October 2016 Moms
Options

January Randoms

Re: January Randoms

• Options
    ahhhhh IT'S JANUARY! 

This year our babies will turn two. TWO?! Oh gosh.

*American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    Well guys- we're making a giant step today. We're enrolling the boys in daycare so we can both go to school full time and hopefully both work part time. They will start on the eighth ... So many mixed emotions!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m not sure if I posted all about our daycare experiences or not. I was forced to have to put S in daycare back in September because H had a training that was not his normal schedule (M-F 9-5). Our babysitter of course wasn’t available for 3 out of the 5 weeks (this was the one I had to end up firing because of the no call no show). I was pretty upset over it and didn’t want to send her. She did not do well. But then something happened right around her birthday where she would get so excited to see other kids. I made the decision earlier this month to send her to daycare and she does so good now. I feel so much better about it this time around also. It will be good for the boys to be around other kids and good for you to get a much needed break. Btw, I can’t wait for MLK day because I’m off but daycare is open and S will be going  :#.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid How did daycare go?
  • Options
    It didn't :/ We ended up changing our school schedules back to the way they were so we can keep them home. We simply can not afford daycare, and we do not qualify for child care assistance because we're both students.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I hate that it didn’t work out! Could you see about another SAHM watching the kids? I know some people that asked a mom to watch their kids and it worked out for everyone especially if it isn’t going to be every day. Also some people participate in a nanny share program to save money.
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited January 2018
    I had a friend who offered to watch them every day but Monday for free- But I feel like that would be taking advantage of her. Seriously, the boys are WILD and I would never put that on ANYONE who wasn't properly prepared, especially without any comoensation haha It works out now the way we have it, so we'll just do this. I may take her up on her offer once I transfer though, I'll HAVE to go full time to make it worth my financial while due to OU charging a flat tuition rate. She also has a 6-month-old and is currently BFing, so I want her to be able to spend as much time as she can focusing on her LO uninterrupted.
  • Options
    Also, I've gotten back on the fitness wagon, and am doing really well! It wasn't a resolution, just a plan that hapoened to coincide with the new year, and I'm down 5lbs this month so far :) I've only been following my calorie and macros recommendations with light everyday activityand so far so good. I'll be incorporating exercise once I've 100% adapted to my new nutritional lifestyle (notice I didn't say diet- I've done a 180 on what I eat, and it's a permanent change).
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid that’s great on the fitness plan! How much are you trying to lose? I can’t eat healthy consistently for anything :/

I would definitely take your friend up on her offer and tell her you won’t let her do it for free.. maybe offer $100-$150 a week or whatever you can work out. 
  • Options
    I’ve been feeling super overwhelmed with work, raising LO, marriage, house, etc. I want to do and have it all but it just isn’t working! I’m not sure what’s got to give but it’s something.. I can’t keep running like this! I feel like no one gets a 100%.. more like 50% and I hate that.
  • Options
    @fitlady21 I don't really have a weight goal, I just want to fit back into my closet full of size 3 pants instead of struggling to button the three pairs size 7 jeans my SIL loaned me. After that, I'm going to work on toning up and actually getting fit instead of just slim. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, it'll be a totally new ballgame I'm sure.

I was informed that the early childhood development department has a hands-on learning center (daycare) on campus that prioritizes student-parents, so I'm going to look into that and if it isn't my cup of tea (or I can't get the boys in) I'll take her up on her offer. I know she would never accept that much money from me, but I have no doubt we can work something out. I'm thinking about gifting her a gym membership to our gym here in town after we get our taxes, and then picking a few days to go together to help motivate her. She is trying so hard to get on the fitness wagon too, but is struggling so I'd love to be able to help her any way I can! She just doesn't solid support backing her.

I understand completely how you feel, re. being overwhelmed and nothing getting 100%. I was feeling stressed out by those exact things until I finally decided to pick and choose which things seemed most important to me THAT DAY, and focus the majority of my attention there. We just can't have it all I don't think... It isn't humanly possible in my opinion. Unless you're a cyborg or smoke method something... Definitely communicate with your H about what your priorties are from day to day- the reality is he probably won't be on board most days (in my case anyway- it is awesome when he is though), but at least you'll have the peace of mind knowing that your plans are out there, all parties have been made aware, and you can work on reaching your mini-goal of the day.
  • Options
    I completely understand how you’re feeling @fitlady21. It’s hard to do it all and give 100% to everything. In my situation, my house suffers because I’m not willing to give up time with S to clean. I try to get to it when she’s in bed for the night or during naps on weekends. But sometimes I just want to relax too and I allow myself that time. IMO, your H should be helping with raising LO and the house. It’s unfair for him to expect you to do it all.
  • Options
    Just got through the busiest season of the year work wise. The school year starts in January here and sorting out school fees, uniforms, ect for 50 kids was def a bigger challenge than expected. 

@fitlady21 I hear you. I feel like all I do is nag DH but I seriously feel like I'm pulling all the weight in every department. Its exhausting. And like you @ladybug2821 my house is totally suffering. Oops

*American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)