Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA week of 1/15

*please notice*

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched. (There is also a TTCAL "sister" thread.)

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in high school?

Re: Benched/TTA week of 1/15

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA?   Benched

What brings you here?   Molar pregnancy

How long do you think you'll be here? 2 months 3 weeks.

How have things been going?  Not the best. But, my mood changes very often. One minute, I am thinking about how I have this time to get myself into better physical shape, then bitter and annoyed I have to wait.   But, I must say physically typing 2 months and 3 weeks felt a whole lot better than 3 months.   I think I am more emotional and worried about my ability to actually get pregnant when I get unbenched than being benched.  I think I mentioned last week that I am back and forth about stopping BCP a month before I am supposed to (but being good and using condoms.). Last time I stopped BCP, my cycles we're normal immediately, (for the first few months then they stopped completely....) But, the time before that, it took 2 months to get a period, and the time before that it took 3 months.  I also have naughty thoughts about how I have a filled script of clomid in my medicine cabinet.
    .. but I will be good. 

I keep reminding myself that April is bad timing to get pregnant too, since due date would be January, which is when our $4,000 deductible starts over (which, I can meet with 2 rx fills that I don't pay.) Although, there would still be a small chance of a 2018 free baby.  

Any R/R/CS/Q?  I am not sure if anyone knows the answer, and I may just do it to experiment.  I have been spotting and getting migraines from the hormonal fluctuations.  I wonder if temping would warn of when this starts? I was wondering if I am possibly having drops in my temp before the bleeding/migraines happen. I think it would be more likely to show on a chart before I started my new BCP, when I was only on the depo.  I like charts and data because I am crazy, so I may chart now, plus, it will get me in the habit

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in high school?    Probably Latin. My teacher was great, and I loved learning the history aspects too.
  • Options
    @holly321 I totally understand what you mean by being emotional and worried about getting pregnant. I spent a year before TTGP on meds that were unsafe for pregnancy and I spent every minute counting the time til I was off the meds and could try. Now that we’re trying I’m terrified of how hard it will be. I’m sorry you’re feeling this way! Hopefully 2 months and 3 weeks will fly by and you will get pregnant at the perfect time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @holly321  hmmmm... I would think it would be ok to go of bcp as long as you’re using physical methods of birth control. Did you ask your doc? I don’t blame you... I would probably do that if I were in your place :) 

Are you benched or TTA? Benched 

What brings you here? Surgery on a partial septum

How long do you think you'll be here? 2.5 months

How have things been going? Meh.... just annoyed to be benched and irritable because the hormones I have to take in prep for surgery makes me angry and irritable 

Any R/R/CS/Q? Nope

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in high school? Equal balance of science and history 
  • Options

What brings you here? Waiting for surgery to remove this damn septum in my uterus 

How long do you think you'll be here? Hoping to find out in a few min as I’m in the waiting room at the clinic for my pre op!

How have things been going? I screwed Up my BCP on Sunday  , I forgot to take it, but doubled up on Monday and now I’m spotting! I emailed my nurse to let her know but I have a feeling it not a big deal since it’s not a full blown period. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in high school? Im gonna go with history. 

@holly321 I dont see why stopping BCP early would be an issue either as long as your using protection but I would def clear with you doc 

@dragonette505 YAY we are so close to getting these damn septum’s removed! 
  • Options
    Ok so Dr confirmed I will be benched till March and  I am set for a March FET!!

@dragonette505 I spoke with The dr yesterday and he told me I should Be good after a day after the surgery, I’m like REALLY?!?! He said I will Probably only need Advil but he’ll give me something stronger in case.  Also I only have to take BCP till the night before the surgery. The night of the surgery I will Start taking Estrace.. 2 x a day for 4 weeks also on 2/13 I throw in Prometrium 2 x a day for 7 days. After I’m finished with the meds i should get AF within 3-5 days. After that i go in for CD 3 BW and FET prep begins! 

