Babies on the Brain

Weekly chat 1/29

Re: Weekly chat 1/29

• My job is dragging me down...... I never have any work, so I’ve been leaving a bit earlier than I should be getting away with. My supervisor sent out an email to everyone basically saying “mind your hours. We’re flexible but don’t take advantage” without naming any names. I don’t WANT to take advantage, but I also don’t want to be here an extra hour with nothing to do. Sigh...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • edited January 2018
    I’m new here....figured this might be a good time to stop lurking and join the fun!
    We’re supposed to get just enough snow tonight for a two hour delay in the morning, but my students go nuts when our schedule is different, so hoping for either a normal school day or enough precipitation for a snow day!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m new here....figured this might be a good time to stop lurking and join the fun!
    We’re supposed to get just enough snow tonight for a two hour delay in the morning, but my students go nuts when our schedule is different, so hoping for either a normal school day or enough precipitation for a snow day!
    Welcome. You might want to change your screen name and introduce yourself so we can tag you in stuff.

I believe you would log into the knot, change your s/n and then log back into both the bump.
  • Hi! @knottiebdd9fd681e042c44

I know exactly what you mean. I'm a first grade teacher and routine is everything. They keep saying they may have to close our school due to flu. They are counting the cases and if we get 15 Dr. confirmed then we shut down and CDC has to come in and clean the school. While I would love some time off to rest myself, I don't want to make up the days later. I am torn. 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2018
    @JLaVO888

Yikes. I hope you don’t get sick.

Edit: never mind, I just read your TWW. Feel better!
  • Is it weird to be looking forward to a therapy appointment? I had yet another anxiety attack in the car this morning. Beyond that, things are okay here. I made a heart shaped, cheese stuffed meat loaf for dinner tonight. It was the first time I'd ever made meat loaf, funnily enough, and DH LOVED it. I couldn't finish mine, and he's sitting here nomming on it, lol.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ Not weird at all. I saw a therapist for a bit for my anxiety and depression back in college and I loved her. She always made me feel so validated and supported. 

Your meatloaf sounds amazing. I just saw a jalapeño popper stuffed meatloaf recipe on fb the other day and really want to try it. 
  • @JLaVO888 DH and I were in a car accident last month where I was driving, and the car was totaled. I've been having anxiety attacks since then and finally couldn't deal with it anymore and made the appointment. It's just taken a few weeks because of booking and all that. So I'm hoping they can at least give me some coping techniques, because it's not like I can avoid driving forever.

The meat loaf was super easy. I can't do jalapenos, but I hope you have good luck with that one! This was the first meat loaf I've ever made, lol.
  • So glad you made an appointment. Sounds scary. I’m sure you are suffering from PTSD and seeing the therapist will be very helpful. It may take a few sessions but honestly for me the first one took a big weight off my chest. 
  • As long as I get some help, you know? DH tries, but he doesn't really seem to get that I just can't help what happens in my brain sometimes.
  • @dreamscapes_ so glad you're appointment is getting closer! I hope you're able to get some good coping techniques to help. Let us know how it goes!

@JLaVO888 yikes! I guess I never really thought about how many kids had to be sick for school to be closed, FX you don't have that happen. Hope you and DD feel better soon!

@meggyme is there someone you can ask for more work? Sorry it's so slow.

Welcome @knottiebdd9fd681e042c44

Sorry I've been a little MIA guys, life's just been busy lately!! Not really anything in particular, just a little bit of everything.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @meggyme ugh that sounds awkward and passive aggressive! I don’t blame you - as long as you’re getting your work done, who cares if you leave a little early? No point in sitting around doing nothing.
    @knottie#s I was really hoping for at least a delay this morning, but we got nothing! This winter’s been tame so far - hoping for a blizzard in February! Plus we don’t have to make up snow days so I say bring em on!
    @JLaVO888 Hope you feel better!!
    @dreamscapes_ Cheese stuffed meatloaf sounds amazing! I’ll have to look up a recipe. Good luck with your appointment - I hope it’s helpful!

Well it doesn’t look like I’m getting either of the jobs I applied for. They were a reach, but I was hoping to at least get some interview practice. One of them just updated my application status to “not hired” and the other one has been almost 2 months with no word. Looks like I’m most likely staying where I am for at least another year, which is good at least for planning when to TTC. Debating maybe starting in April instead of May if I’m definitely staying here... need to talk to H.
  • @CecilB93 there is, but there’s also not much I can do just because of my knowledge of the equipment we work on. I’m trying to get transferred to another contract that I’d be better at.

