April 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 1/26

I know we missed last week, but lets hear it Friday ladies

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3.Any upcoming appointments?

4. Rants,  Raves,  Questions?

5. GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time and money were no object??

Re: Friday Ticker Change 1/26

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    30 weeks,  a zucchini 

Okay, major heartburn at every turn and starting to get some hip/low back pain, but mostly okay lol

I go Monday for my first q2week appt. Nothing exciting

Rant is mostly about my own laziness. I complained at my husband for weeks to finish sanding the nursery so I could paint it... He finished 2 weeks ago and now I'm the a**hole holding up the project with my total lack of motivation. Annoyed with myself. 

5. GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time and money were no object?
    I know it's the most obvious and cliche,  but definitely travel. I've been to FL, AZ, PA, WV, VA, KY, NC, SC and a few spots around the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico,  but I'd kill to go to Europe, Japan, and other states,  especially out west.

• @ftm_ohio if you DO ever make it out west, you best look me up, we will show you around with joy! I'm laughing a bit about your nursery, that's definitely happened to me where I've groused at my husband to get something done and then I"m almost more annoyed when he DOES get it done bc I have to get off my high horse and do my part  ;)  I wouldn't be too hard on myself though about not painting, I mean what woman in her third trimester is like OMG YOU GUYS YOU GUYS!!! This weekend I GET TO PAINT THE NURSERY. Y'all jealous? I think he should just do it and you can get pizza. 

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 28 weeks...eggplant. 

2. How are you feeling lately? I've had a tough week both at work and at home, so I'm feeling depleted. This weekend, we have a 6 hour birthing class. I somehow decided to watch a video of a woman getting an epidural while browsing clothes for the hospital (WTF!) and it sent me in a panic. I am normally really comfortable with needles and medical procedures and blood (you work around horses and you see some gnarly stuff) but for some reason, the needle in the spine really traumatized me. So today I'm going to distract myself with work and articles about how awful the bachelor this season is.  :D

3.Any upcoming appointments? My next one is next week! 

4. Rants,  Raves,  Questions? Oh dear, I think I did all my ranting above, sorry! 

5. GTKY: What hobby would you get into if time and money were no object?? I would just do more of the horses at a higher level. It gets outrageously expensive as you progress, but the thrill of competition is intoxicating and the bond you develop with the horses can be so amazing. You have to face a lot of your fears and turn off your brain as much as possible, which is good for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ftm_ohio the laziness! I'm disgusted with myself some days. I know a major part is feeling like an exhausted whale, but this weather is crushing my soul a little too. I'm over winter and I want to be back to a functioning person again. 

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    29 weeks, a Hawaiian pineapple. Or Barbie convertible. 
    Tired, occasional back pain. More squished. But overall I'm okay.
    I have my followup scan Tuesday to check on the position of the placenta. Hopefully it moved up and away from my cervix, fx.
    The only thing I have is I'm excited for a 50 degree day. I'm about to shower and hopefully by the time we're ready it will be close to it. I have no plans but to just leave the house. Not bundled up and able to feel my face :)
    I think I'd go the cliche route too. I want to go to Australia, Italy, Galapagos islands, Ireland to start. There's a bunch of states I'd like to travel to as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @stalkinghorse 6 hour birthing class?? Holy cow. I hope it goes by quickly.
    I was worried about the epidural too. Although I never watched a video :D But in my experience it was nothing. I didn't even feel it go in and it was instant relief (euphoria really). 

BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• ftm_ohioftm_ohio member
    edited January 2018
    @stalkinghorse I wish he would do it,  but I promised I would and also he has to refinish the floor when I finish painting,  so it's my turn to do SOMETHING lol. The struggle is real though!

I'd definitely hit you up if we make it back out west,  but I'm sure it'll be a while lol!

Sorry things have been rough lately. A 6 hour birthing class seems a bit much. I don't think I could concentrate that long. 

Also as a medical professional,  it's my recommendation you NEVER watch things like that. I've watched 3 births and 2 c sections in person and frankly I wish I didn't know things  :D

@sapphires-and-diamonds the weather definitely doesn't help. 

I'm gonna talk right to your placenta for a second "Go on now, placenta, GIT!"  :D FX you hear good news!!

And OMG Galapagos!! That would be amazing!
  • 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    30 weeks, zucchini
    Oh the heartburn! I thought I was getting the flu because of a sore throat, body aches, and a headache. Turns out the sore throat was from heartburn and the other two are from not sleeping well. So that's better than the real flu.
    Just regular, every two weeks
    MH sprained his ankle pretty badly. I feel bad for him because it's swollen and bruised. It's also the worst possible timing, because I can't lift anything or do much and now neither can he!
    @stalkinghorse we did our childbirth class this past weekend and they went over the epidural too, yikes! Hopefully, your class goes well and you'll feel better about it 
    I would have alpacas. Right now we don't have any fencing or shelter for them so in a few years we will start that process, but we're kind of stretched at this point.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sapphires-and-diamonds fingers crossed and double crossed for a good scan with improved placenta positioning (never thought I would type that)...sending you lots and lots of warm california weather wishes.
    @ftm_ohio I still think you are a dynamite wife, I'm on strike right now. Typical French person I know.  :# I'm curious, do you think your pregnancy is made easier or harder by your medical knowledge? I hope easier, but I wonder about that :)
    @sarahkate2233 OH M'GOD, alpacas!!!! They are soooo cool, how flipping neat that you may get some. Has that always been an interest of yours? The first time I met some alpacas was when I was traveling in Peru, and I just fell in love with them. 
  • @stalkinghorse for a couple of years now, we've wanted to get at least 5. That's really cool you got to see them in Peru! I'd love to visit there some day, did you go to Lima or another area?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sarahkate2233 oh my gosh 5. a little troupe! We were in Lima one night and then we went all over. We were in the Amazon for a few days, then Cusco and then Machu Pichu, on to Puno to finish at Lake Titicaca. The best was Raqch'i, a central connection point for the Incas. They had these incredible grain storage systems. There were zero tourists and the place has this weird magnetic frequency, so the ancient ruins feel very mysterious and sacred. We geeked out hard over there. 
  • @stalkinghorse that sounds so wonderful! I'll have to remember for next time I can take a vacation (which may be a far time away)  :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sarahkate2233 glad you don't have the flu,  but the heartburn is a beyotch!

Here's hoping your husband feels better quickly,  that's gotta make things hard!

Very cool about alpacas, they are devilishly cute!

@stalkinghorse I think it hasn't done much one way or the other because womens health, particularly OB were not my interest or strong suit. I'm a chemo/hospice RN at heart, but they say nurses (and drs) make the worst patients for a reason.  There were a few times I thought about calling the doctor and a few times I was freaking out but didn't do anything because I felt like I was probably fine.  Being married to an RN doesn't help cuz he's the same way (or it does help cuz I am fine  :D )

Its mostly the fact that I've seen births in person that concerns me. At the time it was  wicked cool,  but now I'm like,  that seemed horrible for this reason or that hahaha