• Options
    @ndz2018 That’s awesome! Maybe your surgery will be less extensive than mine. I’m glad for the week off :) and since it’s for medical reasons it’s not coming out of my vaca days! They just count as sick days (which we get unlimited).
    im on a form of progesterone now and like you will start estrogen after the surgery for a month. Blah. My pre op is Tuesday (you should be all recovered by then, huh? ;P
    she didn’t mention any more progesterone after but I guess ill
    know for sure Tuesday. Are you doing an fet with your cycle after your recovery month?
  • Options
    @dragonette505 Not sure how extensive the surgery is but he did say the septum pretty much reaches down to my cervix. Trust me, im
    taking a few days off! I’ll see how i feel tue night before I make any decisions about going back to work. Also , yes, If all things go as planned I should get AF late Feb and prep for my FET!  This is our first try so lots of emotions and concerns. I try to keep my expectations low when it comes to all this, as we all know life doesn’t always go as planned, it’s hard not to be excited a little.
  • Options
    @ndz2018 yeah, from what I’ve heard from google and etc, the thing that hurts afterwards isn’t your uterus, but horrible gas pains. 
    You know..... some people are all set with their first fet.... there’s no reason you can’t be one of those people! 

• Options
    @dragonette505 Aww thanks! Yeah, its like I want to be excited but a piece of me knows how painful it will be if it doesn’t take. All I can do is hope.

@holly321 Did you as your doc about stopping BCP early? 
  • Options

@holly321 I think I would be naughty like you and stop BCP earlier too. So sorry to hear and about the migraines and hormones. I hope that those get under control for you soon. 

@dragonette505 Boo for hormones! Hope these 2.5 months fly by for you. 

@ndz2018 Great news! Bring on March!! GL for the surgery!

What brings you here? DH is deployed for 6 months, so no sexy time for this lady. 

How long do you think you'll be here? mid-July if we are lucky (although I will see him for 2 weeks in May)

How have things been going? It is not pretty. Getting used to DH going away and adjusting to the "single life" is tough. By no means the first trip he has done, but the realization that he is gone for a full six months is hitting home. I have been down that this journey gets put on hold for so long when I feel like this is when we could possibly be turning that corner at 8 months in. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in high school? I was an accounting and math nerd!
  • Options
    nitnat007 Ugh.. half a year is definitely a long time :( I would be lost! Hope it goes quickly, and who knows... maybe your eggies will line up on your two weeks in May!!
  • Options

What brings you here? Twins diagnosed with TTTS. Shepherd William passed at 22 weeks. Abraham was born at 25 weeks and lived in the NICU for 24 days before joining his brother in heaven. 

How long do you think you'll be here? I think we may consider trying in 3 more cycles. 

How have things been going? Ok. I am now temping this cycle to see where my body is at. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? What BBT do you guys use? 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in high school? Lunch? Lol, probably show choir. 
  • Options
    @holly321 I feel like our timelines for ttc are similar. Come on April! 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 i use the one they sell at Target. I think it's an up and up brand, don't quote me in that. It is bunk and white, I like that one way better that the one I got a a different drugstore. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37, I noticed that before, but was hesitant to say anything since you were unsure if you were going to be ready to try again.  As for BBT, I need a new one, but I have always used a regular thermometer.  I have lost my good one and only have one that takes a year and a half to get a reading.  I plan to get the 6 second one at Target. I used to have it , but lost it.
  • Options
    @holly321 that is really considerate of you. :) this last week I feel a little more ready to try in April since AF is finally back. I have one of those 90 second BBT too and I hate it. I will have to look into the target one. Do you notice one is more accurate than the other? 
  • Options
    meatballs37 I think many of us are on the same likely schedule of being benched a few more months. Supposedly I can try in March, but that really depends on recovery, so I'm pretty sure I'm here till or through March.
  • Options
    @dragonette505 I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Waiting stinks. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 yeah, I feel like my waiting time has a waiting time! lol... first waiting for surgery, then waiting to recover, then waiting to transfer, then waiting to get KU! lol we shall see :)