@dreamscapes_ that sucks that you had to wait so long, but I’m glad your appointment is coming up. Can you schedule them regularly and then cancel if you don’t think you need one?
  • @dreamscapes_ I'm glad you have an apt coming up. It's really hard to make the decision to go but I think it's a great one. My H tries too but he doesn't fully understand anxiety. Hope it helps you!
  • @meggyme Ugh, I hate when you just have to be in your seat for x amount of time! It should be finish your work and go home! (Unless you're a manager of other people's work or there's some extenuating circumstance.)

@knottiebdd9fd681e042c44 Welcome! Hope you got your snow day! :)

@JLaVO888 Holy cow, I've never heard of the CDC having to shut down and clean a school! Hope it doesn't come to that, that's intense! 

@dreamscapes_ I'm so sorry you're dealing with anxiety. I had PPA after the birth of my daughter and it was my first experience with anxiety - it's AWFUL. I'm hope your therapy appointment helps and I totally get looking forward to it. Not the same thing as driving, but I had a specific anxiety around stairs that eventually got much better for me. I fell on the stairs slightly while carrying my newborn DD (just missed a step, everything was fine) but for MONTHS afterwards I literally would feel the sensation of missing a step every time I went down stairs. With some therapy, deep breathing, and simply the slow, annoying passage of time, I am finally able to go down the stairs mostly like I used to. If it's an especially tall flight I still get some nerves, but I can hold the rail and go slow and it's fine. I know with driving it would be much harder (not really a hand rail or anything like that to hold on to!) so hopefully your therapist has some good techniques for you. Big hugs. Anxiety sucks.

@CecilB93 *waves* Nice to "see" you around again! :)

@dogmomma271 I'm sorry you didn't get either of the jobs you applied for. At least it's good that your current job is TTC friendly. Maybe you can apply places again after you come back from maternity leave in the future?

AFM, as I've chatted about elsewhere, I signed on to be a producer for a show with an incredibly crazy schedule. We've been in intensive training and now that's wrapped up and I'm about to be thrown into the fire starting tomorrow! It's only three weeks (this is the mantra I keep telling myself) but it is going to be incredibly challenging for both myself and my poor husband (who uh, did NOT sign up for this!)

Starting tomorrow I'm working 8 days in a row, 7 of them from 6am - 6, 7 or 8 pm, which means I will have to wake up at 4:45 in the morning, work between 12 and 14 hours, somehow stay up long enough to eat dinner and snuggle with my daughter and get her to bed, then up at 4:45 to do it all again! Then I have two "normal" weeks, where I have two days off per week, but they're Thursday and Friday instead of Saturday Sunday and I'll still be working 12-14 hour days starting at 6am. And, of course, DD is still going through what we assume is an early 2 year sleep regression! (She'll be two in early Feb.) She has been waking up almost every night, sometimes twice, and staying up for an hour or more each stretch. It's almost like the newborn phase again, except this time she's not hungry (or teething or in need of a diaper change) she just wants to be held. So that combined with this schedule is going to make for an incredibly exhausting three weeks. Let's fast forward to the end of February, yes? 

• @maureenmce Wow that is a crazy schedule! I would not be able to function with such little sleep and so much work - go you! At least it's short term, and hopefully February will go by quick! And yeah, I have no idea what to expect with TTC, but it's good to have some stability for the next year and maybe reapply in a year or too. A little bummed but I'll move on!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2018
    @dogmomma271 I’m sorry about the jobs. Rejection of any kind sucks, even when you kind of expect it.

@maureenmce that is a super crazy schedule. I hope it at least goes smoothly. What kind of show is it? As for your DD, could she be teething her 2yr molars?
  • @dogmomma271 sorry about the jobs. I agree though, definitely look for a new job for after maternity leave! 

@maureenmce *waves* hi!! :)  Good luck with the crazy schedule coming up!! I can't imagine working that long and sleeping that little, especially with a toddler! Sorry about the sleep regression, I didn't even realize there was one at age 2, idk if I'm ready for that lol. My son will be 2 on Feb 28th so he's around the same age as your DD.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18