentile for weight. I guess she wasn't producing enough or something. I noticed that her baby looked tiny (he wasn't a preemie and weighed almost 8 lbs at birth) but didn't feel like it was my place to say anything. But now I'm so worried about having a skinny baby. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• i haven't opened the bottle post yet. I don't always feel like my STM knowledge is useful cause products have probably changed so much in almost 6 years lol. But if there's pumping info, I should go in. I'm still deciding if I'm going to give it another chance this time or not.

annnnd really excited to see October open! can't believe how many months are behind us now!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @Amphibious22 It's stressful for sure, trying to make sure baby gains enough. But some people don't have any troubles with it- my cousin ebf and her baby is on the high end of percentiles. My other cousin is ebf, and now has to supplement because her baby is dropping down toward 0%. 
    The best advice is to try it and get help if you need it. Go see the lactation consultant, talk to the pediatrician. None of my pediatricians have ever suggested formula until we absolutely needed it. I didn't feel that they were pushy about it at all. In fact they did tons to help me bf.
  • @ffw0617 Yes! January felt like the longest month ever this year. I think because February is so short, the rest of this pregnancy is going to fly!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ffw0617 yes!! January has been the longest month EVER! Next week is my A/S so I've been dyyyying for Feb to come!
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @May14th2011 yeah I think what I've learned from watching her go through that is to definitely not be afraid to ask questions and to not be ashamed to supplement with formula. I used to be ebf all the way, but now my plan is to just do whatever works. 

Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I'm trying to look for something that'll cover our back seat {and protect it from the car seat} but idk what it's called!!!
    It's like the doggy car protector but not quite - sometimes comes in different prints, etc?

I'm not crazy, I've seen it before and I had it on my wish app but I can't access it now since my phone is kaput!! It's driving me nuts
  • @ffw0617 funny you mention it - I sometimes take for granted that how I feel is not predictive of how other people feel lol. I just assumed everyone else also had April as THE month  :D I think because that's when I'll probably stop feeling comfortable getting on a plane, that's when she could be born and have a better shot of survival than not survival, we'll need to start buying baby stuff, etc. I've been telling myself this whole time, "No nesting until April. None until April!" February is going to fly by, though. Not only is it a short month; we have two trips planned. 
  • January is really long AND hard.  You leave all the holidays (and the financial recovery from the holidays, and time with family) to have to start this new year.

@doxiemoxie212 no nesting until April?! I can't wait that long. March is my nesting month. April is a busy month for us. DH's & FIL's birthdays are at the end of April. My best friend's, mother's, sister's, brother's, and grandmother's birthdays are all in April. I'm usually tapped/broke from all the gifts, dinners, and parties. That'll consume all my weekends. My local girl's only shower is April 20th (while DH is away on his frat reunion trip-that'll also be the LAST shower). But our nursery will be in our master closet so not as much to do. We need to get rid of a lot of stuff before then though. I'll have my handy man come in one weekend and do all the building/ assembling and any painting we decide on.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM