March 2018 Moms
Options

MOMs (MOMs MoMs of multiples) weekly check in for the week of January 28th

Hi ladies - This is for all of us expecting more than one little blessing! How are you doing this week? 
Feel free to post bump pics or ultrasound pics and of course babies pics when they finally get here.!.!

OUR Multiple Mommies!!

37wks cut off @Momma6angels11,@kikikav
38wks cut off @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake,@Mnddnvn,  @amanning2011@Sardavbak , @vflux33 

@lexigirl1228 ;EDD 3/4 B/B
@awolfff EDD 3/8 B/G
@Momma6angels11  EDD 3/9 B/G
@Sardavbak EDD 3/12
@vflux33 EDD 3/14 B/B
@i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake EDD 3/14 B/B
@Mnddnvn EDD 3/16 B/G
@Syssa-o EDD 3/21 B/G
@amanning2011 EDD 3/25 G/G
@Gingham EDD 3/26 B/B
@kikikav EDD 3/29 G/G

1. How far along are you? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??

2. Any recent appointment updates,if not when is your next appt?

3. How are you feeling?

4. Best moment with the babies this week?

5. Any Rants/ Raves/Questions, or  Advice ? 

Re: MOMs (MOMs MoMs of multiples) weekly check in for the week of January 28th

• Options
    Of course I will post my update on Tuesday or after as my appointments every week are Tuesdays and Fridays.
    I hope everyone is hanging in there as best as you can, as I know Im miserable pretty much everyday and pretty sure everyone feels about the same.. we all are getting closer so thats a big plus!!
  • Options
    @mnddnvn Hey, how are you holding up?

1. How far along are you? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??
    33 + 3. Haven't had a growth scan in a bit, but in last one A was 6.6 %ile (moderate IUGR) and B was 10.2 (borderline IUGR).

My blood pressure wasn't perfect, and there was a dip in the babies' heart rates a couple times, but ultimately I passed both NSTs last week so can't complain. 2 more NSTs, and doppler check/growth scan this week. 

3. How are you feeling?
    Big. Hopeful about the next scan, but was told unlikely they will grow out of IUGR in the womb. At the very least I'm crossing all the fingers they aren't smaller than at our last growth scan, since under 3 %ile is "severe IUGR" and A especially was pretty close to that. Probably going to get a tentative recommendation from the MFM this week at the scan regarding whether a c-section is safer or not, also regarding whether we will have to push delivery earlier than 38 weeks due to the growth. I have really mixed feelings about everything, so just anxious to hear what she says. Have twin birth panic, as we all do!

I still like my mornings with them best--they get super active right before I get out of bed. 

I have gotten 2 opposing views on whether to do tandem breastfeeding or breastfeed separately from 2 different licensed lactation consultants. If you're planning to breastfeed, what have you guys heard about tandem feeding? Yay or nay? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vflux33 Thanks for asking. Back in the hospital...see below for details. 

1. How far along are you? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??
    33+1. As of Friday, Baby A is 4lbs 6oz, Baby B is 3 lbs 15oz, which I think was about 40% and 20% respectively.

Went for my weekly appt on Friday and my doctor found I had dilated to 4 cm (was at 2cm a week prior) and admitted me back to the hospital indefinitely until the babies come. I've had minimal contractions to indicate this progression is happening and one doctor said I have a 'sneaky cervix' so we just have to watch developments closely.

On one hand, being back in the hospital is harder this second time around because, well, I'm getting tired of this. But it's easier because I know what to expect and the babies are bigger/older so each day that passes it's a little less scary that they might come that day.

In the hospital I have 2 NSTs a day plus contraction monitoring and vital sign monitoring every couple of hours. It's a lot!

3. How are you feeling?
    Discouraged but trying to set small goals for myself (like make it to Monday before going into full-blown labor) even though I really have no control over it. Also a little stressed because we still haven't decided on a girl name and the pressure is on now!

Glad to make it to 33 weeks and have the babies close to or above 4 lbs.

5. Any Rants/ Raves/Questions, or  Advice ? 
    @vflux33 I hope to be able to tandem breastfeed for efficiency sake, but I have read that you may want to get the hang of it one at a time and make sure the latch is good before trying both at once. I bought the twin-z pillow with the hope of breastfeeding both at once.

I've haven't gained any weight in the last 2+ weeks, anyone else's weight gain slowing down?
  • Options
    @mnddnvn Wow, I'm sorry you're back in there, but good you're being so closely monitored. Sounds like going home again is off the table. If you can make it just a couple more weeks you'll at least be into that "late preterm" phase. Good luck, keep us updated when you're able!
  • Options
    33w4d. 9 days ago they weighed a total of 10 lbs together so I'm guessing they are somewhere around 11 lbs combined by now.
    I have one on Wed. I haven't had a NST in quite some time so will ask about that. They started hooking me up to the monitors last week but my OB gets impatient when she can't find the heart tones right away then whisks me off for a scan. I guess she feels that since I don't have contractions I don't need it? Would still like one.
    3. How are you feeling?
    Huge. Hips really hurt at night and in AM. PUPPS rash is much better so can't complain. 
    They are so very active! I even tried calming them down at one point this week with my delivery playlist. I'm trying to get them familiarized with a specific set of songs so that when they're born it will soothe them to hear it. 
    C section is tentatively scheduled for 2/23. I'll be 37w2d. I feel good about that gestational age considering their current sizes

@vflux33
    I haven't heard anything negative about tandem feeding...what's the reason behind that?

@mnddnvn
    My weight has definitely slowed down lately. I don't remember the exact number but last week I wasn't in complete shock when I saw my weight so that was new. 
  • Options
    35 weeks on Thursday! We don’t know their current weights, but we know they are large.

Had my NST today and they were picking up contractions again. Told me I could increase my nifedipine to every 4-6 hours instead of every 6 hours. And that I can stop taking it at 37 weeks (yay!). The NST took extra long today— the chair next to me had two other moms come and leave before I got to leave.

3. How are you feeling?
    I’m ok. Anxious about how this will all go down. Relieved that we are SO close to being “in the clear” of the NICU (at least in terms of gestational age) and kind of in need of extra snuggles from my toddler and husband these days.

Feeling them respond to the world around the belly

We broke up with the nanny that couldn’t make Mac n cheese...she was odd and made me really uncomfortable. Our new nanny started today and she is awesome. She has the energy to keep up with the boy AND she just finished nursing school (so I won’t feel weird about my boobs being out or being a bloody postpartum mess). Also, she made Mac n cheese today and it was good. So relieved about having the help. My family says they want to help, but haven’t really had much help that has been consistent. So this takes a huge load off my shoulders. 

Also, I did it. I scheduled the csection...for 2/22 (I’ll be 38 wks, but at this rate, I’m kind of thinking they will be here before that...my guess is 2/15). Trying to get my remaining NSTs with the doc who will be performing it so I don’t have to see the one I’ve been seeing and to get his take on trying vaginally if baby b flips. I’m also hoping it will relieve at least some of my anxieties surrounding the csection. 

Can you all believe it is almost February?! Feels so surreal that in the next few weeks (God willing) we will have our babies!! This has been the longest shortest pregnancy ever! Lol

@vflux33 I’m hoping to eventually achieve tandem breastfeeding—hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m realistic though and know this may be a challenge and want them both to have a proper latch to avoid the mess of issues that may happen should they not get a good latch. So, beginning, I’ll do one at a time and then once that’s figured out, I’ll try tandem. With a csection, I’m told that means milk will come in later. I’m hoping not too much later...

@mnddnvn I’m sorry you are back in the hospital. Hope the next few weeks go fast for you and those babies stay put! Weight slowed down for a couple of weeks and then went up two lbs today...not sure what that’s all about, but I’m not sure my belly will stretch much more than it has! 
  • Options
    @awolfff Glad you broke up with your nanny and found a better one! Mac and cheese skills are very important.

It is crazy how close we're getting. Kinda freaking out! 
  • Options
    Well girls my MFM appointment on Tuesday they were 4lbs 15oz and 5lbs 7oz  at 34+4

Then last night i thought i caught the flu.. sorry for the *tmi* i started vomiting at 6pm and then loose stools and contractions came on really close together so i called the on call number and she was one of the obs i dont care for but she basically said to just sip fluids and try and rest..so i did and contractions seemed to slow.. then about 11:50 something today i stood up from the couch and it felt like my water broke went to bathroom and it was blood. Called ob and they said come in. Fast forward.. they gave me a steriod shot around 4 and are currently trying to stop contractions until i get my second steriod shot tomorrow.. will update when i can.. oh yeah they transfered me to another hospital with a higher NICU.. also today is my birthday..
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 Wow, I'm so sorry you're going through all that. Sounds awful. I don't know what to say except that I hope they are able to stop the contractions and keep your LO's in there longer. :/ What a terrible birthday.
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 **lurker** thoughts and prayers for all of you. Sending love. <3
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 prayers for you and babies. I’m so sorry you are going through all of this (especially on your bday).  <3
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 I am so sorry for all the stress.  You are almost 35 weeks and that is a great gestation for twins to be born.  We'd all like for our babies to be born full term with no complications, but sometimes it's safer for them to be here on the outside.  Keep us updated!
  • Options
    32+4. At the last growth scan the girls were measuring 2lb13oz and 2lb12oz.
    I had an OB appointment yesterday. My OB works with a bunch of midwives, but because of my diagnosis of gestational diabetes and the girls both being considered growth restricted he doesn't want me to see any of the midwives anymore. Baby A finally seems to be starting to flip head down which means I might actually get to try a vaginal birth. At my MFM appointment last week the girls were still measuring very small, but the doctor said everything else looks great so it is quite likely the girls are just petite.
    3. How are you feeling?
    Big, even though I'm not measuring that big. My back also doesn't appreciate the shift in gravity.
    They never seem to stop moving which gives me a lot of reassurance for their health even though they are really small.
    Still waiting on the husband to get the nursery cleared out since I can't lift things without a lot of pain. I love him, but his ADD isn't helping much in getting things ready. We're also looking at buying a slightly bigger house which also makes getting the house cleaned up and packed up important.

@momma6angels11 praying for you and your littles! Keep us updated on how they and you are doing.

@vflux33 I'm hoping to be able to tandem feed once I get the hang of doing it with one first lol. I've read that it can help keep your supply up by feeding both at the same time.

@mnddnvn I'm sorry you're back in the hospital :( Hopefully the time will go by quickly for you and your babies will stay inside and grow healthy.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 keeping you in my thoughts.  <3
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 thinking of you!  Your water didn't actually break, right?  So they have a chance to stay in a bit longer?  Keep us posted.
  • Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited February 2018
    @awolfff lurking ... congratulations

Edit wrong tag
  • Options
    Lurking! Congrats @awolfff!!!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!!
  • Options
    @awolfff Congrats! Nice big babies for 35 weeks :) Can't wait to see pictures.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    **Lurking** Congratulations @awolfff! Sounds like everyone is doing well. <3 Hopefully they can get his breathing on track and back with you asap. 
  • Options
    @awolfff Congratulations!! ♥️
  • Options
    @awolfff Amazing!!! Congratulations! ❤️
  • Options
    Congratulations @awolfff!!!

Sorry for my extended silence - the app just KILLS my battery and makes my phone so hot! I never remember to log into the bump on my computer

34.4 today. As of my scan last Friday she was 5lbs10oz and he was 4lbs9oz, so assuming about 1/2 pound bigger each today?

2. Any recent appointment updates, if not when is your next appt?
    I have a weekly OB apt, next one is Tuesday. Also have a weekly NST/BPP appointment, next one is Wednesday. They both passed the NST/BPP this past week.

3. How are you feeling?
    Measuring at 44 weeks as of this past week's OB visit. Very uncomfortable, walking is painful - I'm sure you all know! Also starting to really get swollen ankles when I am up too much. 

Seeing them both practice breathing during the BPP - it's so reassuring to know they would do okay if they are born soon!

Have y'all packed hospital bags yet? I'm dragging my feet on that for some reason... I think a little bit is denial that they could come any time now! 
  • Options
    @awolfff OMG Congrats!!! I'm glad it sounds like the c-section wasn't too traumatic, I know you were stressing that part a few weeks ago. Those are great weights! I hope Harrison's breathing improves and that he can come hang out n the room with you and Charlotte soon  <3 
  • Options
    Thank you all!! It’s tough having one in the NICU and one out. @vflux33 I was totally sweating the c section and it hasn’t been all TOO bad. The actual surgery was a real strange experience and I totally cried when I got to the OR....it was just really intimidating to me. The epidural was weird... Now I’m sore..feeling pretty bruised and swollen. Happy as a clam that babies are basically okay. Going to be here for at least 4 days and I’m hoping Harrison will be out of the NICU before then. 

• Options
    @awolfff Aw, well, I'm sorry it was scary, but sounds like you did great and now it's over at least. I have heard that before-- that one in NICU/one out can be tricky to handle. Keep us posted on Harrison  :)  
  • Options
    @awolfff congratulations!! I hope and pray Harrison gets to join you and Charlotte very soon! Can't wait to see pictures!! Im a little jealous..lol.. 

I ended up getting sent home last night as contractions never got back to a regular pattern.. my legs were swelled like balloons and my left leg today is still not normal.. i was begging the on call drs to just induce or do a csection but he kept saying its just too soon, and im thinking ok they already have the steriods so why not. Im just hoping they come soon im back to being miserable even know the hospital was worse at least if the babies would of came i would most likely feel better with breathing and such..
  • Options
    @momma6angels11 Ugh the back and forth must be so frustrating. Well, if the doctors think they'll benefit from a little extra womb time then probably worth it. It sounds like you're not gonna have to wait too long either way.

They physical effects of 3rd tri with twins is no joke! Everything is so difficult at this point. I hope you get some relief soon!
  • Options
    *lurking*’

@awolloff Congratulations!  Hope H is doing better now!