March 2018 Moms

Randoms 1/29/2018

Let's talk randoms...

Re: Randoms 1/29/2018

• @DDRRT1982 Does that mean you will have the baby soon after? 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • muggle621 said:
    @DDRRT1982 Does that mean you will have the baby soon after? 
    No, usually I have them two weeks after the cerclage comes out, but it's always possible. I have contracted much less during this pregnancy, so maybe she will bake a little longer and I can avoid any issues with jaundice.
  • @vflux33 I haven't started a hospital bag and don't plan on until 2 weeks to go,  I plan to pack very light, baggy black sweatpants, nursing tank and slippers plus contacts and glasses. We live 15 minutes from the hospital and last time I used nothing I brought so I'm trying not to over think it!
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited January 2018
    @missnc77 For me it's partially timing dependent. If I make it the full 38 weeks my mom will be here, so giving MH time off will not be a huge deal. But if I go earlier, we're all alone. My mom has a medical thing and can't fly in earlier. So no family here at all, no friends who are close enough to be around at that kind of time. Also we live 30 min away from the hospital in no traffic/an hour in traffic. My hospital reaallllly pushes the rooming in thing so I don't know about the nursery. And the twins factor might play in--I'm a FTM so we're going from zero to two and I completely don't know what I'm doing with just one so I'm not sure I want him to run off so early on! Especially if I'm really out of it. We'll see though. I'm open to the possibility that I will feel differently when the time comes, but as of now, knowing myself, I want him to be available and in the room as much as possible. 

ETA Oh the rice! In the birth class I took the doula running it was super into this rice sock thing where you put rice in a sock and microwave it and use it as a back massager during labor. She basically talked about it like it was the best thing ever, so figured it couldn't hurt. 
  • @vflux33 Totally get it. We don't have family here either. It was pure luck that I had scheduled to fly my mom in on that Friday anyway, thinking that 10 days before my due date we'd be fine. DH actually had to call work to see if someone could go pick her up and bring her to the hospital. This time I'm flying her in 12 days before my due date, and fingers crossed she gets here before because if not, we have no one to take care of DD1 while I'm in the hospital. I don't even want to think about that as a possibility. 
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited January 2018
    @missnc77 Yeah, mine is getting here 4-5 days before my OB's cut off date. And we're waiting to hear from our MFM about whether we should set the cut off at 37 weeks instead because of growth issues, in which case she won't be here until a few days later (plus could go into labor before that).

If we had another kid at home I have no clue what we'd do about that--I hope the timing works out for you!
  • cford08 said:
    @DDRRT1982 My cerclage is coming out February 13th. Have to go back to the OR to do it since it's the more complicated of the two kinds :| not looking forward to the possibility of another spinal headache...but we gotta do what we gotta do right?!
    Oh girl, I am sorry.  Mine don't come out easy bc I usually contract so much there is so much scar tissue built up around it.  I hope yours comes out easily.
  • @DDRRT1982 oh no that sounds rough! I hope this one is better for you  <3 At least you know what to expect. Thankfully, I won't have to stay overnight and I'll see my bambino soon after!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vflux33 I keep meaning to start a hospital bag but I’m afraid it will make it seem more real so I keep procrastinating. A heat pack is a great idea for labor but you might want to just order something like this so you don’t have a rice leak ((unless you are handier than me and planning on seeing it shut)):
    https://www.amazon.com/Heating-Pad-Solutions-Versatile-Therapeutic/dp/B071VBZ9KZ/ref=sr_1_11_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1517284600&sr=8-11&keywords=rice+pack+lavender

Also, they carry them for pretty cheap at Walmart/Target and drugstores usually. 
  • What a beautiful picture, @crossfitbabybump!!!
  • @crossfitbabybump - love that picture!

Bahhhh we had all stayed healthy through the first part of winter. Then both kids went down with coughs and minor fevers last week. Now DD is puking. I’m begging God not to let it spread. I can’t do the puking thing. 
  • @vflux33 my doctor actually told me last time that the hospital I was delivering In tries to push rooming with baby very much, but I should tell them to take baby and get rest. 
    It was the best advice ever.
    After labor, you really need all the rest you can get. They can still bring baby for feedings and all, you just let them know. But at least the time in between you can rest up a bit. 
    Standard in the hospitals where I live is that no one can sleep over with you. So its probably a whole different scenario....
  • @vflux33 I remember you mentioning this at some point, but I just went to buy the mesa henry finally and was surprised to save $50 with the amazon completion discount! sweet! 

have you researched convertible seats at all? trying to bookmark one for later. according to the "healthystuff" study it seems like one by maxicosi is the best option, potentially? But that was 2016.
  • @orbmaker Yay for the completion discount!

I only looked at the convertibles enough to determine that the mesa henry infant seat was better in terms of chemicals than any of the other infant seats or convertibles on the market. Which is a long way of saying, I have no idea. I focused so hard on the newborn stuff (and spending money on that stuff) that I ended up not getting a whole lot for later. It sounds like you may have looked into this more than me, which means I should read up on the maxicosi! Any good sources for that? 

I think part of me is hoping that once it's time to switch to the bigger baby seat that there might be more on the market by then, since the no flame retardant/low chemical options are getting more popular. But if you've done research on the current market, I'm definitely all ears! 
  • @orbmaker Interesting! I will check that out and look into the website. Surprised I didn't come across them before. In their homepage they have a "we want nontoxic carseat" petition too, which we should all sign (yeah, yeah, I know just another online petition, but to prove a consumer need I think they can sometimes be useful). 
  • @scoogy19 - cold but sooo worth it! can't wait to see yours! I'm just waiting for HDBD now lol
  • @BrittnieMariee thank God for SIL! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cford08 seriously! Talk about a life saver! She’s even gonna go pick up a dress for me! 
  • @BrittnieMariee Things always happen to work out just like they're supposed to. Cheesy yet true  ;);)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BrittnieMariee oh great! I still hope your friend gets her money back. Can’t wait to see pictures!
  • runsoncoffeerunsoncoffee member
    edited January 2018
    @crossfitbabybump ours were done a month ago lol... I don't like posting pictures on here! I shared on the facebook group but I think you're in the other one! Maybe I'll find one where my face isn't showing :wink:
    ETA: omg @leilaquinn obsessed with Romeo's hair :love: