Trying to Get Pregnant

IF testing and treatment- week of 1/29

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: what was your favorite place that you’ve vacationed?

Re: IF testing and treatment- week of 1/29

• Loading the player...
  • @RVAmom315 sorry about the headaches!! Hope the injectables aren't too bad.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Be a pest. There's nothing wrong with advocating for yourself. I understand these doctors/nurses do this every single day, but we don't (well, we shouldn't lol) and we deserve to know what's going on.

@avrilmai Hopefully this U/S will give you the OK to move forward. GL!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2018
    @AlohaKumu That’s awesome your friend and coworker offered to help!!! 
  • @AlohaKumu I bet you’re relieved to have figured out your PIO shots. What a good friend to have hat is going to accompany you to FET ❤️

@ndz2018 Last night, I was in the middle of grumping to MH about something & the “help I’ve fallen & cant get up” commercial came on tv. I laughed so hard I cried. Then, I cried thinking about how those actors probably filmed that in the 90s and are probably all passed away now :(
  • @AlohaKumu I'm so glad you have your friend coming with you on Friday. Everything is crossed for you <3

@jrm_14 Mandell's here too - I just heard from them, but last cycle I panicked and called, and they were like, someone will call you back. No one called that day, so I called the next day, and they're like, well you don't need your prescription until this weekend (it was Tuesday) so we were going to get to you later today or Wednesday. I was like, well EXCUSE me! Haha.
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @jrm_14 the u/s is next wednesday. 
    @ndz2018 the genetic screening should take about 2 weeks. They scheduled the u/s 4 weeks from the rupture/diagnosis, so I don't think it is possible to move it up. 
    @lurvleybunchococonuts paper trails are good, also most insurance companies record calls, so if you keep track of the name of the person and date/time of the call you can usually use that as tracking as well. I even ask them to spell their names sometimes just to be sure I got it right. I don't care if it is Ann I'm asking them to spell it! As for calling the doctor, I've found if I don't advocate for myself no one else will. Call if you need to. 
    @AlohaKumu so glad you'll have someone at the transfer and I'm really happy to hear that your coworker and friend are able./willing to help with the injections. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts I feel you on wanting AF to show up! When we started our IVF journey AF was 9 days late THEN when I was Waiting to start stims AF was 11 days late!!!! So annoying. I tried everything from taking a massive amount of Vit C to drinking a TON of parsley tea and lots of sex!!! Maybe they’ll give you something to jump start it if it doesn’t show up soon. 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts Glad you called and everything looks good! And I'm sure you're not the first person to bug Sharon :smile: 
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2018
    @50Wife Are you guys doing a fresh transfer? My estrogen was really high like that right before the ER too. I had A tough two days after my ER. MAKE sure you’re prepared lots is electrolytes Gatorade, pedialyte , or coconut water is good too!! Salty snacks chips, pretzels, etc I swear I had A slight case of OHSS but I was Urinating regularly so they weren’t too worried. By day 3 I felt A million times better.
  • @darkstar42 We will only get one day in Edinburgh as we are just flying up in the morning from London and then back later that same day - are there must-sees (other than the castle obviously)? I think right now our plan is to just wander around the city centre for most of the day but my boss wants me to have a list of things I want to see in each place so recommendations are welcome! 
    @KristoKekerooni Ugh, I'm sorry you had to go through the stress from the tech at the US, that's awful! But I'm glad the news was way better than you were told during!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @ndz2018 Thanks, you made me feel better! we're doing a frozen transfer.  
    She called and said it's really high and we're putting you on this medicine starting tonight and OHSS and my mind started to race and Jesus I Googled OHSS which was a fucking mistake.
  • @kristokekerooni I am so sorry the US tech said all that, especially seeing as she was wrong about it all!  I'm so sorry she did that to you :(  I know you asked her, but good grief how awful!  Keep growining little follies!  I hope you don't need to reschedule anything else flight wise! 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @KristoKekerooni I want to TP that I/s tech for you. Even if she was joking, NOT cool.  At all. FX SO HARD everything works out for Friday/Saturday retrieval. 

@darkstar42 I’m not sure why there are 2. I presume if #1 is BFN then I won’t have to do #2. ((Hugs)) that’s tough hearing about her pregnancy. I glad to hear first day of classes have been a distraction.  

@lurvleybunchococonuts If Sharon has an issue with your call, she should call my RE’s & ask how often I pester them :D 

@elothair The Edinburgh castle was totally worth the scenic view. However, if you only have a day, don’t get stuck there for hours & hours!

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2018
    @50Wife I wouldn’t worry too much if you’re not doing fresh transfer. Take the meds the doc gave you and make sure you stock up on those items and REST afterwards, is my best advice. I would even ask for pain meds after too! I happen to have some Percocets at home from another procedure and they came in handy for my ER!!